Interordi Menu
divinepower43
Lil' metool
Inactive
1 post

alright, my idea is bass comming back.. how? remember the megaman xtreme seris? where the dna souls is involved, well after X8, dr. wily injected a sigma virus into himself and became the new sigma. so sigma is finishing his final prepreations for his ultimate robot that is even more powerful than him. but when the capsul opend, bass grabed the new sigma and killed him and his virus forever because he remembered dr. wily just leaving him. and so bass stoped all the mavrick production and destroyed it.bass still have hatred twards X and have little memory of the zero production. so bass is out for revenge. bass and all the old megaman series bosses comeback improved and better than ever. in this story, there is a tale that says " 10000 years ago, 3 legendary demons fought to the death, the blue demon fought for peace, the red demon fought for evil, and the black demon fought for revenge on the red and blue demon." so X, zero, and bass will have inner demon powers inside. they would be unlocked through out the game. for X's inner demon, it would be unlocked after the love of his life (iris i think) came back alive and got killed again by cutmans minions.he got mad and then thats how X unlcoked the inner demon. for zero, he will face the real zero after finding out he was just a copy with feelings, when the copy zero destroy the real zero, then he gets the real zeros power combined, then thats zero's inner demon. for bass, it just starts when he see X. bass wont have a buster, instead, he has glowing electric hands and shoots energy blasts from his hands (like dbz) the inner demon ability will give them double dmg, new techniques (dont know how to spell it) and a ability to fly. the inner demon looks will be an aura and electircticity around there body. (ex: X inner demon will have blue aura and blue electricity around his body and zero's will be red) and so bass will be the final boss in the game and will last for 3 series, unlocking the past and the future.

well thats all i got, is mine good? come up with ideas cause i would like to hear.

Edited by divinepower43 on September 8, 2006 at 22:17:50.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

I won't point out how much canon you've ignored and move on with my idea.

Basically:

-make Axl evil, and they gotta cure him/kill him
-bring back Sigma (because yeah, he's still not dead)
-more mythical Mavericks (another dragoon would rock)
-introduce a man who ruthlessly destroys robots so that we can get a human perspective for once
-kill Axl (well, that's more of a wish than anything)

So, yeah. Excellent X9 right there.

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by The Helldragon
-introduce a man who ruthlessly destroys robots so that we can get a human perspective for once

I agree whole-heartedly. Anything they could do to make humans seem more real in the series would be good. My biggest problem with the series as a whole is how you never seem to see humans... ever. In X4, there was a plot which heavily relied on the existance of humanity, yet humankind is never shown. Nor is it shown in Command Mission, where humans are mentioned every now and then. Come to think of it, the only X series human I can recall was Dr. Cain. X_x Were there any others?

... I'd like to see another Command Mission too...

Edited by AimMan v2.5 on September 9, 2006 at 8:24:03.

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Dr. Light, if you count him.

If they make a Command Mission 2, make the battle system real-time, please. Turn based sucks.

HighMaxOmega
is almost to Epsilon
Inactive
804 posts

Quote:
Dr. Light, if you count him.

If they make a Command Mission 2, make the battle system real-time, please. Turn based sucks.

No! The turn-based was good for once, out of ANY RPG!

As for X9:

Seeing as the New Generation Reploid project was halted due to the head reploid, Lumine, going Maverick (after stepping on Sigma's body and taking in the Virus the same way Sigma did when he stepped on Zero's body), but later was secretly resumed, the Sigma Virus is being manufactured over and over again. Eventually, now that there are enough NG Reploids, they are able to gather at Eurasia's old site and the leftover infection there causes the Virus in each one to take over, and the result is thousands, maybe millions, oof Sigmas like the one in the moon palace. Meanwhile, Axl is also infected, thanks to Lumine, and has become the main host of the Virus. Thanks to the uprising Virus activity, he is getting less and less in control of himself as time passes. As for humanity, seeing the repetitive destruction brought upon by reploids, brings out one man, named Weil, to put an end to all reploids and mavericks. As the hunters not only fight Axl's infection, Sigma's new army, and now a band of humans under Weil, the story of X9 unfolds.

So, in the end, as you can probably tell, X will finally seal Sigma in the Mother Elf. Axl is destroyed, as he took the form of Sigma, in his strongest form ever. After all this happened, Weil took the Mother Elf and Zero's body, and began running experiments in the budding society of Neo Arcadia, then led by X. Weil, in the end, makes himself a mechanical body, changes Zero's old body and builds a reploid he calls Omega over it, and makes a new body for Zero. To eliminte the threat of Zero, Weil seals him in an old lab he had found, possibly used by Dr. Cain. X finds that Weil amplified the Virus within the Mother Elf, and thus banishes Weil from Neo Arcadia, and places his body as the seal on the Elf. 100 years later, the Zero Series begins...

Don't tell me this contradicts story points - I know it probably does. What theory wouldn't?

Mach Jentra: I heard you were dead.
Zero: You know me - never say 'die.'

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

No, the turn based system WASN'T good. It's the SAME thing as every other turn based system. Megaman is NOT supposed to be turn based, EVER. Lots of better RPGs have been made with real time combat systems (the only exception is Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, but it is very interactive for a turn based system).

Arkane
Archangel
Inactive
1166 posts

I have ideas for MMX9, infact I've been working on it for a while. It's still in progress though, but I still need to get the story done. All I will tell you is that Axl's creator is revealed, and that Axl won't be a playable character right from the start.

For the gameplay, I say they should bring back the 3D Prespective, only make a few changes.

1. Make the characters run smoother and a little quicker than they did.
2. Introduce a "Ride Armor" customizer system, which you can take into battles using Ride armor Teleporters (Like in MMX3).
3. Introduce "Missions" where X and Zero are accompanied by other Hunter recruits, which you can give order to, as you take on the 8 Maverick's bases.
4.Once you've completed a Mission, the real thing begins, when you play as just X/Zero/Axl as you infiltrate the Maverick's lair, just like a regular level in previous X Games.
5. Built Parts and equip up to 8, depending on your Hunter Rank, and Level up Character's Life, Weapon Energy, Defense (+X's Armor), Busters, Sabers, Guns, exactly with the same Weapon Upgrade system as in Resident Evil 4(I'm sure Capcom won't mind, after all, RE4 was created by them)by collecting Metals like in MMX8.
6. There should be a Lock-On capability, but, one that isn't too stubborn.
7. Two prespectives: 3rd Person(default) and 1st Person (for manual aiming).

Edited by Arkane on September 9, 2006 at 13:38:48.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

If they did a 3-D version more like Dirge of Cerberus but with platforming and easier gun action, I think that'd work.

Arkane
Archangel
Inactive
1166 posts

Quote:
If they did a 3-D version more like Dirge of Cerberus but with platforming and easier gun action, I think that'd work.

Yeah, that wouldn't be too bad, but not very promising. It would have to offer more than just simple 3D Platforming. But, I guess Mega Man games have always been a series that kept a very simplistic gameplay.

I did have an idea, where there could be an Instant Action Mode like in Star Wars Battlefront 2 with MMX style characters where you play as Hunters and Mavericks instead od Droids/Rebels/Impireals and Clones.

The classes could be:

Buster Unit : characters use rapid fire and charge shot like X.
Close Combat Unit: Characters use Sabers and have a powerful 3 attack combo.
Sniper Unit: Sniper Rifle, nuff said.
Blaster Unit: Shotgun
Rapidfire Unit: Rapid fire artillery (like Axl's weapons)
S Class Hunters/Mavericks: Basically the main Heroes/Villans of MMX
Heavy Unit: Rocket Launchers

Etc, I'm sure you got the idea. There could be many more Units of course.

Just an idea, seeing how the Mega Man X could use a good change, keeping it original and fresh. Leave it to the Original Series to be simplistic. X can go all the way! Why not? He had his own RPG, didn't he?

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
-4276 post
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

The Dirge of Cerberus thing would sound great for Axl. Especially with his Copy Shot ability.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Arkane
I did have an idea, where there could be an Instant Action Mode like in Star Wars Battlefront 2 with MMX style characters where you play as Hunters and Mavericks instead od Droids/Rebels/Impireals and Clones.

Eh, MMX isn't supposed to be a game involving a lot of units on a field. It's one robot against everyone else, and that's how it's supposed to be.

Anyway, here's my idea for the platforming. Perhaps there could be a "2-D" button you could activate for certain scenes so you can platform, a la Metroid Prime? Well, they didn't use a 2-D button, but you know what I'm getting at.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder
-4276 post
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Heavy
Heavy
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Demoman
Demoman
Acquired on 2 April 2012
Pyro
Pyro
Acquired on 2 April 2012

... and 18 more

Quote:
Eh, MMX isn't supposed to be a game involving a lot of units on a field. It's one robot against everyone else, and that's how it's supposed to be.

Anyway, here's my idea for the platforming. Perhaps there could be a "2-D" button you could activate for certain scenes so you can platform, a la Metroid Prime? Well, they didn't use a 2-D button, but you know what I'm getting at.

That's more or less what they did in X7. Mostly 3D with some 2D side-scrolling areas.

Also, Arkane's idea does have some merit. It's not always just X, Zero, and Axl. There ARE other Maverick Hunters... it would be nice to see them in action.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Arkane
Archangel
Inactive
1166 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by RisingDragon
Quote:

That's more or less what they did in X7. Mostly 3D with some 2D side-scrolling areas.

Also, Arkane's idea does have some merit. It's not always just X, Zero, and Axl. There ARE other Maverick Hunters... it would be nice to see them in action.

Or, you could have a 2D version of the game and a 3D version. You could pick one of the two options when you start a new game and you play rest of the game with that style.

Could be a good idea for fans of the game who favour the old style as well as innovate some new players to play using the 3D Style.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork
Inactive
-3257 post
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Emi Ibarazaki
Emi Ibarazaki
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

There's a lot of balance issues with that option. Some areas work better in 3-D than 2-D, and vice versa. It'd be like coding two whole games, and they don't want to do that.

Arkane
Archangel
Inactive
1166 posts

Quote:
There's a lot of balance issues with that option. Some areas work better in 3-D than 2-D, and vice versa. It'd be like coding two whole games, and they don't want to do that.

Well, they could always sell two version of the game...-_-

BassGospel
Shirt Ninja
Inactive
561 posts

Quote:

Well, they could always sell two version of the game...-_-

Just like they could keep Zero and Sigma dead?

Thing is, the story has been re-hashed WAY too many times. At a basic level, MMX is the original MM series all over again, but with different characters and times. Remember, at a BASIC level. The idea pool has gotta be low.
But yeah, I'd like an X9.

And as for CM, it's one of the few RPGs I actually LIKE and the turn-based system aint so bad.

Sephiroth XX
Hikari
Inactive
664 posts

X9 needs a good transion into the Zero series. Shouldn't it be more story? Like Zero, only four bosses at the start along with various other missions. Oh yeah and some of the ^mentioned.

How do you prove that we exist...
Maybe we don't exist...
-Vivi FF9

http://s14.invisionfree.com/Gundam_Final_War

^JOIN NOWWWWW OR I WILL PWN J00!

http://s9.invisionfree.com/MegamanBNimperial

^Join too

Androcles
Connoisseur of all beauty
Inactive
49 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by AimMan v2.5
Quote:

I agree whole-heartedly. Anything they could do to make humans seem more real in the series would be good. My biggest problem with the series as a whole is how you never seem to see humans... ever. In X4, there was a plot which heavily relied on the existance of humanity, yet humankind is never shown. Nor is it shown in Command Mission, where humans are mentioned every now and then. Come to think of it, the only X series human I can recall was Dr. Cain. X_x Were there any others?

... I'd like to see another Command Mission too...

Edited by AimMan v2.5 on September 9, 2006 at 8:24:03.

YES! My thoughts exactly! We touched on this a little in my thread too. At least let us see some of the human leaders. You do work for them don't you?

They should have humans for you to save throughout the levels too. I'd been saying for years that they should have people for you to rescue (although I almost regretted it when I saw how hard they can be to save) but they need humans; not just reploids. It'd be funny if you could hear their screams when they get killed, :eek: or if they cursed you with their dying breath! :lol: And another Command Mission would be great! It was one of my favorite X games in spite of the injustices.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth XX
X9 needs a good transion into the Zero series. Shouldn't it be more story? Like Zero, only four bosses at the start along with various other missions. Oh yeah and some of the ^mentioned.

I guess X9 would have the responsibility to tie the X series to the Zero series. But Capcom doesn't seem too good at tying MM games together. Maybe they won't make an X9 for that reason. :mad:

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I think turn-based is the best, but I'm lazy and don't like keeping track of too many things during RPG battles.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
I think turn-based is the best, but I'm lazy and don't like keeping track of too many things during RPG battles.

I've fought boss battles with over 3 status effects on one character.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

corte
Superstar!
Inactive
516 posts

I think they base the story on the elf wars. You play as X ,Zeero, and AXl and you gotta stop the large-scale war.