Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Window to the past: Geocities screenshots!

Pages: 1

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on May 30, 2013 at 21:58:02 [Post link]

I had some reactions when I posted about Geocities shutting down, I figured this might amuse some people!

This Tumblr account is automatically posting several times a day the screenshot of a Geocities homepage, as it used to exist. Personal pages, fan sites, even a few early corporate display, it has it all. It's glorious! To anyone reading this who has no idea what Geocities was: you're looking at the web as it existed in the late 1990's, early 2000's!

I'm not gonna lie: I somewhat miss that period. Things are so much better in several ways now, but we've lost a certain Internet friendliness along the way. Many of those screenshots make me smile. :)

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

Badges: Princess Celestia Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 18 more

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 27 [What's this?]
Posted on May 30, 2013 at 22:19:22 [Post link]

When my sister was in high school, she used to have a Severus Snape fan site on Geocities, with the intent of appreciating his character and all of his flaws in contrast to all the shipping other fangirls of him did. It was still fangirlish, but in a different way, so I thought it was neat at the time.

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here

Posted on June 2, 2013 at 16:50:12 [Post link]

Holy crap, 800x600 screenshots of Netscape. That's even more precious than Geocities itself.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet

Stream: Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Posted on June 3, 2013 at 12:47:02 [Post link]

Oh man. Geocities and Neopets were basically my internet childhood. My Biology teacher at the University I attend sends us to websites that closely resemble Geocities websites to read for our homework. Everytime I'd open a link sent by her I would just laugh to myself and among my friends on how it looked like some old websites we used to do homework in grade school. Like my favorite was definitely some Hamtaro website hosted on Geocities. If anyone is interested, Geocities Japan still exists!

Pages: 1

New topic Reply