Another year, another April First! Many might not have seen everything that was put into place for the day, as various elements were scattered around:
- The lobby was replaced with the USS Voyager, with fully functional transportation rooms.
- The survival servers were stuck with eternal thunderstorms.
- The website and forums took an older, worn guise.
- The Discord server's logo and name were replaced with copies of the "Add a Server" feature.
The most obvious one to any visitor was the different lobby. People were free to explore the 1:1 replica of the USS Voyager, with the extra modification that both transportation rooms were fully functional. After some trial & errors, people figured out that they could rotate an indicator to set their destination, then press the button and run to the pad to teleport out. This allowed all survival servers to remain accessible!
And now, for some fun numbers:
- The lobby had about 3 times more players than usual spending a non-trivial amount of time in it!
- The site and forums only had a tilt of 1 degree!
- Alex the Transporter Chief sent away uncountable players!
- 1 USS Voyager, at long last! No world editor necessary for this one, I used the copy from storage as-is.
I hope you had fun!
The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.
I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!
"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)