Tri-Edge
Bobo

Stream: Your FACE!!!

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on April 12, 2012 at 16:22:58 [Post link]

So Capcom, Namco Bandai, and Sega got together and had a baby and its name was Project X Zone. As a result this 2D game for the 3DS has some of our fave characters. 1. Megaman X and Zero and 2. Kite and Blackrose. 3. Ryu and Ken. I cant lose because I love both dothack and Megaman!

Edited by Tri-Edge on May 3, 2013 at 11:38:35

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"
.... .hack//kyat....we miss you dearly

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 12, 2012 at 18:29:28 [Post link]

The first couple words of that post sound like the beginning of a good joke. Let me finish it for you!

---

So Capcom, Namco Bandai, and Sega got in a meeting room to plan a future game together.

The Sega guy claimed that they'd definitely have Sonic available as a playable character. He'd now have the ability to burrow underground like a mole, and meet up with his new friend Lazy the Sloth.

The Namco Bandai person then started talking how they could add their library of classic characters. Pac-Man, Mr. Driller and even the Dig-Dug guy could be featured!

The Capcom representative wasn't paying attention, though. The two others turned to him, noticing that he was texting on his phone. They asked him to try and follow the discussion, to which the Capcom person replied: "Of course I'm with you, I'm texting the dev team to plan the future DLC packs!!"

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on April 12, 2012 at 19:48:14 [Post link]

Zengar from SRW is in the game.

It'd be a day one buy, but lol region lock.

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 18, 2012 at 18:47:11 [Post link]

Well if anything else heres the main website! http://pxz.channel.or.jp/entry/capcom05_02.html

In memory of .hack//Chat I say one last time: "Let's meet again sometime, in that place we love to go. The Root town of Mac Anu!"

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on January 21, 2013 at 19:14:28 [Post link]

Here it comes!!

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on January 21, 2013 at 22:45:11 [Post link]

Never thought it'd happen...Bamco isn't known for taking these kind of risks when it comes to localization.

Maybe there's hope for SRW OGs2.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on February 5, 2013 at 3:24:24 [Post link]

oh please oh please don't have stupid english voices :( :(

Or at least be able to mute them.

It was pretty funny, friend of mine showed this to me. I was like "eh, whatever" then watched a vid on Youtube. Strat RPG with Ryu, Ken, X, Zero, Chun-Li, Morrigan, and a ton of other cool characters? GET OUT, YOU LIE!

But it wasn't a lie

Tri-Edge
Bobo

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on May 3, 2013 at 10:39:47 [Post link]

I've been thinking about it for quite a while, I MIGHT get it, then again I dunno. Kite, Blackrose, Mega Man, and Zero pull me to it.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on July 10, 2013 at 16:54:08 [Post link]

Did anyone decide to jump in?

I tried the first demo and it was enough to convince me to grab the game even though I've never heard of half the characters. I'm having a lot of fun so far, and I'm surprised at how catchy the music is. It's a bit simple as far as strategy games go, but it's got good pacing, fun inside jokes when you're familiar with the characters, and it's not as repetitive as I was afraid it'd be.

If you're unsure but curious, there are now two different demoes available on the 3DS eShop, so you can play through a mission and see how it goes!

Hollow, you'll be happy to know that they kept all the Japanese voices. No dub was done. :)

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on July 10, 2013 at 17:06:17 [Post link]

I've two friends who've played and enjoyed it. Though irritatingly, acquisition of Mega Man X and Zero are late-game events.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on August 26, 2013 at 7:28:21 [Post link]

Quote:
I'm surprised at how catchy the music is.

Well, most of it is old Capcom game music so, naturally it's pretty good.

I dunno what stage I'm on but, seeing Jedah and some other Darkstalkers makes me giddy as hell. The T&A is ridiculous but at least they make a mockery of it with Frank.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 13, 2015 at 11:21:51 [Post link]

SEQUEL!!

I didn't see that one coming at all. Here's hoping for a localization: I had a lot of fun with the first one, and I'm definitely up for another round of battles. X & Zero are already confirmed to be returning, too!

Edited by Dr. Cossack on April 13, 2015 at 7:22:31

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on February 18, 2016 at 4:33:35 [Post link]

And the sequel is out! I'm looking forward to sink my teeth into it!

Through a twist of fate, I happened to get two sets of codes for pre-order bonuses: one 3DS menu theme, which doesn't require the game, and one for in-game items. Send me a PM if you're interested in them, and I'll forward the codes to you!

Update: And they're gone!

Edited by Dr. Cossack on February 19, 2016 at 21:49:13

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on March 4, 2016 at 4:50:53 [Post link]

Hey Doc, assuming from your post you have the game - how do you find it? Is it necessary to have completed the first? Any big changes, or is it more of the same?

I thought the first was a fun game but I never finished it. I liked it enough that the sequel could be worth checking out for me, and I'm excited to have Kiryu and Majima playable.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on March 4, 2016 at 14:59:57 [Post link]

Hi Necro, been a while!

I have the game, yes, and started my playthrough earlier this week. I can understand casually dropping the first one at some point since it's so long, although I didn't really mind myself. Finishing it before jumping in the sequel isn't necessary, though, at least for what I've seen so far. Some characters meet up again and will say something like "Hey, it's you! Nice to you see again after the last incident!", but that's pretty much as far as it seems to go plot-wise.

I mostly expected a cash-in sequel, since developing all these assets for the first one must have been costly, but I've been pleasently surprised. Many characters return, although several pairings are shuffled around. New attacks have been added into the mix so the animations don't go too stale. Several music tracks are back, but every single piece appears to have been remixed anew (!!). An item shop is now available, adding an extra layer of strategy to your pre-round planning.

It's very similar to the first one, obviously, yet they change things around enough to make it worth it, in my opinion. If you have any doubts, they released a demo on the 3DS eShop, so you can judge by yourself! :)

Pages: 1

New topic Reply