Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
SoulStriker
Ragnarok
Inactive
10 posts

Zero is a cool guy and his weapon does not need any charge , he attack is smooth and quick..... you could easily continue his attack because his cooldowns are low .

[X] is not to good because his shots need to be charged , and it's an action game ............and i find that charging thingy very boring and i can't use a dash-jump in PS because it's very hard to press Square and O while holding X .

The reason capcom only make armor for X because it's their main hero* , they started the X series with him . And the players seems to be following the capcom .

Zero should be given the shadow or Blade or both because both armor uses sword .......... it could give Zero ability to charge too . :miam:Players playing X6 using Zero should be having much difficulties with him in any stages , because Zero got no armor......few i mean , almost none . Most challenging stage for me using Zero is the Central Meuseum and the Rainy Turloid stage because i can't even beat it . And i have to use X and Zero can't get the Souls .

Not correct for capcom to do this , should be equal , and not Zero dying everytime and X survive , sometimes X must die too ;D

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

*coughs and hacks*

Zero already got his game. I'm sure you're well aware of the fact. :P

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Yumi K.
Deleted account

And in case you didn't notice, Capcom holds Zero in high regard; that's why playing as him is somewhat difficult. He was specifically conditioned in the game for the advanced players, so it's not a question of fairness... it's a question of skill. playing as X can be *yawns* too easy at times, even without any armor...:cool:

Tenguman
State Alchemist
Inactive
268 posts

What Yumi said is true X is an all round character for bigginers Zero you have to atack at close range making it for advance players.

Trying to take over Cossacks board
1.Get support from the members
2.challenge cossack for power
3.defeat the staff
4.Take administrative powers

Inactive
26 posts

Zero rules in the X games he would be better as a meverick aand X would get crushed by him

Inactive
26 posts

and*

Rokkuman
Megaman Master
Inactive
44 posts

1 Use punctuation.

2,If you dont remember the fmv scenes in X4, Zero WAS once a maverick, but then turned good.

3. Use edit, dont make double posts.

[Edited on 16/11/02 by Rokkuman]

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here
Inactive
4029 posts

There's just 1 thing I don't understand about Zero (actually, there's several but I'll save them 'till later:P). In MMX1 at the beginning, when Vile has got you, Zero shoots his arm off his armoured carrier to fre X. How come he did this when his weapon is a sword in MMXtreme1&2? (Xtreme1,2&MMX1 are all the X series games I've got:cry: )

[quote]Originally posted by Rokkuman
...2,If you dont remember the fmv scenes in X4, Zero WAS once a maverick, but then turned good...
[Edited on 16/11/02 by Rokkuman] [/quote]

1. Sigma was once good but turned bad. It took all of Sigmas strength to bring him under control.

Spoiler (click to toggle)
the capsule in FMs stage, he says something like: Here. Take my gun.

[Edited on 21/11/2002 by Airman]

[Edited on 22/11/2002 by Airman]

[Edited on 6/12/2002 by Airman]

[Edited on 6/12/2002 by Airman]

ProtoStar
Contributor
Lost Warrior
434 posts

Re-edit your post Airman...
Yes... Zero is for advance players... LIKE ME!!! Zero has the best, most hard-to-use weapons, which I love to use because it's close combat!:D

*Damashki stares at you evily. He keeps looking at you, the link below, and back to you*
Graaaagh...

Bloodforte.exe
Lone NetNavi
Inactive
307 posts

I beat MMX6 with Zero. I got him to rank P. Gate is MUCH eaiser to beat.;D

Wee. x.o Uhh. . . [Insert smart idea for isgnature here] And uhh. . . A quote from my hero, The Punisher. :D

"If You Want Peace,
Prepare for war."
-Frank Castle

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

Airman, don't enlarge your words like that, it makes you look like you're yelling and be patient! Someone will answer it.

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

Well, some of us are impatiant. After all, I was made by Dr. Wily.:devil::muha:

Digman
The Digimon Tamer
Inactive
72 posts

[quote]Originally posted by SoulStriker
Zero is a cool guy and his weapon does not need any charge , he attack is smooth and quick..... you could easily continue his attack because his cooldowns are low .

[X] is not to good because his shots need to be charged , and it's an action game ............and i find that charging thingy very boring and i can't use a dash-jump in PS because it's very hard to press Square and O while holding X .

The reason capcom only make armor for X because it's their main hero* , they started the X series with him . And the players seems to be following the capcom .

Zero should be given the shadow or Blade or both because both armor uses sword .......... it could give Zero ability to charge too . :miam:Players playing X6 using Zero should be having much difficulties with him in any stages , because Zero got no armor......few i mean , almost none . Most challenging stage for me using Zero is the Central Meuseum and the Rainy Turloid stage because i can't even beat it . And i have to use X and Zero can't get the Souls .

Not correct for capcom to do this , should be equal , and not Zero dying everytime and X survive , sometimes X must die too ;D [/quote]

Dude... I didn't like what you said.
I can see that most MMXfans like Zero the best... while I like X better for enough reasons.
besides... Zero was mavarick...dunno if he's still or not... he's the cause of Sigma's evilness. also... he caused enough troubles to X.
I realy enjoyed defeating him on X5
:cool:.
Don't worry... capcom made the RMZ series for those Zero fans... I hope they do more games of it...

EDIT: also... I find the game much easier using Zero... he's just so powerfull:madgo:

[Edited on 8-12-2002 by Digman]

Image Don't trust the bloody Vampire.

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
Keiyoushi Yami
Deleted account

I have your answer Airman.

Please Recall that Zero died to save X in x1 right? And then Cain rebuilt him.

If you really take a look, you'll see that his body is configured differently. For instance the most noticable is the shoulders, which, orginally were round, they are now angled and squared, and his chest, which has this wierd thing on it, which was not always there. Also, his legs are different.

When Zero saves X in x2 from his doppleganger, he uses that sword for the first time. I don't think he always had it, just that he's always good with it, because if he did always have it, he could have beaten Sigma hands down in that fmv sequence in X4. Also, I believe the Xtreme series took place after X2, which would easily explain the sword. Another thing to notice is that Zero does have a cannon and that the sword isn't his main weapon all the time. Take MMX3 for instance, when I got it, I thought, sweet, time to hack away, but then I realized that you needed to charge it. Well, that's about it...

Hope this helps.:D

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

Well, he did beat down Sigma with a lead pipe. Techincally, that could be used as a sword.

Then again... I like Zero as both a hunter and a maverick, but he can't really go back to the maverick side because he doesn't really remember much of it. (Got to love the constant amnesia with Zero, ne?)

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:

Zero_10
Deleted account

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloodforte.exe
I beat MMX6 with Zero. I got him to rank P. Gate is MUCH eaiser to beat.;D
Really?I had Zero on rank UH when I beat Gate.

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by SoulStriker
Zero is a cool guy and his weapon does not need any charge...
Actuall, that's just with the sabre. In MMX1, when X gets captured by Vile at the beginning and Zero blasts his arm off with his blaster, he charges up. Do you realise this? His blaster dose need to charge up whereas his sabre just can't. Did you realise this? Mabe you should edit that post.

CronoT2
Rogue Hunter
Inactive
256 posts

Zero is cool though I like X better. The main difference between them that has appeared since X4 is that Zero now specializes in close range combat and his buster is next to useless.

The main problem I have with Zero is the recovery time required if you use a sabre combo or when using attacks like the Wing Shredder from X5. I've gotten nailed more than once during a stage because of this recovery time problem. X has virtually no recovery time after launching an attack unless it's a charged special weapon.

It gets boring with Zero becuase the only real challenge is usually getting through the stage and sometimes that's not even a challenge. Normally the only real challange when I use Zero is the fight with X in X5 or a battle with one of Sigma's final form.

Zero was ridiculously easy to beat in X5 once you figure out his attack style, even when he goes maverick.

Ryujin
Lil' metool
Inactive
6 posts

About Zero. If you look closely at his designs from X1 and then from X2 onwards you can notice certain differences

His shoulders are round in part 1, and square in the rest, the design around his wrists is different too, as is his gold line thingy's.

This is because (as far as I was able to make out) Zero died in X1, as we all know saving X from Vile.

He used a buster in that game. Then when he was rebuilt, I think certain aspects of his design were slightly improved by Dr.Cain or whoever rebuit him. And when he was rebuilt he had a brand new weapon. The Z-saber.

Now I think as the story supposidly goes that Zero just did not want to use his buster that much, or prefered blade weapons or close range combat or whatever, and thats why he did not use his Buster for so long.

(Although in X3 his buster is his primary weapon and his saber is his secondary weapon, I was talking X4 onwards, and then in X5 its reversed as he uses his saber as his primary weapon and his buster as his secondary weapon)

A possible explanation of this could be that he had just gotten his saber in X2 and theirfore by the time X3 came out he was not very skilled with it, but then by the time X4 comes about he has mastered it and uses it instead.

Of course the real reason is that capcom just decided to make a load of gameplay changes at expence to the story. Not that I mind.

But anyway about Zero's designs, go back and play all the games then look at the anime scenes from X4, when fighting Sigma Zero was in his 1st form as he had not yet been killed by Vile, not the changes I mentioned (round shoulders etc..). But then in all the other scenes he has square shoulders and his new design.

The Cain rebuiling him better is just my attempt at explaining this, but at least capcom were consistant in their flashbacks to have the old Zero.

Inactive
32 posts

Hey in one of the Megaman games it shows an outline of Zero with the Saber on his back. This means that Wliy gave Zero the Z-Saber and not Cain.:D

Megagirl18
Robot master
Inactive
60 posts

Zero really is the coolest. And he's a good guy. :D:D I find Zero kinda hard to use in X6 but its cool that i rescued him. i only have Shark Player and the Blizzard wolf to go. Zero is,was, were my favorite. He will never die in my book. just look at who my navi is. by the way he says hi.:D

SolarWarrior
Superstar!
Inactive
553 posts

Zero is the best character in the X series!! Iris is second best, 'cuz she's his girl. :D

ZeroMagnumX
Lil' metool
Inactive
2 posts

Guys Zero is the best. Also he cant become a maverick again hes too kool! The only thing that is miss in X7 is his Z-Buster.:cool:

Kei
Banned
769 posts

This topic is super ancient...and you're gonna bump it?

Oh well...might as well post in it:

Yeah...Zero's a cool guy.

Are you not? What? You don't understand me?

Well, ?????? to you too!

I dare you to ban me Dr.Cossack!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

I despise the Z-buster in X6...

And yes, he's a cool guy.:D

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

You can't charge the Z-buster in X6.

[Edited on 1/9/2004 by Mega X.exe]

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Kei
Banned
769 posts

Maybe that's not what he meant...maybe when you've fully upgraded Zero to the max is when it becomes stronger. I know that a certain special part in X6 which could only be used a set number of times was hilariously sweet....boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.....*golden*

Are you not? What? You don't understand me?

Well, ?????? to you too!

I dare you to ban me Dr.Cossack!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Keiyoushi_Naota
Maybe that's not what he meant...maybe when you've fully upgraded Zero to the max is when it becomes stronger. I know that a certain special part in X6 which could only be used a set number of times was hilariously sweet....boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.....*golden*

Quiet you fool! This may the one time when he could be wrong. You know what this means?

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

Don't ruin the chance of a lifetime!:D

Just kidding. I never was too keen on the idea of powering up Zero's buster. I'd much rather use saber powerups.

Still, I hated the non-chargable Z-buster in MMX6.:mad:

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com