Here is a new IOBoard update full of improvements and new features! I attempted to modernize some sections of the software while providing some features you might have come to expect.
New in this version:
- Improved password and login security
- "Lost password" feature
- More network settings. Add your profile information for Facebook, Tumblr, Minecraft and more!
- The search engine now links directly to a post result instead of the topic's first page
- Search results can now be sorted by score, latest first, or oldest first
- The list of unread topics should no longer show your own posts if using multiple computers
- A member's online status is now displayed along his posts and on his profile
- Inactive and banned members will no longer be listed among the list of birthdays
- Description header for some forums, linking them to their matching website
- Replaced lists with checkboxes when appropriate
- Fixed post previews with quotes and spoilers
- Quick reply at the bottom of topics
- Preview the first post of a topic when putting the mouse cursor over it's name in a forum listing
- Fix: Foreign languages such as Japanese can now be included properly in posts
- Some performance improvements
One new element that you've probably seen already is the password update screen. A new password system has been introduced with better encryption. It also allowed me to add a "lost password" feature: if you can't remember your password, use this and you'll receive an e-mail with a reset code! If you haven't seen this page yet, please follow through
to update your profile information! Also, I'd appreciate it if you could add your IOekaki profile information to your account. To do so, either do it during the password update or follow this link
Another new element is a profile section for you to enter your network information
. You can now specify in your profile your Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter accounts among others. I especially urge Minecraft and Steam players to enter their usernames there, so we can play with you!
Another update is already under preparations. While this one improved the board overall, the next update will be all about visual changes. A new skin will be introduced to refresh the look of our community! Stay tuned! Edited by Dr. Cossack on October 23, 2011 at 1:03:09