Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Theft at the International Strategic Reserve of maple syrup, Seriously, this isn't from the Onion.

Pages: 1

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on August 31, 2012 at 22:22:41 [Post link]

As the topic title states, some people have stolen part of the International Strategic Reserve of maple syrup in Quebec.

I heard about the news this morning, and was outraged at the act (I take my maple syrup very seriously). However, it didn't hit me until now how hilarious this whole thing can sound to outsiders, like some sort of bad Canadian parody, and now I can't help but laugh about it! The comments on Slashdot are pure gold, too.

Hopefully, they'll catch the criminals soon. Return our syrup!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on September 13, 2012 at 8:59:01 [Post link]

So, no breaks in the case yet?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on September 13, 2012 at 11:14:39 [Post link]

Nothing past the original news, unfortunately. Unless they find something quickly, I have the feeling that this is all we'll know about!

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on September 13, 2012 at 17:11:57 [Post link]

I saw this news pop up here rather simultaneously with it popping up on a tabletop gaming forum I go to, and there the first reaction was "boy, the gaming campaigns you could make out of this..."

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on October 3, 2012 at 14:12:09 [Post link]

They found it!! (better article in French)

It turns out those darn New Brunswickers are so jealous of us that they siphoned the precious liquid and tried to resell it to various distributors over there. I'll keep an eye on these guys from now on!

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on September 26, 2013 at 11:38:56 [Post link]

Now this is just golden. The story is apparently interesting enough for Hollywood to plan a comedy movie based on the events!

On a side note, the police arrested the last suspect on this case last week. Crisis over!

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on September 26, 2013 at 15:01:54 [Post link]

Quote from post #232552:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Now this is just golden. The story is apparently interesting enough for Hollywood to plan a comedy movie based on the events!

On a side note, the police arrested the last suspect on this case last week. Crisis over!

Now that's just crazy. XD

Good that they got the last suspect just now though. Took 'em long enough! :P

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

WindRider739
Cyberspace Ghost Hunter

Stream: AAAAAAAAAHAHA it let me add me as a friend!

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Level: 12 [What's this?]
Posted on September 27, 2013 at 0:03:18 [Post link]

How the hell is Maple Syrup a strategic resource?

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on October 8, 2013 at 14:24:24 [Post link]

Well, when your country can receive a lot of money from selling said maple syrup..it becomes a strategic resource.

Seriously, pure maple syrup is ridiculously expensive.

WindRider739
Cyberspace Ghost Hunter

Stream: AAAAAAAAAHAHA it let me add me as a friend!

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Level: 12 [What's this?]
Posted on October 8, 2013 at 15:53:13 [Post link]

I refuse to believe that pancake lube is in any way strategic.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on October 8, 2013 at 16:32:25 [Post link]

Of course, if you consider it as mere "pancake lube", you might as well purchase any crappy syrup knock-off and go with that.

The nectar of the Gods is above you.

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on October 9, 2013 at 1:21:49 [Post link]

Canada is Kessel and maple syrup is glitterstim.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply