Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: 3DS topic, Nintendo stock drops 50 points in response to 2DS announcement

Pages: 1 2 3

Daveris
Forum Poster

Badges: Princess Celestia Spy Sniper Medic Lilly Satou ... and 18 more
Stream: Mirror Spock is best Spock.

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on March 18, 2011 at 17:03:36 [Post link]

Noticeable lack of good original games; too many remakes.

Edited by the dave on December 4, 2011 at 16:36:15

Edited by Daveris on July 16, 2012 at 0:22:00

Edited by Daveris on July 16, 2012 at 0:25:17

Edited by Daveris on September 21, 2012 at 1:14:35

Edited by Daveris on September 25, 2013 at 2:48:28

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on March 28, 2011 at 22:35:40 [Post link]

This is now an AR images thread

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on March 29, 2011 at 2:53:29 [Post link]

I got mine on launch day, pre-ordered too (no hunting around for two months, not this time!). I ended up purchasing Lego Star Wars III and nothing else for the time being, since the games I want the most are only a few weeks or months away. I'm a bit surprised that the eShop isn't running yet, as I expected it at launch, but I suppose it'll come along soon enough.

I'm still working on always keeping my head within the handheld's "sweet spot" for the 3D, but I'm getting there. It turns out that I tend to hold my DS ever so slightly at an angle! One thing's clear, though: the output is 3D, and it does work. It's not as stunning as a large movie display, but I like the added depth it offers: it doesn't fully jump into your face, which makes it look more realistic instead of distracting.

Fun thing: I took a 3D picture on the 3DS, removed the SD card, crammed it into my PC, opened the picture file... 'lo and behold, my 3D-enabled PC display rendered the photo properly! I'm surprised to see that the file format is standard enough to work across devices! :D

I haven't played much of the game itself yet, so I'll hold my comments for now. I'll only say this: load times on a cartridge game? Seriously?

I'll try the AR and head shooting... game... thing in a day or two.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on March 29, 2011 at 3:51:05 [Post link]

Anyone have problems with it at all? Mine froze up yesterday while playing the grafitti AR game, but past that it's been fine.

That was still enough of a sign to freak me out into thinking I got one of those "Black screen of death" systems.

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Level: 69 [What's this?]
Posted on March 29, 2011 at 8:47:57 [Post link]

I probably won't be getting this system until more games get released for it.

I look forward to the new Super Mario game that was announced, the new Paper Mario game, both Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D and Revelations, and of course, Mega Man Legends 3.

Certainly, the system has a very promising library of games that merit a console purchase.

It's only a matter of time for me. :)

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on March 29, 2011 at 13:02:34 [Post link]

One thing I dislike: the annoying, fake camera sound that is heard whenever you take a picture. No matter if you mute the system or plug in headphones, the clicking always happens. Nintendo, I'm not trying to capture 3D panty shots with my handheld, I want to take photos of the urban scenery where perspective effects will show what that screen can do. Please allow me to do so without bothering the people around me.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 29, 2011 at 14:05:43 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
capture 3D panty shots with my handheld,

...and the sales of the 3DS increased, drastically.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on March 29, 2011 at 17:41:22 [Post link]

What, Teej isn't telling you guys how his 3DS emotionally abused him?

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

MegamanZero66
PS3 Trophy betch.

Stream: Ezio! <3
Posted on March 29, 2011 at 21:01:51 [Post link]

Ehhhhh I'm not going to get one... I'll stick with my DS, until the 3DS is down to 100$. XD

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 31, 2011 at 1:19:32 [Post link]

The head shooting game is...interesting.

I scanned in a picture of Spock, and the results were interesting.

With the AR cards, Samus ended up battling my cat.

Great system, and the fishing is very relaxing.

On another note, that clicking noise IS annoying,although I did laugh at the "jokes" about it seen above.

ring man77
Ninja of the dust particle

Badges: Emi Ibarazaki Shizune Hakamichi Hanako Ikezawa Hisao Nakai Lilly Satou ... and 16 more
Stream: *Static*

NetNavi:
creative.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 31, 2011 at 2:18:06 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Arkane
I probably won't be getting this system until more games get released for it.

I look forward to the new Super Mario game that was announced, the new Paper Mario game, both Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D and Revelations, and of course, Mega Man Legends 3.

Certainly, the system has a very promising library of games that merit a console purchase.

It's only a matter of time for me. :)

Same here.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on March 31, 2011 at 2:45:19 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
One thing I dislike: the annoying, fake camera sound that is heard whenever you take a picture. No matter if you mute the system or plug in headphones, the clicking always happens. Nintendo, I'm not trying to capture 3D panty shots with my handheld, I want to take photos of the urban scenery where perspective effects will show what that screen can do. Please allow me to do so without bothering the people around me.

Well you might not be.

But another person--let's call them "Empty"--Empty might. You can be trusted. Empty can't.

Bad Empty.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on March 31, 2011 at 13:11:49 [Post link]

Obviously, but if I wanted to do that, I could just grab my regular digital camera: it's smaller, faster to use, and I can mute all noise including when taking pictures. Granted, the result wouldn't be in 3D, but I'd have a much better resolution in return! Should we really inflict the noise on everyone for a situation that is far from being a widespread society problem?

Tri-Edge
Bobo

Stream: Your FACE!!!

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on March 31, 2011 at 18:58:25 [Post link]

I like the idea of it, Im sure its a real hit, but im going to wait and see if they make a better 3DS. One thats bigger. I just want my screens to match in size. it just bothers me. I wait eagerly for next DS.

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"
.... .hack//kyat....we miss you dearly

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Stream: Ask me about GSCOM!
Posted on April 1, 2011 at 11:10:47 [Post link]

My friend's been playing SSFIV 3DS and it's making me all sorts of jealous. I want portable Street Fighter nooooooow.

Really though, I'm going to try to hold off till MML3 or Christmas, whichever comes first. It's no secret that the launch line-up's pretty slim, so I don't think I'll miss that much in the mean time.

As a side note, the DSi and 3DS can use WPA encrypted wi-fi connections, so that's another attractive reason to get it for me. Everything's WPA encrypted and I have a DS lite. T_T

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 1, 2011 at 15:03:45 [Post link]

True, and you have to make sure that the games can support that type of connection also. Like with Heart Gold/Soul Silver & now Pokemon Black/White. The DSi and 3DS systems themselves can handle it but as I saw Heart Gold/Soul Silver in the pokemon series along with any older ones CANNOT access WPA while Pokemon Black and White can.

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 1, 2011 at 23:35:12 [Post link]

I'm holding off until the price drops. I'll buy the games I want when they come out (Professor Layton, Megaman Legends 3, etc) so it'll look good on their sales record.

Meanwhile, I think I'll buy a new PS3 with that $300. I don't feel comfortable paying $300 for a handheld. (This is coming from a person who can't imagine paying more than $20 for a cellphone...)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on April 2, 2011 at 6:59:23 [Post link]

Yeah, I think I'll wait for a price drop. Anyway, the launch titles don't really interest me.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 2, 2011 at 17:42:43 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Tri-Edge
I like the idea of it, Im sure its a real hit, but im going to wait and see if they make a better 3DS. One thats bigger. I just want my screens to match in size. it just bothers me. I wait eagerly for next DS.

Would you prefer the 3ds lite, the 3dsi, or the 3dsi XL?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 2, 2011 at 19:21:59 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by AimMan v2.5
As a side note, the DSi and 3DS can use WPA encrypted wi-fi connections, so that's another attractive reason to get it for me. Everything's WPA encrypted and I have a DS lite. T_T

Good point. I changed my entire network setup last summer, and everything is now encrypted with WPA. I wanted to use my DS online a few times, but gave up once I realized that I'd need to create holes in my secure setup just for the sake of using the DS. Thankfully, with a firmware-upgradable 3DS, Nintendo should be able to add support for new security models if something new becomes popular.

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 3, 2011 at 0:54:59 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by the dave
Quote:

LOL if I had it MY way, it would be the 3DSi XL baby! zomg I'd worship that machine!

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 7, 2011 at 0:32:30 [Post link]

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by the dave
Quote:

LOL if I had it MY way, it would be the 3DSi XL baby! zomg I'd worship that machine!

><_>< Personally, I considered the dsi XL a failure.

It looks like some people think differently...

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on April 7, 2011 at 13:26:24 [Post link]

Apparently I have a lot to learn about the 3DS before I go out and buy one. I guess with Legends 3 on delay I'll have plenty of time to research. Right now I've also got my eye on Paper Mario 3D and (as always) Mario Kart. And I will probably try hard not to get Animal Crossing, but fail.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 15, 2011 at 15:25:26 [Post link]

Some time has passed, and I want to say this: bring on the fun games already! As soon as the Nintendo eShop opens, which can't be too soon, we'll get access to the entire library of DSi downloadable titles. That alone will be enough to keep me busy for a while.

I'm having a lot of silly fun with Mii StreetPass. It's great to see the green notification light being lit, I then go to the Mii application and the game goes "you've met X, it's your third time; here's Y, this is your first meeting", and so on. It's nice to see a local wireless program for the 3DS that is actually usable, compared to the DS's must-be-stuck-in-this-game-and-mode way of doing things.

Face Raiders is hilarious! The game does a pretty good job at capturing faces and creating expressions with them, and the game itself is fun too. I've added a few family members and friends in it's database, and it's funny to see them come up randomly in a round winking, laughing and frowning! I'm hoping that Nintendo will eventually release other games such as these. They're simple, are a nice way to showcase the system, and they're fun.

It's a shame that the battery doesn't last longer. I have to make sure that I recharge my 3DS once every 2-3 days of casual use, else I end up with a dead system. I'll probably start shutting down the wireless communication whenever I'm not in a public area in order to make it last longer.

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 22, 2011 at 22:09:18 [Post link]

When the 3DS shop opens Megaman Legends 3 prototype version will be available for download.

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 22, 2011 at 23:29:01 [Post link]

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/miyamoto-%E2%80%9Cwe%E2%80%99ll-focus-more-on-gaming%E2%80%9D

Remakes will be the thing on the 3DS.

Capcom, get your thinking caps ready!

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 23, 2011 at 0:15:17 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Arkane
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/miyamoto-%E2%80%9Cwe%E2%80%99ll-focus-more-on-gaming%E2%80%9D

Remakes will be the thing on the 3DS.

Capcom, get your thinking caps ready!

...I kinda hope Capcom releases a MMBN6 remake in 3d...

with better music, graphics,enhanced battle style,and maybe both beasts in 1 game...
"Edit"

Although everyone knows that's never going to happen.

I'd beee fine with a nice F-Zero game, preferably not a remake (I spent over...a long time on GX, unlocked every course and character without an AX machine
(might be abit off-topic)

Edited by the dave on April 24, 2011 at 3:57:35

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on April 23, 2011 at 1:04:31 [Post link]

What got me, was that Xevious never really struck me as a very good game. On the other hand, Link to the Past is among my most well-loved games on both systems it appeared on.

So... be careful, guys.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on June 2, 2011 at 17:55:59 [Post link]

Daveris
Forum Poster

NetNavi:
WeatherMan.EXE
Z-license
Posted on June 19, 2011 at 22:29:16 [Post link]

Just got back from vacation. NetFront is fine, MUCH FASTER than dsi, but... Nintendo did a good job.

Pages: 1 2 3

New topic Reply