Topic: RusticRedwood Ban Appeal

Pages: 1

LazyGamer
Robot master

Posted on April 23, 2019 at 19:02:55 [Post link]

Banned for the following reason:

"RusticRedwood
c2fc2c5a-4bd5-46e8-b8eb-14e0720634ba 2018-12-09
NSFW content in Discord names and images, as well as hate speech in public profiles."

My main assumption is that it was specifically either my discord username or my profile image. I do believe that around that time I had changed it to an image of an unhappy clown on a roller coaster while smoking a cigarrete (as that was my recent discord name for quite a few months). If a mod could get back to me (I'm not familiar with a mod named "MineshaftBob" ), I'd apprecieate it.

I've been a member of the Creepers Lab community for a rather long time and I'd hate to be kept out for something that had happened on a break from Minecraft for me (Hence why I didn't see this until now).

Thank you for your time.

Edited by LazyGamer on April 27, 2019 at 7:30:59

Langsley
Contributor
Minecraft helper
Servbot

Badges: Zenny 100 credits 150 credits 100 credits

NetNavi:
Firestorm.EXE
Z-license
Level: 18 [What's this?]
Posted on April 24, 2019 at 1:52:38 [Post link]

Hi, MineshaftBob/Langsley/HimochiKouen here. You probably weren't around when I made the name change!

The reason for the ban, to be a little bit more specific, was a Discord profile picture clearly containing the F-word, which directly opposes the family-friendly nature of Creeper's Lab; as well as multiple instances of your Discord name having to be forcibly overwritten by staff for containing inappropriate language. This kind of behavior sets a poor example for other players, and doesn't convey the image we want for the server.

If you have any further questions regarding your ban, please feel free to ask!

LazyGamer
Robot master

Posted on April 25, 2019 at 4:22:27 [Post link]

Completely understandable. Since it was only the discord that got me, and I didn't get any warnings (that I'm aware of), could I be unbanned as long as I stay off the discord? That's honestly the only place my name changes regularly, and it's mostly in-jokes for two separate communities I'm in. Thank you for the response as well!

(Sorry for the late response!)

Edited by LazyGamer on April 25, 2019 at 4:30:55

Langsley
Contributor
Minecraft helper
Servbot

NetNavi:
Firestorm.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 27, 2019 at 2:15:32 [Post link]

No worries on the back and forth; the internet is nothing more than a cooler way to play phone tag!

As for appealing the ban - with the integrated chat core, things in-game show up on Discord and vice-versa. So unfortunately, it's not so much a matter of 'one and not the other', but one of 'both or none'. We also did attempt to contact you on Discord to ask for your name to be changed, but received no reply. It wasn't until after staff manually changed the name having not heard from you that the ban was made.

LazyGamer
Robot master

Posted on April 27, 2019 at 7:20:21 [Post link]

I don't recall seeing a message? Was it sent directly?

As far as integration goes, is it impossible to "un-link" my discord from my interordi/Minecraft accounts? Considering that's the sole issue here, if I could do that, I'd definitely be more than happy to do that if possible.

LazyGamer
Robot master

Posted on April 27, 2019 at 7:29:16 [Post link]

Overall, my discord username, as meme-y as it sounds, is usually subject to the fads or in-jokes of other discord/gaming communities I'm part of. (Recent SFW examples: "King GA Follower", "Plural Zoink", "Pinochet's Wild Ride", "Left Parenthesis", and even "Snapchat Hotdog" )

Obviously, to follow the rules of the forums, I'm leaving out some of the less savory in-jokes, but it's completely understandable as to why the ban had occurred in the first place, and I'd like to apologise for the work that the mod/admin team had to put in to essentially hide the admittedly regular name changes in the figurative closet.

To be completely honest with you, I don't even remember how I linked my discord to the server, so wether or not it's possible to actually un-link it is an absolute mystery to me. ://

Edited by LazyGamer on April 27, 2019 at 7:30:32

Langsley
Contributor
Minecraft helper
Servbot

NetNavi:
Firestorm.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 27, 2019 at 21:42:12 [Post link]

As Creeper's Lab is part of the Interordi network, the game server, the IRC chat, and the Discord server are all connected to one another automatically! There's no fancy steps required in connecting one to the other; as soon as you enter the channel, you're live!

LazyGamer
Robot master

Posted on April 27, 2019 at 22:46:11 [Post link]

So, it should just be as easy as leaving the CL discord?

Langsley
Contributor
Minecraft helper
Servbot

NetNavi:
Firestorm.EXE
Z-license
Posted on April 28, 2019 at 0:09:14 [Post link]

Not necessarily, as actions taken on Discord have an effect that is visible in-game. It would have been no different - and had no different consequences - than changing the in-game name to something inappropriate.

LazyGamer
Robot master

Posted on April 28, 2019 at 16:46:07 [Post link]

I mean as far as disconnecting the clients from one another. My fault, I should've specified.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply