Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Filefront closing its doors., Sad day in the interwebs.

Pages: 1

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on March 27, 2009 at 6:38:56 [Post link]

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on March 28, 2009 at 1:44:03 [Post link]

Damn.

At first, I was thinking: "meh, another file-sharing site, don't care"... then I realized what we were talking about.

Filefront is big, have been around for many years, and they're among the best in what they do. It's really one of the best sources for mods, maps, patches, improvements and so on. Considering the age of some of the games (Star Trek Armada and Elite Force come to mind), I doubt that anything as complete will ever take over. I'll have to do a last check this weekend to see if there's anything I want to keep.

I'm sad to see them go.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 4, 2009 at 22:12:32 [Post link]

It lives!!

Quote:
FileFront has been acquired by the original founders of the site and will NOT be suspended as previously announced. This is NOT an April Fool's Joke.

Full details here.

This is where having a small company works better than relying on a large conglomerate: the small team running FileFront is dedicated to it and is willing to find ways to keep the site afloat, while the larger company only wants to dump away some excess baggage.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Ace Scope
Superstar!

Posted on April 5, 2009 at 20:34:42 [Post link]

It makes me really happy it's not closing down. I always use them as a mirror. They have good downloads.

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on April 7, 2009 at 1:13:15 [Post link]

There are a lot of mixed feelings about this currently, as the other staff were under the impression that it was going to close and went ahead and got servers, and a new forum, and place to stay as soon as Filefront went down, and now they're having at it(I assume) behind closed doors.

It's quite saddening really, they were a great team when they all had communication.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Pages: 1

New topic Reply