User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Now on Tumblr!

Pages: 1

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on September 12, 2011 at 17:58:54 [Post link]

I've decided to join Tumblr by opening my own little place. I'll be using this to post about things I find interesting, share some Mega Man thoughts, as well as post about whatever I'm doing in Minecraft. That way, I won't end up spamming the other topic everytime I find a little something in the game. :) Tumblr's format that allows posting several types of content quickly is something I like a lot, and I'm curious to see how other people are using it as well.

How about yourself? Are there any Tumblr users here?

Edited by Dr. Cossack on September 12, 2011 at 13:35:32

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on September 13, 2011 at 15:53:10 [Post link]

Every once in a blue moon, my Mega Catz will get an update.

My girlfriend also has a randomness tumblr that you can check out here. She reblogs Mega Man or other robot/dinosaur/anime/comics/video game stuff for me sometimes.

My sister has one too, but I don't think she will ever update it again. After just half a year, I've seen a lot of tumblr accounts I was following quickly come and go. Guess a lot of people would rather delete their account than let it go idle (I personally have no problem not touching something for months before coming back to it, but you guys probably knew that about me already).

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on September 15, 2011 at 13:24:25 [Post link]

I've recently joined Tumblr, but I still have so many things to figure out. D:

This is why I rarely join new social media!

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on October 3, 2011 at 5:51:54 [Post link]

I don't have a tumblr because I use my DA for the only purpose I'd use a tumblr for, posting art.

But I wanted to say Doc that I completely agree with you about Firefox becoming dumbed down. It's so aggravating, hell I started getting annoyed by version 4.

I LIKE old, clunky browsers. I LIKE knowing what the browser is doing or not doing. None of this "minimal" shit. It's awful.

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on December 24, 2011 at 5:45:32 [Post link]

Whats tumblr?

I'm not kidding.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on December 27, 2011 at 20:54:48 [Post link]

A reasonable question. :)

Tumblr is a social network that I like to nickname the "smart Twitter". It's built to allow people to quickly post different types of content, which can be text entries, images, music, quotes, and so on. It's 100% usable as a blog system with long entries, while it's perfectly acceptable to make quick posts. Some people stick to posting images only, while others pretty much only write text entries. On my end, I use the different types as needed.

The fun part is that you tag every post you make, which allows others to find your entries based on the tags you add. For example, on my own account, I'm posting updates on the Creeper's Lab. Since they're tagged, anyone looking for Minecraft content will see those in their list. The same goes for the joke posts I post, as well as my blog-like entries.

As a result, you can quickly discover new content and people instead of sticking to your own network, as it would happen on Facebook and look-alikes.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

itsthesherf
Quiesce perferque.

Stream: "Amor vincit, semper."
Posted on December 30, 2011 at 10:18:04 [Post link]

I followed ya! :D

[Lady] itsthesherf - _______
www.twitch.tv/itsthesherf | www.youtube.com/itsthesherf

Pages: 1

New topic Reply