Interordi Menu
HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Mega_Man_(classic_series)#Beat

Dude there's my oekaki. o_o (Supposedly, damn thing won't load for me)

Only problem is, it just has the HZ on it. Can I (or someone who has a Wiki account) somehow add who the artist is? I don't mind them using it, I just want it to say HollowZero somewhere. :)

Ray
Chocobo
Inactive
804 posts

Wow that's pretty cool, your art being used, i mean.

i don't have a Wikipedia account so i can't change it, sorry, but i would do it if i had one

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

At least your Beat pic makes since, whoever's Legends-style Protoman is being used is having their fan character used to represent the original. :P

[Edited on 18-1-2006 by Heatman.EXE]

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Zane Truesdale
Yu Grim Ravenface
180 posts

Congrats Hollow. You got your art in the internet encyclopedia! I guess you got skills that the wik noticed!

Nightmares are dreams that need re-coding.

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

Man, that's either really bad that the person is knowingly using your artwork without your knowledge, or really good that they can't tell it's not official artwork.:lol:

I'm still waiting for someone to think my ridiculous gag pictures are canon.

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

Woah! And I mean WOAH!

That's tough. :o

Now let's place bets on the time it'll take other Wikipedia visitors to realise.

I say 3 days, 4 hours, 57 minutes and 22 seconds, counting from when I hit the "Post Reply" button.

Banned
1140 posts

Nice Job. I actually mean it, even though I hate your guts.;)

Bye-bye, Inti.... IF Doc bans me like I told him to.

Rioni... thanks for the Final-Zero music..

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit
Inactive
1788 posts

There's 4 fan art on that page... If whoever uploaded them (it was the same person) didn't ask permission from Hollow to use, I doubt that they asked the other two people... B/

But... this is more of an honor than stealing... ^^; So congrats Hollow! XP

I really want to know who drew that Legends-type Protoman! That design is very cool! ^___^

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!
Inactive
1397 posts

Congratulations, Hollow! Awesome!

P.S. This is the E-mail for the guy who uploaded it. Yeah, I'm like a l33t intraweb detective.

jeb223@msstate.edu

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Don't worry Hollow, I'm going to try and take care of it. I have a Wikipedia account.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

As of when I checked it, you've been given credit, Hollow. Congratulations! You are now famous! Or closer to famous as any of the rest of us will get.

...What do you think the chances are that Necro (or anyone else for that matter) will kill me if he sees that last line?

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Yeah, but since I didn't state my reasons for changing, and since I wasn't logged in, they may just revert it.

In which case I'll do the above again, and argue the case. Barring any credit, I'll have the picture removed if you want.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6349 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

For the record, the "Dr. Cossack" logo used on the page is one that I made a few years ago. I should go and replace it with a better version, the file used there is badly compressed.

By the way, you don't need an account to edit pages on Wikipedia. There are bonuses for having one, yes, but it's not compulsory.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Thanks Mega X. If they need proof of ownership, or something, it's on my Deviantart account and at the oekaki both..of course at the oekaki my name is Torment instead of Zero though..eheh.

And ah, thanks for informing me Doc. I didn't know that you could just up and edit crap without an account. :o

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Nice Hollow, Congrats *Opens champaigne* Eww now i'm soaked.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

...And I was right. They changed it back.

And the war begins.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Uh oh...

If anyone knows the artists names of the other pictures, it would be great if you could add them as well. Unfortunately I have no clue myself.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Well, I changed it again, this time logged in and with explanation, as well as a challenge to those who opposed it. I challeneged them to give a reason as to why we should use the picture without your consent, when that was all you'd asked.

But it's been about a week or so, and no one's changed it. I think problem's solved for good now.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Thank you much sir, that's all that I wanted. :) I need my name on there in order to be famous! ;D

Again also, if anyone knows the other artists I'm sure they'd be grateful if their names were added. Yet again they might be ancient pictures and the artists aren't around anymore..who knows. :(

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit
Inactive
1788 posts

The Kalinka and (perhaps also since the art style is similar) the Doctor Cossack pictures are from here:
http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/simak/109/megalopolis/megamain.html

I still don't know who made the Protoman picture... Man, I would like to know...

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

If look at the properties and do a google image search with the same name, it should show up.

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

The Protoman is very distinctly Legends style. I'm pretty sure there was a contest at Planet Megaman a while back (or they had news about it, anyway) for redesigning Megaman characters as Legends characters, and I think a Protoman design won. Maybe they're the same?

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

KayChan
Needy Patient
Inactive
101 posts

lucky! your so awesome!:miam:

I love random pms!!!
My Name is PHILLIP!!!
CLICK HERE.... if you like WAFFLES!! muahahhahaha!!!

Slash Beast
Irken Invader
Inactive
545 posts

We all have our time in the spotlight like my foot came on TV before it was so cool!!:P

ImageImageImage

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I've been on television before but it was only the neck down... :lol: School choir and I'm tall so I was on the top row, cameraman didn't pan up far enough. :lol:

Rioni Riishu
Superstar!
Inactive
729 posts

That's awesome that your work is up there... but when I just looked, it said "Hollow Zero" again. The war continues.

-Ri

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Uh...Rioni? Hollow Zero is (one of) Hollow's moniker. If it says "Art by Hollow Zero", then everything is A-OK.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22