insert pop culture reference here

Posted on January 27, 2006 at 22:57:47 [Post link]

LOL! Do we have an exact date? :lol:

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on January 27, 2006 at 23:01:02 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by FlareManOh, yes. I apologize, this hijack is totally my fault for trying to pull logic into a religious topic.... more apologies.

Hey, get the stick outta there man. Religion as a whole causes flames even between people of the SAME FREAKIN SECT. So don't act like you're the one causing all the strife.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on January 27, 2006 at 23:06:33 [Post link]

Yeah, I demand equal prestige/blame for continuing the hijack! Glory/shame hog...
:P

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on January 27, 2006 at 23:18:57 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by FlareMan
I'm trying not to be attacking, either. But it just doesn't settle well with me that people really believe you go to hell just because you say or think god might not be real. And that if I don't want to end up in the infinite abyss of torment and sorrow, I have to become a devout Christian and make sure not to screw up in the very slightest.

You shouldn't be so caught up in whether or not you'll go to hell. Just live your life the way you see fit with your beliefs. You may be right, you may be wrong, they might be right, they might be wrong, you both might be wrong. Don't be so caught up with christians believing that you'll be punished for not believing in their religion. For alll we know if there is some type of godlike figure, it might not be the Christian God nor one that we have even heard of/made up.

Personally, if the christian God is real and I'm going to be sent to hell for being an atheist, then that's where I'd want to go. I wouldn't want to be a part of something that demands such strict obedience.

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on January 27, 2006 at 23:23:52 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
Quote:
Originally posted by FlareManOh, yes. I apologize, this hijack is totally my fault for trying to pull logic into a religious topic.... more apologies.

Hey, get the stick outta there man. Religion as a whole causes flames even between people of the SAME FREAKIN SECT. So don't act like you're the one causing all the strife.

Darn, and here I was hoping to be remembered for that. Xp

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on January 28, 2006 at 2:17:20 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Necro
I wouldn't want to be a part of something that demands such strict obedience.

That's what a religion is. ^^; It's just people are lax on it nowadays (or depending where you live).

I do not like people treating religions like buffet tables. Trying to be neutral or picking out only things people like will not do any good.

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on January 28, 2006 at 10:19:47 [Post link]

Quote:
Logic and faith. Two forces that are constantly locked in an eternal struggle from which there can never be a victor.

I have faith in logic. :o

Quote:
Why not attempt to go into religion into greater detail using Science, rather than say one or the other? For example, treat the creationist theory as a metaphore for evolutionism. After all, they both tell the same order of events, don't they? (Water animals THEN land animals THEN humans).

Yup. Next!

Quote:
And Zera, I think this topic was about love for God, not love for a girlfriend...unless you fancie God, but that just gets...confusing (not to mention slightly blasphemous o.0 )

*thinks of God and Zera in gay marriage*

No thanks!

Quote:
If man hadn't had the OPTION of eating from the forbidden tree, he wouldn't have had free will, and without free will, he would not have been able to love God.

HA! It's that, or God wanted us to become sinners! @_@

Quote:
God's perfect

Quote:
"God made the humans like he was himself"

CONTRADICTION.

Lastly, I direct you to this wsite to confuse you even more and give a change in point of view. :)

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on January 28, 2006 at 16:36:50 [Post link]

Nope. Not a contradiction. Well, not really. God didn't make us exactly like him. But we were made in his image.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet

Stream: Wha wha wheeee wha wheee~
Posted on January 28, 2006 at 22:54:44 [Post link]

And actually, as wierd as it sounds, you are supposed to have a love relationship with God. What? Christians are supposed to love God? When did that happen?

You are supposed to have a relationship with God, if you're a Christian, deeper than with anything else, so you can't even compare it to a regular marriage... which means it can't be thought of as a same-sex affair. :P

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Spider777
Banned

Stream: Please ban me Doc.
Posted on January 28, 2006 at 23:06:33 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatman.EXE
And actually, as wierd as it sounds, you are supposed to have a love relationship with God. What? Christians are supposed to love God? When did that happen?

You are supposed to have a relationship with God, if you're a Christian, deeper than with anything else, so you can't even compare it to a regular marriage... which means it can't be thought of as a same-sex affair. :P

Let's not drag that in here. One more thing, change you mood before you get banned!

Bye-bye, Inti.... IF Doc bans me like I told him to.

Rioni... thanks for the Final-Zero music..

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on January 28, 2006 at 23:26:36 [Post link]

Doc wouldn't ban Heat for drawing a picture of him as the Burger King with a plastic face. :P

Maverick
My face is afflicted with Green.

Stream: Ouch, my thigh hurts.
Posted on January 30, 2006 at 15:22:09 [Post link]

So I write about Love and everyone starts discussing God and His existence?

Does that make much sense? I think people take for Granted Who God is ... because they see God as a person, when I don't really believe that.

I see God as a concept ... really, an ultimate and perfect harmony, an expression of absolutely goodness; Love.

Ultimate Goodness ... except, with the power of Will to make things happen.

Ah, the Truth. It's out there ... nah, maybe not.

Samsara

Posted on January 30, 2006 at 16:53:13 [Post link]

You made a topic about God and didn't expect it to turn into a debate? Are you serious?

Maverick

Posted on January 30, 2006 at 17:05:51 [Post link]

It's so sad, to see so many people divided in their opinions and beliefs. I remember reading something I think Samsara wrote, (maybe not), about how We are judged on a point system.

And that is simply not true.

I argue this on the moral construct that All fall short to the Glory of God, which has been said repeatedly throughout the Bible. Christ is supposed to be the ultimate physical expression of God's Love: Grace given to those who ask.

We, as Christians, are not saved by works, but by Grace. We are judged by works, which measures what reward we get, but we are Saved, By Grace, and given entry into God's Kingdom, by Grace. Not by anything that we do, or anything that we accomplish, other than choosing God.

In Truth, God chooses Us, but, we can choose not to accept that; but that is a choice that is made repeatedly, and it is never ultimately made until the very end of our lives.

No sin is unforgiveable except for the denial of forgiveness itself.

No one deserves Hell until the very moment that they get there. Not a second before.

I would never condemn anyone to Hell, because no one is automatically condemned. And no, still-borns don't count, because Jesus said that the Kingdom belongs to little ones, such as these.

You would argue that New Testament is controversial, or that it doesn't hold up. I would ask you to provide an example before you automatically start bashing the Bible because it 'doesn't make sense'. Remember, it's 66 different books, not a single book. But, they ALL agree, so if you happen to find a discrepancy, by all means, point it out, and I'll refute.

And it talks about 'controversial' stuff specifically to highlight that it is 'controversial'. The Bible never ignored blatant problems like sin and immorality, so of course it would talk about it.

I think though, that people take for Granted what God is. It's impossible to explain who God is, because God isn't really a person, but really, a concept. Or maybe, the tangible (or intangible) expression of absolute Good, capable of moving things in the Universe.

I think really that we refer to God as a person, but we're really refering to the Creator, or really, the Will of Good. That would be the Father, for Trinity enthusiasts.

And then, there's the natural submission or order of things, or really, the Means through which the Will is accomplished, which is the Son (Christ being the ultimate physical expression of God's love, and nice little things like that).

And then, there's the final product, the expression of Goodness, the Holy Spirit: God in motion.

That's my take on things, and if you can argue me down, by all means. But, if your'e going to present and argument, and expect it to be debated with respect, please, provide a basis, or foundation, in which you can support your 'theory.'

Oh, and, I started this topic because I am in love with a girl, but it's only because of God that I've even met her, or that I have feelings for her.

[Edited on 30-1-2006 by Maverick]

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on January 30, 2006 at 19:10:44 [Post link]

My mom's not the smartest person in the world. But she sure is smart about this. (she IS christian by the way)

"Why in the world are people bringing up religion at a Megaman board?"

I dunno mom. I dunno.

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on January 30, 2006 at 19:13:33 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
My mom's not the smartest person in the world. But she sure is smart about this. (she IS christian by the way)

"Why in the world are people bringing up religion at a Megaman board?"

I dunno mom. I dunno.

WOW. You're mom must be. like, ALL-KNOWING! :o

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Maverick

Posted on January 31, 2006 at 15:23:12 [Post link]

In that same way, I could ask why people bring up Yu Gi Oh at a Mega Man board also.

By the way ... tell your Mother that she must be brilliant to point something so logical out.

Brilliant ...

Her life is brilliant ...
Her life is pure
She must be an angel
Of that I'm sure
She looked at this
The mother of a Man
But I won't lose no sleep on that
Cuz I've got a plan ...

You're BRILLIANT!!!

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on January 31, 2006 at 15:41:55 [Post link]

Yugi-oh is also pointless for a Megaman board, I do agree there.

Samsara

Posted on January 31, 2006 at 15:57:20 [Post link]

Yes, bringing up anything non-MegaMan based in the General board is beyond me :rolleyes: If you agree with your mum enough to quote her on that, why do you even bother looking at the Chit-Chat board at all?

[Edited on 31/1/06 by Samsara]

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on February 1, 2006 at 3:44:31 [Post link]

Why is religion important to the crowd who enjoys Megaman nowadays? (13 and under) You either blindly follow or you don't.

I think she means that something as volatile as religion shouldn't be brought up at a board like this, which frowns on flamewars. Yugi-oh seems to be just as volatile!

Samsara

Posted on February 2, 2006 at 10:30:40 [Post link]

Maybe, but if anything else none MegaMan has a right to be here, why not relgion?

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on February 2, 2006 at 15:50:02 [Post link]

Because it's something important that people are actually affected by?

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on February 4, 2006 at 2:16:40 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsara
Maybe, but if anything else none MegaMan has a right to be here, why not relgion?

Because it starts massive flamewars everytime it's brought up in the slightest? And if this board accepted flamewars that'd be okay, but it doesn't?

Samsara

Posted on February 4, 2006 at 18:55:05 [Post link]

Not always. If you look at this argument, the argument itself was caused by you saying "why the hell are we talking about religion here?", not about the initial topic of religion.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on February 5, 2006 at 3:08:45 [Post link]

Right, the entire two first pages was an arguement started by me saying that.

...oh wait, it wasn't. It was an arguement about religion.

Zera
Zera

Stream: Hello Neighbor.
Posted on February 5, 2006 at 4:34:46 [Post link]

Why don't we have a Debates and Discussions area that is highly moderated? All debates could go there, away from little kids talking about flame-warless topics. Although the area would have to be highly moderated so flame wars wouldn't happen. But yeah, a flame war about these kinds of debates at a Megaman forum is pointless.

o hay

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on February 5, 2006 at 6:32:29 [Post link]

Or what if we make said forum, a flame-enabled, all bets are off, forum?

Otherwise Doc would get carpal tunnel from all the moderation.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on February 5, 2006 at 6:36:48 [Post link]

That'll surely bring us all together as a loving caring community... :lol:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on February 5, 2006 at 16:05:34 [Post link]

Well, I figure if we go far enough in the other direction, sooner or later we'll end up at that point. :P

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Pages: 1 2

New topic Reply