Interordi Menu
AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

[quote]Originally posted by The Helldragon
And they replaced Squall's voice. :[ David Borenaz was awesome in KH1. I'm also disappointed Billy Zane didn't come back as Ansem. I was further weirded out when I found out Richard Epcar was Ansem and Paul St. Peter was Xenmas (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and Captain Battleship, respectively). Still, they did a good job, though Aeris' voice WAS too high. George Newburn was pretty cool as Sephiroth, too.[/quote]

Wow. I had no idea those where the voices for Ansem and Xenmas. That's hilariously awesome. :lol: I actually didn't mind Aerith's voice at all, I guess just because I've never heard her original.

The worst problem with the game, I think, was how incredibly cramped the levels felt. In the last game, you could have fun spending hours looking for a treasure chest. Now, they're all in one neat little line throughout the level. Jumping from one platform to another is a chore, and feels completely undynamic. There's just no fun at all to be had from running through the city streets, which was great in the last game. Worlds just tend to feel tiny, even though they sometimes look large.

Besides that, the game was pretty good. Normal difficulty was mess-o easy though. I never tried proud mode, since I only rented the game. I might give it a rerent sometime.

I was also really disappointed with Setzer's part. They might have been better off leaving it out altogether. o_o

Hrmm? How did I mess up the quote tags?

Edited by AimMan v2.5 on May 5, 2006 at 2:24:51.

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

You play KH2 for the fights, really. I LOVE the Reaction Commands and all the crazy crap you can do with one. Like when you're fighting Xenmas. You chuck a fucking BUILDING at him. A BUILDING! That's why the game rules. Not the story or the worlds or the stupid Atlantis musical crap. You play it to chuck buildings at bosses. And KH2 auto-wins because of that.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

Hey! I liked Atlantica! xD Oh and the Reaction Commands were sweet. Meh loved them! I also liked fighting Axel with Oatherkeeper and Oblivion. Fighting with two keyblades is fun. Evil dudes beware! >3

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

"GET ON THE HYDRA'S BACK!"

I swear, we're never gonna hear the end of that. <_< What's your favorite Limit? My favorite is Session with Sora and Riku, but my second favorites are Overdrive with Auron and the one with Simba.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

You equip Limits as abilities, right? Well.... XD I never knew about those until I equipped 'Fantasia' at the end of the game and didn't even use Donald in the last fight. XD

Edited by Kagome_Sakura on May 5, 2006 at 19:48:25.

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
1268 posts

I enjoyed Atlantica as well. The idea of having a musical level was actually pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Helldragon
You play KH2 for the fights, really.

Of course. With the exception of the aesthetic portion of the game, the action is pretty much the only thing Kingdom Hearts II excels at. So you don't really have much else to play the game for. ;p

Actually, the story wasn't really too bad. Well, the story itself. The execution of the story on the otherhand was abysmal. It dragged on too much for the most part. Everytime the story seemed like it was going to pick up, it quickly faded back to being uninteresting. The game spent too little time developing the actual plot of the game. This wouldn't necesarrily be a problem for me, as it didn't hurt the my experience with Dragon Quest VIII - but that game at least allowed the central plot of the game to develop while throwing you out on a loop. The end of Kingdom Hearts II was way too rushed, and Organization XIII was such a waste. They seemed like interesting characters but were sadly tossed away without being fully realized.

*shrug* Still, despite all this KH II is a good game. It's just really flawed. As fun as the action can be(which culminates in the boss fights, really), it falls short without a good story to drive it. The story, albeit decent, was poorly told and keeps the game from being anything too special. However, it is still a fun action game.

Proto
Random Ultra User
Inactive
189 posts

I have so far played through the game on Standard Mode and have restarted on Proud. On my Standard mode file, I am currently going around trying to S rank the Gummi Ship levels, I'm not sure why... Anyway, I've got Donalds ultimate, need a few more things for Goofy, and one more item for Sora. I'm working on leveling up my Drives to their max levels, then I'll work on summons. My favorite limits has to be Riku and Sora's limit together, Eternal Session. I have yet to beat Sephiroth but I will eventually. And in my opinion, the story could have been a little better... Despite that, Overall if I had to rate in on a scale of one to five, it's still a five to me.

Edit: Thanks Helldragon.

Edited by Proto on May 6, 2006 at 1:16:01.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Sora and Riku's Limit is called Session as I mentioned earlier.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Necro
I enjoyed Atlantica as well. The idea of having a musical level was actually pretty funny.

I know. Hearing Sora say 'Darling' in Under The Sea really turned me on. xD I love the little sing-alongs. They were cute. =3

Quote:
The end of Kingdom Hearts II was way too rushed, and Organization XIII was such a waste. They seemed like interesting characters but were sadly tossed away without being fully realized.

Yeah, the end with those guys was kind of easy. Pathetic, maybe. But I wish you could actually get the chance to fight Roxas. That probably would have been a challenge the way he swings those keyblades. ;)

I also wish they would have shown more of Roxas. Sorry, I'm just another obsessed fangirl. XP At first,I didn't like being him, then when I grew to enjoy being him, what happens?! He gets absorbed!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I hope they are somewhat in KH3 somehow. I want to know more about them! >3

Edited by Kagome_Sakura on May 5, 2006 at 7:19:52.

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

Aim tells me that the next Kingdom Hearts is gonna be a prequel or something, but in any case it won't be a direct sequel. Huh. :huh: Don't ask, I suppose it's too early for speculation.

The Atlantica level was really fun, actually. I'd say that I thought Tron and Pirates of the Carribean actually turned out really well.

Edited by Heatman.EXE on May 5, 2006 at 21:20:15.

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Enix
[One and Only]
Inactive
500 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatman.EXE
Aim tells me that the next Kingdom Hearts is gonna be a prequel or something, but in any case it won't be a direct sequel. Huh. :huh: Don't ask, I suppose it's too early for speculation.

Well, Aim is right. The next Kingdom Hearts is not about Sora. Gasp. It is a storyline based on something else. Other than that... I dunno.

Edited by Enix on May 5, 2006 at 17:07:54.

Sephiroth XX
Hikari
Inactive
664 posts

I'd like to see Sora dual welding the Buster Sword and the Masasume in Final Form. That would be so much fun.

I also would Like to be able to fight all 12 (exluding Roxas) Organization members in the collosium. (ZOMG beat them all in 3 min l1k3..dun dun dun.)

How do you prove that we exist...
Maybe we don't exist...
-Vivi FF9

http://s14.invisionfree.com/Gundam_Final_War

^JOIN NOWWWWW OR I WILL PWN J00!

http://s9.invisionfree.com/MegamanBNimperial

^Join too

SoulofaDeadRose
The Goddess of Demons
Inactive
223 posts

I really love this game. I rented it and was sad to have to return it. Of course, I never got past the part where you have to defend the medallion in Port Royal. I spent hours fighting those damn pirates. But yeah, anyway, I love the reaction commands and Sora's forms. They can really pack a punch! Reaction commands can do a lot of damage in a tight spot, and so can Valor and Wisdom forms if you use them right and pay enough attention to your health gauge (died twice because I didn't watch my health). The point of my mindless drabble: Kindom Hearts 2 is awesome!

It's better to be alone than ignored.

Oh, how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying.

Blazen
Vv
Inactive
-48 post

I have gotten the Ultima recently and it's not as great as it sounds. Anyway I'll be starting the harder difficulties soon if I'm up to the three hour prolouge, I can't get over how long it took me. Nevertheless I'd like to say I was man enough to atleast try.

saiyanprince5
Wandering Returner
Inactive
528 posts

I liked when Squal or "Leon" helped Sora in Hollow Baston. I just got the game 3 days ago.

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Blazen
I have gotten the Ultima recently and it's not as great as it sounds.

MP Hastega = Insta-win.

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Become Dr. Cossack's waifu
Acquired on 20 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Yes, abilities are the score to winning the game, not the blade's power, which is why I used "Hero's Crest" and "Star Seeker" together in Valor Form. Air Combo plus + Air Combo Boost= Awesome Aerial combos early on. =D

omegaX
god of darkness
Inactive
61 posts

my best keyblade is oblivion.
and i got valor form to level 6

yeah i know this topic is old.

this is far from over

Image Image