Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

Which software do you perfer? Or like? You've been on plenty of boards, but yet...We never know exactly how you like them..So, when you post on a board. What do you think about it? Here's a poll to see which you perfer.

If I did'nt make that clear, I'm sorry.:P

I myself perfer IPB. Because, I can manage mySQL and tweak it to work at the times I need. Rcon jobs, etc. That and I can script it. But, keeping the tables from overloading is hard^^; Well, that and the custom things you include...sometimes they crash the board....Just ask UE..I've crashed 5<<;

[Edited on 2/13/05 by Gandalf the White]

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

I use EZBoards. My first, and thus it has a special place in my heart.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here
Inactive
4029 posts

I've tried Ezboards. I REALLY didn't like it. I like the features that Hyperboards now has.

Hao
Fear Factory
Inactive
1268 posts

I hate all of the softwares mentioned in the poll. The best I've seen is the one Deviant(spelling? : P)Art uses. I don't go to DA, but I go to a board that uses a similar software, and I love it.

[Edited on 13-2-2005 by Hao]

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

So, you hate IO then, Hao?:P

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

PUNK
Hunter
Inactive
342 posts

Personally, I'm most familiar with Woltlab Burning Board. Though, IPB has quite some promising features too...

1271 posts

Proboards isnt bad for a 13 year old. :P

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I like PHP and uhhh..Invision isn't bad, at least it's not YaBB.

I've been on Woltlabs for the past two or three years though, so I'm used to them.

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero the saber master
If you like Proboards, you ought to see what Hyperboards has to offer. it's changed...a lot!

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

I used to have a Proboards board, but now I've got a Hyperboards one. I prefer Hyperboards.

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

Toon be honest, Hyperboards and Proboards use the same thing. there both CGI, but one just has more features then the other. But as well. PB4 comes out soon. IPB is beter then YaBB, But YaBB is like SMF. Other similiarties too. Woltlabs is actually its own software, thank god. All oters are like cpies. Except for SMF, and maybe. DA is actually like SMF board as well. But, I'd get more into this, IF I was'nt so busy.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

1271 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by AirMan
Quote:
Originally posted by Zero the saber master
If you like Proboards, you ought to see what Hyperboards has to offer. it's changed...a lot!
It has well i only saw proboards and its FREE is hyper boards free Airman?

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

Yes, it is.

[Edited on 14/2/05 by AirMan]

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Hao
Fear Factory
Inactive
1268 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf the White
So, you hate IO then, Hao?:P

I never said that. I said I hate most softwares I've seen MBs use. I overlooked XMB tho... since the only XMB board I've posted on is this one...

It looks really nice, so I guess this software is pretty.... neat.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

I don't *love* any of those choices, I merely went with the one that suit me the best (XMB) from what was available back when I was forced to switch from the Ikonboard. I like this one since there are a lot of pre-made modifications available, and I can make my own easily.

On the other side, I have a personal dislike toward Ezboards as a user. It really sucks, and hasn't evolved for years.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

Quote:
Toon be honest, Hyperboards and Proboards use the same thing. there both CGI,
Ezboards is CGI too, isn't it? (From what I can remember, it is)

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Become Dr. Cossack's waifu
Acquired on 20 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

I like InvisionPowerboards, because, well...I haven't seen many choices (I actually made one once, the banner SAID it was free....They deleted it. XP)

So I use proboards. If you checked a certain beyblade site which runs on it, it looks very, VERY advanced for the system, and can't even tell it's proboards anymore.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by AirMan
Quote:
Toon be honest, Hyperboards and Proboards use the same thing. there both CGI,
Ezboards is CGI too, isn't it? (From what I can remember, it is)

I can't really tell just by looking at the Ezboard's pages wether it's CGI or not. However, why does it matter? I fail to see what's different between a PHP and CGI (Perl) board from the user's point of view.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Samsara
Inactive
4029 posts

Just the way it looks. All PHP boards look alike, and most CGI boards look alike. CGI is much simpler looking. I think that PHP is much more versatile of what you can do with it, too. I dunno, though, since I've never been an admin of a PHP board. To know for sure, I'd have to admin both (PHP and CGI) at the same time and look at the difference. From a user's point of view, though, that's what I can see.