Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Slash Beast
Irken Invader
Inactive
545 posts

I'm just wondering because MMX collection is coming out in January

Does anybody any have info on what featuures it has?

ImageImageImage

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

I think this is almost incredible: the Collection is set for a release in less than a month, and we have heard so little from news sites! The only recent article I can link to is this one, from Gamespot. I really wish we knew more already... Capcom mentionned some features that would be really, really nice to see included in the compilation.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Slash Beast
Irken Invader
Inactive
545 posts

Everyone is so stuck up on MMBN 6 but I want more information on the X collection.

I'll try to look up on that info.

ImageImageImage

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

I've had a confirmation about something yesterday: the version of Mega Man X3 included in the collection is the PSX / PC / Saturn port, which means that it has the anime clips along with the remixed music! Whoo!

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

That's got to be nice, right? What about X4, and X6? Their going to fix the stupid voices, right? o.o; X6, stupid japanese voices, and X4 girly girly voices. <.<

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

My isp actually runs a daily news thing and htis was on it a few days ago as well as Irregular hunter X they both have anime cutscenes . This looks like it should be worth it at least.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Sage
That's got to be nice, right? What about X4, and X6? Their going to fix the stupid voices, right? o.o; X6, stupid japanese voices, and X4 girly girly voices. <.<

The current build of the game still has the "girly" X4 voices. I'm not taking that as an indicator, though, since swapping voice files is trivial to do, even at the last minute.

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

Aw, Doc, whats wrong? Didn't like the term 'girly'? Have to admit they were.

What else will they add, maybe like an extra game or two, like power battles? Or is is still unknown of the extra features, has to be a leak SOMEWHERE.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Yeah, anime cutscenes makes a game a whoooooole lot better. :rolleyes: And sure, japanese voices are "stupid" nevermind that they're the originals and usually better than the dubs.

Necro, you were right.

Banned
1140 posts

Duh, it'll be good! It's the X series we're talking about here!

Bye-bye, Inti.... IF Doc bans me like I told him to.

Rioni... thanks for the Final-Zero music..

Ray
Chocobo
Inactive
804 posts

i hope it's good but since I live in Europe it propably won't get released here like Megaman Anniversary Collection. DAMN YOU AMERICANS. :madgo:

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Ray, you'd better shut your mouth just there. If you had not noticed yet, a good >60% here IS American. Canadians excluded.

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Blazen
Vv
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by Morphman
Ray, you'd better shut your mouth just there. If you had not noticed yet, a good >60% here IS American. Canadians excluded.

Don't you bad mouth the good ol U.S. now. I don't bad mouth the Netherlands do I?

Anyway, X aniversery is defently somethin I'm gonna get. I have never played any of the X games so heres my chance to try em all out.

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

I might give it a glance. I rushed to pick up Megaman Anniversary Collection because I hadn't played that many Original series games, but considering I've played X5, X6, and X7 I won't be in quite as much of a rush for this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Sage
What else will they add, maybe like an extra game or two, like power battles? Or is is still unknown of the extra features, has to be a leak SOMEWHERE.

Mega Man: Battle & Chase was already confirmed as an unlockable game. I don't think we can expect anything else: already before, Capcom stated that they could have difficulties fitting all of the existing content on a single GameCube disk, an extra game beyond the 7 confirmed would completely overflow. Of course, Capcom also stated that a 2-disk release was possible, but I would be surprised if that happened.

Now, before you bring in the case of the Anniversary Collection, remember that the pack consisted of 6 NES, 1 SNES, 1 PSX and 2 arcade games, with the music being redundant between the arcade games and the others. This time around, we're talking about 2 SNES and 5 PSX games (since X3 is the PSX version), so those are much larger in size!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray
i hope it's good but since I live in Europe it propably won't get released here like Megaman Anniversary Collection. DAMN YOU AMERICANS. :madgo:

You're not alone there: the X Collection wasn't even announced for Japan yet!

Ray
Chocobo
Inactive
804 posts

all right, all right. sorry for the insultment sheesh.

if it would be released here i would take it double back.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Poor Ray...
Anyways Battle and Chase will be intersting on this considering the only way to get it is import it. The one problem is EGM called Battle and Chase a mario Kart rip off. -_-

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

BassGospel
Shirt Ninja
Inactive
561 posts

It is possible it'll come to Europe. We haven't had the first MM Collection yet though. If they do I'll get em considering I haven't played ANY of the original games except MM & Bass. And X7,X8 and XCM

However, I didn't think we'd be getting the new Armored Core games but we did. Nexus is due for release Feb next year. Happies

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Why don't you impiort it then BassGospel?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dranzer.exe
Anyways Battle and Chase will be intersting on this considering the only way to get it is import it. The one problem is EGM called Battle and Chase a mario Kart rip off. -_-

Well, technically, any cartoon-lookalike kart game released after Super Mario Kart IS a Mario Kart rip off, since SMK started the whole genre. However, in my opinion, Battle & Chase is worth playing. The ability to customize your cart by stealing opponent's parts bring a feature rarely seen in the genre. It's a fun little game once you get past the blocky PS1 graphics.

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dranzer.exe
Why don't you impiort it then BassGospel?

A console game won't work in another area of the world unless you mod your console... Some people don't want to do that to their game systems.

BassGospel
Shirt Ninja
Inactive
561 posts

Yeah and modding consoles is not only illegal (i think) but it has a high chance of screwing up your console.

Must erm "influence" Capcom. If you hear anything on the news...it wasn't me.

Banned
1140 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray
all right, all right. sorry for the insultment sheesh.

if it would be released here i would take it double back.

I don't know who's side to take! I'm half Vietnamese and half American! Then again... I do live in U.S. Oh well.. sucks for you, Ray!:P

[Edited on 16-12-2005 by Spider777]

Bye-bye, Inti.... IF Doc bans me like I told him to.

Rioni... thanks for the Final-Zero music..

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

The Collection is about to come out, and several reviews have come out on the web. One the latest, from 1up.com, unfortunately tells us that X6's Japanese voice acting was removed and replaced with... nothing. Personally, I would rather have kept the original. It's impossible to understand for most people, but at least it was well done and added some personality to the game. I'll miss that.

Beyond that, we know that luckily, X3 is the PSX / PC / Saturn version. Apparently, Mega Man X1 had some script changes, while X4 to X6 remain untouched on that front.

What about the other features? Does X4 include some remade voice acting, as Capcom said they'd do? Do X1 and X2 have remixed music, since that was hinted as a possibility? Were the graphics for Battle & Chase improved somewhat? All in all, what changed from the originals?

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit
Inactive
1788 posts

I grabbed the game a few hours ago (now I'm in debt again... ^^; ). So far I'm enjoying. Clean cut menus and options. *thumbs up* So far, no messed around music (remixes) or sound effects (but I really haven't played X1-3 so I really can't tell if Capcom switched around sound effects). *thumbs up*

"Bad" parts that I encountered so far (note that I have the PS2 version):
1.) X3's intro animation song was cut out and a new song is put in it's place. (I liked that Japanese song.)
2.) I encountered just once a slow down (in Megaman X1), but maybe it's my machine.
3.) No instructions or mention of Battle and Chase (or Megaman Racing) in the manual. (But then again, they didn't put any instructions or info of the Power Battles in the Anniversary Collection manual either.)

So far, the collection is my dream come true. *hearts* B) I'll check out more tomorrow...

Hao
Fear Factory
Inactive
1268 posts

I think you have to beat Megaman X 1-3 in order to unlock Battle and Chase. Which... is a pain in the butt for me since now I have to beat the uber hard Sigma battles without the aid of my Save States.

Anyway... I wonder why they cut out the Japanese voices for Megaman X6... they didn't replace it but instead... they completely took it out. Oh and the X4 sounds are the same. Except... the volume seems kinda weak... at least for me.

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by Hao]

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit
Inactive
1788 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Hao
I think you have to beat Megaman X 1-3 in order to unlock Battle and Chase. Which... is a pain in the butt for me since now I have to beat the uber hard Sigma battles without the aid of my Save States.

Anyway... I wonder why they cut out the Japanese voices for Megaman X6... they didn't replace it but instead... they completely took it out. Oh and the X4 sounds are the same. Except... the volume seems kinda weak... at least for me.

Yea, I'm having a hard time beating X1 and X2's Sigma. Very frustrating and hand numbing...

You might like to read this, Hao...
http://megaman.retrofaction.com/index.php?main=articles/editorials/editorial019

I'm having volume problems too, but with all the games...

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

I just got it and it was just as I expected. Battle and Chase is insanely hard to get but eventually it's worth it. Thank God they didn't put in X7 or I never would I have bought it.
Overall 8.5/10

Mystic
Superstar!
602 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman
Quote:
Originally posted by Hao

Yea, I'm having a hard time beating X1 and X2's Sigma. Very frustrating and hand numbing...

You might like to read this, Hao...
http://megaman.retrofaction.com/index.php?main=articles/editorials/editorial019

I'm having volume problems too, but with all the games...

When I played both of those games for the snes, I had trouble with X1's sigma (I only was able to fight him once), but in X2, I absolutely whipped sigma. He's not so tough.

I have X collection, and x6 is a pain! High Max is an even bigger pain!

(could someone PM me info on where to find armor parts and cheats... I cant get to gamefaqs for stupid reasons... Thanks!)

Wow... its been so long since ive been on here... 04.07.2010

ultimatelifeform
Robot master
Inactive
52 posts

I have rented it once and I did not play it much. mainly numbers 1 and 4. 4 especially because you can play as Zero and have a sseparate storyline. They need to have iris come back to life or something. they did it a lot with Zero. Maybe This will happen In megaman X Maverick hunter for PSP, or maybe if they make a Megaman Zero 5. She will wake up either in a capsule or as a cyber elf. Then they will both get into a fight over zero. Funny:muha:

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by ultimatelifeform
Maybe This will happen In megaman X Maverick hunter for PSP...

That's not really possible: Maverick Hunter X is a remake of X1, so it's events happen BEFORE X4. You can't revive someone who isn't dead yet!