Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

Topic: Swearing, and stuff, Stuff stuff, does anyone even read this part?

Pages: 1

kevinhec
Banned

Posted on October 23, 2017 at 23:09:54 [Post link]

I've been having problems on the server. Not any kind of technical problems, but with the people. I tend to swear a lot, which I get, but I never EVER insult people, at least with serious intentions. Maybe once or twice in a joking matter. But I constantly get pestered by the mods telling me 'This is a family friendly server, no swearing.' despite me not having any sort of rash intentions. Anyone else? lemme know :3

Dragon Man
Minecraft helper
Serial Metroid Snuggler

Stream: I'm o_o'ing you.

NetNavi:
Raegal.ELF.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on October 23, 2017 at 23:22:32 [Post link]

Most folks have self-control. Staff included. You are not possessed by an evil spirit that forces you to swear. I'm assuming you're an adult, or are about to become one. We expect you to act like one.

Warning: Boggarts in mirror are closer than they appear!

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.

Badges: Squid beaker
Stream: I think?

NetNavi:
WanderingTrenchcoat.EXE
Z-license
Level: 8 [What's this?]
Posted on October 23, 2017 at 23:22:49 [Post link]

Rules are the rules, this is a family friendly server, and even if it's not directed at anyone, it's still not quite welcome. We all understand the occasional slip, we all do that, but you need to learn to curb your tendency at using swears. Our community consists of all ages, including single-digit ages. It's not our place to by-proxy teach children the language is alright in a community setting. Rash or not, especially the young are quick to learn and repeat. The best way to prevent that is to watch ourselves and how we speak. This includes, but not limited to common curses, variations, and "spelling changes". So the mods are right in their comments to tell you to cool it, heed the warnings, as if it continues, it's the staff's discretion to kick, ban, or otherwise remove you before hostility ensues.

Edited by Masterlink on October 23, 2017 at 17:24:59

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

MediaKlepto
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Master Bard

Badges: Zenny Squid beaker 150 credits 100 credits 100 credits ... and 1 more

NetNavi:
Sweet.EXE
Z-license
Level: 20 [What's this?]
Posted on October 23, 2017 at 23:24:55 [Post link]

I would like to make something abundantly clear, which apparently you're having a problem grasping even though you're apparently capable enough to quote it.

Creeper's Lab is a family friendly server.

Your "problem" apparently rises from the fact that you have been asked, repeatedly by the staff, to stop swearing. Your answer to this was to question if you could find a way to do it anyway. Simple:

No.

Coaxing others to bend or question the hard-stuck rules we've set is crossing a line, and quite frankly I'm done with watching you try to squeeze around the rules.

This is your final warning, from me as both a forum moderator and a Creeper's Lab op. Once more, and you will be permanently removed from the server and the forums both.

This thread is now locked.

kevinhec
Banned

Posted on October 23, 2017 at 23:26:07 [Post link]

Though you say you're understanding of an occasional slip, I was just threatened with being banned for doing so.

Shqip Shqip

Dragon Man
Minecraft helper
Serial Metroid Snuggler

Stream: I'm o_o'ing you.

NetNavi:
Raegal.ELF.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on October 23, 2017 at 23:42:38 [Post link]

Welp. As we've said, arguing with staff, trying to evade rules, and ignoring our warnings can only end one way. We may allow children onto our servers, but babysitters we are not.

We warned you -many- times (close to 10) and you ignored us. I really hope you learn to listen for your own sake.

Warning: Boggarts in mirror are closer than they appear!

Pages: 1