Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Pink cleats gets high school student kicked off sports team, October was a month of stupidity, apparently

Pages: 1

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on November 11, 2010 at 23:42:24 [Post link]

Last month in Mississippi, a kid wore pink cleats to both a football game and the next following practice, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month and his grandmother, a breast cancer survivor, who provided him the cleats in the first place.

So his coach kicked him off the team for it, denying him not only the chance to play, but the chance to graduate from high school.

Are people just fucking stupid or what?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Mississippi-player-kicked-off-team-for-wearing-p?urn=h ighschool-284296

Edited by RisingDragon on November 11, 2010 at 15:42:45.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on November 12, 2010 at 5:27:38 [Post link]

I'll go with stupidity on this one. I'm not a fan of the pink color, but kicking someone off a team for wearing pink cleats, unless there was a specific dress code, is short-sighted.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

MegamanZero66
PS3 Trophy betch.

Stream: Ezio! <3
Posted on November 12, 2010 at 22:15:06 [Post link]

I think the Football Coach has Breast Cancer. That must be it. Or he's about to get it.
He's offended looking at a guy wearing pink cleats for CANCER AWARENESS? That's so retarded, I can't even comment on it.

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on April 2, 2011 at 10:39:35 [Post link]

[Before reading article] Perhaps the school considered it a gang color? Which doesn't make it any less retarded.

[After reading]: Actually, another thing that Cracked has taught me to witness: The title of this article is "Mississippi player kicked off team after wearing pink cleats" . In other words, a player of some kind of game, in Mississippi, got kicked off of a team of some kind (perhaps or perhaps not a team of the same game that the word "player" refers to), and at some point in his life before then, he wore pink cleats (most likely, but not necessarily, either at the team, or with the organization (in this case, a school) that hosts the team, or while out in public and spotted by a member of either.

In this case, it seems that the issue being reported on really is about pink cleats, however, it is unclear whether he was actually kicked off the team for wearing pink cleats, or whether he was kicked off for, for example, swearing at the coaches or kicking somebody, while wearing pink cleats and during a request to take them off, and that his father just *thinks* that that isn't the reason.

This article also uses the phrase "Breast Cancer" as though it were so heinous that "ACTIVITIES RELATING TO BREAST CANCER CAN NEVER BE SUPRESSED11". However, the request to remove shoes had nothing to do with breast cancer at all, and to wear colors/icons/etc. for "awareness of breast cancer" is really dumb. First of all, WHY would you specific a particular location of a disease or disorder, but not include all of the disorder/disease? Have you ever heard of rallies or support for "Asperger's Syndrome in black people" or "Tumors in the lower shin"? But more importantly, have you EVER met ANYONE (over 10) who is not aware of breast cancer?

Edited by God on April 2, 2011 at 4:56:25

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on April 2, 2011 at 21:26:24 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by GodPerhaps the school considered it a gang color? Which doesn't make it any less retarded.

Is there actually a gang that uses pink? I find that unlikely.

Quote:
Actually, another thing that Cracked has taught me to witness: The title of this article is "Mississippi player kicked off team after wearing pink cleats" . In other words, a player of some kind of game, in Mississippi, got kicked off of a team of some kind (perhaps or perhaps not a team of the same game that the word "player" refers to), and at some point in his life before then, he wore pink cleats (most likely, but not necessarily, either at the team, or with the organization (in this case, a school) that hosts the team, or while out in public and spotted by a member of either.

In this case, it seems that the issue being reported on really is about pink cleats, however, it is unclear whether he was actually kicked off the team for wearing pink cleats, or whether he was kicked off for, for example, swearing at the coaches or kicking somebody, while wearing pink cleats and during a request to take them off, and that his father just *thinks* that that isn't the reason.

This article also uses the phrase "Breast Cancer" as though it were so heinous that "ACTIVITIES RELATING TO BREAST CANCER CAN NEVER BE SUPRESSED11". However, the request to remove shoes had nothing to do with breast cancer at all, and to wear colors/icons/etc. for "awareness of breast cancer" is really dumb. First of all, WHY would you specific a particular location of a disease or disorder, but not include all of the disorder/disease? Have you ever heard of rallies or support for "Asperger's Syndrome in black people" or "Tumors in the lower shin"? But more importantly, have you EVER met ANYONE (over 10) who is not aware of breast cancer?

The difference between "Asperger's syndrome in black people" and "breast cancer", is that the specific breast cancer is one of the highest causes of death among women. Furthermore, breast cancer isn't the same disease as skin cancer for instance, and while the latter is still serious it is also orders of magnitude easier to treat.

Oh, and while people may be aware of breast cancer, there's still a lot people aren't aware of. For one thing, did you know that men can get it too?

Edited by Mega X.exe on April 2, 2011 at 14:26:55

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Tri-Edge
Bobo

Stream: Your FACE!!!

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on April 5, 2011 at 5:39:59 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
Quote:
Originally posted by GodPerhaps the school considered it a gang color? Which doesn't make it any less retarded.

Is there actually a gang that uses pink? I find that unlikely.

Quote:
Actually, another thing that Cracked has taught me to witness: The title of this article is "Mississippi player kicked off team after wearing pink cleats" . In other words, a player of some kind of game, in Mississippi, got kicked off of a team of some kind (perhaps or perhaps not a team of the same game that the word "player" refers to), and at some point in his life before then, he wore pink cleats (most likely, but not necessarily, either at the team, or with the organization (in this case, a school) that hosts the team, or while out in public and spotted by a member of either.

The difference between "Asperger's syndrome in black people" and "breast cancer", is that the specific breast cancer is one of the highest causes of death among women. Furthermore, breast cancer isn't the same disease as skin cancer for instance, and while the latter is still serious it is also orders of magnitude easier to treat.

Oh, and while people may be aware of breast cancer, there's still a lot people aren't aware of. For one thing, did you know that men can get it too?

Edited by Mega X.exe on April 2, 2011 at 14:26:55

Well said. Couldnt have said it any better than you.

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"
.... .hack//kyat....we miss you dearly

Pages: 1

New topic Reply