Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6316 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Let's assume something.

You have to stay at home for 72 hours. Why? It doesn't matter. You suddenly end up with a lot of free time, though. If you decided to play a game, a single one, for that period of time, which would you pick? Let's assume that you get all of the required hardware to play the game itself (computer, console, arcade machine, whatever).

My pick? Final Fantasy VII. I've been somewhat wanting to replay that one from start to finish and see how it holds up today compared to my memories. Besides, with 72 hours, I could play it more thoroughly and try to get the extended content that I never got in my original play run: the golden chocobo, defeating the Ruby and Emerald weapons, getting the final limit breaks such as Knights of the Round Table, and so on. I think it could be very fun.

72 hours. One game. Which do you pick?

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Arkane
Archangel
Inactive
1166 posts

I think I'd give Final Fantasy IX a whirl again. I feel like that game was short lived, and there's a lot more I feel I could get out of from that game.

I still haven't gotten all of my characters to max levels and obtained every item in my end-game file.

And I can't forget Ozma, the one optional Final Fantasy boss I haven't beaten yet.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Become Dr. Cossack's waifu
Acquired on 20 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Something along the lines of TF2, Monday Night Combat, or Monster Hunter Tri.

Three days is a long time for ANY completely unstarted game, so online multiplayer is always the smartest choice for me.

If it HAD to be a singleplayer game, then I'd say Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, or, again, Monster Hunter Tri.

Epic Mickey never gets old for me, and I have YET to see everything after four playthroughs.

DKCR I actually have yet to start....been busy with other things.

Monster Hunter Tri's singleplayer is essentially buffing you up for multiplayer. So it's multiplayer without the....players.

MegamanZero66
PS3 Trophy betch.
683 posts

I'd play White Knight Chronicles, or Fallout (New Vegas probably). 110+ Hours on New Vegas and I'm still not done finding everything! xD

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit
Inactive
1788 posts

I know it's suppose to be just one game, but I can't think of any favorites or anything I would be interested in that would require 72 hours. A gaming marathon would be better for me. I would start with Shadow of the Colossus and ICO first. Then I would play Sam & Max Hit the Road and TT's Season 2. If I still have a few more hours, I would play Firefighter F.D. 18.

Edited by Breakman on January 9, 2011 at 13:01:02.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Fallout 3 with all the DLC is something I already have like 120+ hours on. If not that, i'd probably pull out GTA IV or Red Dead, potentially NBA 2K11 just because I seem to amuse myself with that endlessly too.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

The main Pokémon series games are easy enough to end up spending that much time on.

Other than that, MMOs sure would also garner much attention as they can easily keep you going for long as well. Used to play some WoW and I am interested in Guild Wars 2 once it comes out, but right now the only one I got though is League of Legends, so uh, yeah. ^^;

Got Red Dead Redemption, but haven't started it yet, so perhaps that's a choice.

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Blazen
Vv
Inactive

Fallout New Vegas would be a safe choice considering I've hardly started it, but if its anything like Fallout 3, then there's plenty to see.

BlazBlue would be another solid choice especially if I had online. Its hard for me to get tired of that game to spend that much time just practicing my execution and all...well maybe I'd stop losing like 70% of the time online.

Last choice would be Call of Duty: Black Ops because the online is pretty life sucky even though I'm starting to get bored with CoD in general.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

I could spend that amount of time on Dragon Age: Origins alone, never mind Awakening, Golems of Amgarrack, and Witchhunt.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Daveris
Forum Poster
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Sniper
Sniper
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Medic
Medic
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Arg.

If I had a friend... I might be able to handle

72 hours of Starfox Assault. Otherwise........

OH I GOT IT!!! THE GAME OF LIFE!!!

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6316 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by the dave
72 hours of Starfox Assault.

It's true that the multiplayer mode of that game can keep you busy for a long time. :) I've played several rounds of it, and I think I still have an item or two to unlock. I could do with a follow-up to that, either online or not.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)