Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Hao
Fear Factory
Inactive
1268 posts

Hey, don't mean to advertise or nothing, but wanted some tips since the last time I've visited this site, it seemed to be filled with some pretty sharp folks, so decided to drop by again for some sales advise. ...what's wrong with my Transformers toys? Is it the bad quality phone camera pics? The description? The title? These were selling so well when I bought them, that I paid almost 3x as much as I'm selling them for. Like I expected the custom painted Bumblebee and Megatron to sell but they only get like one watcher who won't even bid at the last minute. I'm in a bit of a sticky situation with money and job hunting, so I seriously need those toys to sell. Any suggestions anyone?

DemonProjectionDude's Store

...or maybe it's my username... it is a pretty lame name, but I was inspired by haunted movie theaters...

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

You can still find a lot of ROTF toys in the stores right now, so demand isn't going to be that great. Also, ROTF Megatron is pretty lame, so don't expect people to clamor over him :V

If I had some cash, I'd buy Prime off of you, especially for 20 bucks.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

The pictures look fine to me, they show what the buyers will get, and I like this much more over getting a generic catalog-grade image.

I do notice a problem with the Optimus Prime's sale: the word "Transformers" is nowhere to be found in the title! I know it's part of the "ROTF" acronym, but if *I* was looking on eBay for Transformers stuff, I'd probably miss that one.

On a personal side note, I hate that new eBay format where the shipping information is hidden behind a tab... I like all of my information visible on a single page!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Hao
Fear Factory
Inactive
1268 posts

Prime is selling pretty well... already got two bids on it. Didn't put Transformers cuz I ran outta space and usually when I'm looking for Prime I just type in "custom optimus prime" or leader class. : Although I guess the keyword Transformers would reach out to more people...I'm shocked about Human Alliance Bumblebee and Sideswipe though, as I thought they were pretty hard to find... hmm... Might have to lower my prices even more... darn. Well, thanks for them tips, I do appreciate it!

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet
Inactive
1476 posts

They're out of the box. That's why they're not selling.

Dem toy collectors love their boxes.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Boxes don't have anything to do with it. And this is ROTF we're talking about here-it's not terribly collectible yet.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Yeah don't you know that manchildren love to play with their toys?

Also your pictures suck, I must admit. You're not getting a full body shot--if I was a buyer I would wonder what the hell the rest of it looks like. Also like with Bumblebee, you mention a piece that won't pop on--you should show a picture of the shoulder without the thing on. Should take a picture of every flaw, and get a picture of several angles.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
Yeah don't you know that manchildren love to play with their toys?

Well, great job. You've gone and hurt Reverb's feelings. He's very sensitive since he is a repaint of an existing figure and he is colored like the American flag!

Edited by The Helldragon on September 12, 2009 at 9:08:10.