Tri-Edge
Bobo

Stream: Your FACE!!!

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on January 31, 2011 at 7:45:05 [Post link]

Minecraft is a game you must buy online from some European that goes by the name of Notch. Its all blocky, seriously its like playing with inflated pixels! I thought it was pretty fun especially with the Megaman Legends mod. You harvest minerals and other things to build a shelter, make weapons, armor, complex designs like draw bridges and stuff. It goes from day to night and night to day over passage of time. At night monsters come out or if you have Megaman Legends mod on REAVERBOTS come out :D. I wonder if someones made a scale model of the Flutter?

I know one thing, someone made Titanic O.O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrJJdf0OhFw

And kiddies if you want to see a trailer for this, THIS fan trailer is not only EPIC but it shows a lot of the awesomeness that the game has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5fS4RF3ht0

Dr. Cossack try this game out!

Other info about it. It can also go ONLINE. Its in beta right now and the server hosting program is really buggy. You can host your own servers and play multiplayer with other people as long as you have IP that doesnt change and directly connected to the internet without the use of a router.
It is warned that it is EXTREMELY buggy. I tried to host my own server but unfortunately I cant, I just dont know how.

Edited by Tri-Edge on January 31, 2011 at 7:52:06

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"
.... .hack//kyat....we miss you dearly

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on February 3, 2011 at 3:57:32 [Post link]

Why oh why do I always get singled out in these posts... ;)

I've heard bit of this and that about Minecraft, including "look at that huge USS Enterprise D!", but no complete description until your post. It looks... curious, to say the least. I wasn't aware that you had to fight monsters during the night, for one. I can imagine that to be fun. I do miss the time when I was designing 3D levels for a racing game, it was great to build a level then drive in it!

This is running from inside a browser, right? I've seen a few people playing it at work during their lunch break, and it looked like you didn't even need to download a client. This is good news since it basically means that you can play it everywhere.

Extract from Wikipedia: "The game world is procedurally generated as the player explores it, with the largest possible world size to date reaching the equivalent of nearly eight times the surface area of the Earth before running into technical limitations." From my point of view as both a programmer and someone who knows a bit about game design: this is nuts!! o_o Of course it's not all loaded in memory at once, but the sheer SIZE of it all is stunning. They've got some talented people in that team, no doubt about it.

P.S.: Nice to see that PSone-era graphics are still used in 2011. :P

Edited by Dr. Cossack on February 4, 2011 at 16:15:26

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Sakura
Aqua-cadet

Stream: Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Posted on February 4, 2011 at 20:16:26 [Post link]

Whenever I am at my friend's dorm I play his pirated version but I have yet to get it on my computer.
The game is very fun, even though at first glance I thought it was stupid, haha.
I will probably wait until the finished game comes out before I purchase it because 1.) I want to save the memory on a USB drive 2.) I don't want to pay for the Beta version and then the updates 3.) I have a mac, I don't even know if it's compatible.

I do like lurking around the Nether and I think creepers are cute. (:

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on February 4, 2011 at 23:48:23 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakura
Whenever I am at my friend's dorm I play his pirated version but I have yet to get it on my computer.
The game is very fun, even though at first glance I thought it was stupid, haha.
I will probably wait until the finished game comes out before I purchase it because 1.) I want to save the memory on a USB drive 2.) I don't want to pay for the Beta version and then the updates 3.) I have a mac, I don't even know if it's compatible.

I do like lurking around the Nether and I think creepers are cute. (:

There is a Mac version.

You don't pay for the updates afaik, once you buy the game, it's yours, I noticed mine updates as Notch updates, his choice of wording is sketchy.

On the other hand; I do play the game, and am an avid play.

http://zonexus.net/minecraft For those wanting to see what the game is capable of.

Edit::

Quote:
directly connected to the internet without the use of a router.

Many VPS and or dedicated minecraft servers run through a series of switches before hitting the actual net. :P A switch isn't much different than a router other than more ports and some more management options. Otherwise, they're just dummy switches.

Edited by Dr. Light on February 4, 2011 at 17:59:00

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on February 8, 2011 at 6:05:33 [Post link]

Doc, the online browser one is free but not the full game. The full game you BUY from Notch and download. Then you get monsters to play with as well as the adventure part of it all. The downloadable one costs around 13 USD you can mod that one.

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 2, 2011 at 22:39:53 [Post link]

On Minecraft I have successfully made myself look like Megaman Trigger. :P Doc you gonna try this game soon?

MegamanZero66
PS3 Trophy betch.

Stream: Ezio! <3
Posted on March 4, 2011 at 23:39:47 [Post link]

I have Minecraft, I play on a Private server though =p

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on March 7, 2011 at 3:32:30 [Post link]

So I tried out the game this evening. Behold my awesome bridge!

I tried out the classic (browser-based) version, and I see the building blocks of a fun game design in there. It's pretty dry, though, with little to do outside of building and destroying stuff. I can imagine how the fuller release would be more catchy than this. You can spend a lot of time on this. :)

Edited by Dr. Cossack on March 6, 2011 at 22:32:50

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on March 7, 2011 at 19:50:36 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
So I tried out the game this evening. Behold my awesome bridge!

Don't forget to use three cobblestone to create stone tiles that are only one-half high to use for your bridge so you can walk across without jumping.

That and ladders has helped me lots in going up and down my tower that spans from the lowest to the highest point possible.

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on March 7, 2011 at 20:24:49 [Post link]

Oh? I don't think that the version I've played included ladders.

With that said, it turns out last night that I kept the game running in the background, and I saw it again only before going to sleep. I decided to fool around for a few minutes, and what was a "neat" playground went to "awesome" when I realized that water flows. Soon enough, I dug a large canal linking a bay to a valley; as soon as I broke the barrier, I saw the water running down to fill said valley, as well as turning the grass blocks back to dirt. Instant grin on my face. :D

Sakura
Aqua-cadet

Stream: Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Posted on March 11, 2011 at 16:14:57 [Post link]

For some reason, my friend has gotten three BSoD's while playing Minecraft so far. And he has fallen in lava a few times in the game.
I have witnessed so many ragequits.

Morphman
Niz-Da

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 16, 2011 at 17:05:27 [Post link]

Quote:
Oh? I don't think that the version I've played included ladders.

With that said, it turns out last night that I kept the game running in the background, and I saw it again only before going to sleep. I decided to fool around for a few minutes, and what was a "neat" playground went to "awesome" when I realized that water flows. Soon enough, I dug a large canal linking a bay to a valley; as soon as I broke the barrier, I saw the water running down to fill said valley, as well as turning the grass blocks back to dirt. Instant grin on my face. :D

And that is why Minecraft is one of those awesome little games. If they can make many an experienced adult gamer have reactions to the game like a child does to magic tricks, it is an instant thumbs-up for me. :)

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 23, 2011 at 13:30:39 [Post link]

:O I host a server now if peoples want to play. I liked yer bridge Doc. :D I should give you pics of my new castle!

zomg, you people really need to see this. Its a website dedicated to Minecraft itself. People post about their MEGA creations lol. O.O some are available for download even! Here is the website. http://crafthub.net/category/crazy/page/1/

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 8, 2011 at 3:39:18 [Post link]

Final version release date announced: November 11.

Thinking about this game, the prospect of having to fight monsters and being forced to mine (or grind) for materials repulses me a bit. I don't want to have Creepers destroying my creations; I don't want to dig for hours just to get enough minerals to build something; this is a game where I want to feel limitless.

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on April 8, 2011 at 16:58:01 [Post link]

Quote:
Final version release date announced: November 11.

Thinking about this game, the prospect of having to fight monsters and being forced to mine (or grind) for materials repulses me a bit. I don't want to have Creepers destroying my creations; I don't want to dig for hours just to get enough minerals to build something; this is a game where I want to feel limitless.

Single player has a difficulty mode. Easy, Normal, Hard, Peaceful.

Peaceful there are no spiders, no zombies, no creepers. You just play as you want, the difficulty mode is for those who enjoy being scared, or challenged.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 10, 2011 at 4:22:51 [Post link]

Yea and in server mode you can just turn monsters off.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 11, 2011 at 13:38:32 [Post link]

Good to know if there's a way to turn off monsters. I don't mind them, but this is the type of games where I want to feel in control instead of having to constantly fight the environment.

Here's a 13 minutes movie I found on IGN this weekend, it describes some components of Minecraft that I didn't know about and shows some random gameplay.

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 14, 2011 at 5:21:49 [Post link]

Notch says hes working on weather for the next update! You can tame wolves now!

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 18, 2011 at 5:09:48 [Post link]

As most of you know Minecraft has updated a few times recently. We now have tamable wolves, we have weather (rain and snow fall and ice regenerates after a while) Hes fixed the skip ladder trick so it doesnt work anymore but he also made it so that you make 2 ladders now instead of 1. The games shaping up pretty nicely. :D I joined a new server but its whitelist only so you must send a request to join. http://www.minecraft.turbowaffle.com/ There is a reason tho. It is a VERY anti-grief server. Max amount of people allowed on a day is 30. This is to cut down the amount of work they'd have to do to keep the griefing from happening.

You can lock your chests and doors tho to prevent theft so you are pretty much guaranteed safty! No need to worry about anything. The community is nice and the admins are almost always there and they're helpful and fun too!

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on May 18, 2011 at 5:51:47 [Post link]

Yes, tamable wolves. Tamable wolves that like to play in the water.

Tamable wolves who can't tell water from lava.

*facepalms*

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on May 22, 2011 at 17:04:50 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by RisingDragon

*facepalms*

Notch probably did that on purpose. :D

:D

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 22, 2011 at 18:14:35 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by the dave
Quote:
Originally posted by RisingDragon

*facepalms*

Notch probably did that on purpose. :D

:D

Doubtful. It's likely because Water blocks and Lava blocks both have the Liquid designation, so wolves can't tell the difference between the two.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
ImageImage

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 24, 2011 at 8:46:19 [Post link]

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on May 27, 2011 at 19:15:39 [Post link]

I've long been thinking that the Sony-Ericsson ( the "Playstation Phone" ) would merely follow the proud lineage of silly misadapted cellphone games, but it looks like some of the games will be interesting. Among them: Minecraft!

I like the idea of being able to play on the same map on your computer and on your cellphone, it allows you to make a bit of progress whenever you want. I think that the game's a good match for the platform.

Edited by Dr. Cossack on May 27, 2011 at 15:15:47

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on May 28, 2011 at 2:38:21 [Post link]

Tri-Edge: So basically, most of the fixes are to stop/slow
griefing/glitch exploiting

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 10, 2011 at 5:39:02 [Post link]

Pretty much and everybody here I wanna let you know I've been doing a Minecraft project. It covers 142x164 block area. Its a TOWN. Anyone who wants to help with this great project please let me know! I'll give you all the tools you need and simple instructions. I cant tell anybody out in the open what this project is OF because I dont want anyone stealing my idea and doing it first. So you'll have to settle for coming to see. Please keep it secret tho.

Morphman
Niz-Da

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 13, 2011 at 23:14:04 [Post link]

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

Badges: Princess Celestia Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 18 more

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 27 [What's this?]
Posted on June 14, 2011 at 0:51:10 [Post link]

I wouldn't like to build anything, but I do love the huge custom-generated maps. If anyone knows any cool ones I can explore, I'd appreciate it.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 14, 2011 at 8:36:19 [Post link]

The 1.7 update is supposed to include the Adventure mode. From what it sounds like, we won't be able to build in it, but it looks like something to explore and fight through.

ImageImage

MegamanZero66
PS3 Trophy betch.

Stream: Ezio! <3
Posted on June 14, 2011 at 19:02:09 [Post link]

This post is more of the things you can do if you have a lot of time and a server that doesn't have griefers. These are what I've made so far~

Pages: 1 2