User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Your car warranty is about to expire!, I don't even have a car warranty

Pages: 1

Sakura
Aqua-cadet

Stream: Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Posted on April 30, 2009 at 22:42:46 [Post link]

So, how many of you have gotten that lovely call from an out-of-state number stating that your car warranty was about to expire?
Well just about everyone I know have gotten them on their cell phones and their house phones, the best part is that we are on the National 'Do Not Call List', which is the first strike against this "company", which of course is illegal. Second, this company does not actually sell car warranties, and when you ask them a certain kind of question, they will hang up on you, also when you ask to be taken off their calling list.

"Unfortunately, the calls are almost impossible to trace since the numbers are spoofed. One number being used was traced to a disconnected phone in Nebraska that had belonged to an illegal immigrant who had been deported after a meat-packing plant raid." (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/09/expired-car-warranty-calls-have-several-states-pissed-too/)

So has anyone else gotten these calls?
Heck I have even gotten one at work.

The Helldragon
Inquisitor of Zork

Badges: Princess Celestia Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Rin Tezuka Hanako Ikezawa ... and 18 more

NetNavi:
DragonMan.EXE
Z-license
Level: 27 [What's this?]
Posted on April 30, 2009 at 23:05:39 [Post link]

Sorta-related story: long time back my sister was listed in a Who's Who for high school students. Of course, Who's Who is a vanity publication, and thus I was naturally suspicious. I don't think she ever bought the book, though.

Anyway, not long after I receive a letter saying that, hey, I had been accepted into a Who's Who for sports! Wow!

The only problem-when do I ever play sports?

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on April 30, 2009 at 23:08:47 [Post link]

Heh, i've gotten it for my car ('09 Audi A4). The problem here is that I got the car 4 weeks ago so there's no way in hell it could be up. I got another one on my cell this morning before school strangely enough. I told him that (Read in a heavy Southern Arkansas hick accent) "Warranty's are for pussies, and I don't need no fricken warranty when all I do is cook mah chikin on tha engine." He tried to talk me into it until I told him that "My wife's gonna give birth to our 13th child; I gots to go rip the thing outta her blowhole and put it with all the others in the shed out back." After that I had my GF scream from down the hall about how she was gonna gut me for knocking her up again.

In short, I highly advise you just treat it like some guy is trying to sell you a dog turd as chocolate and just screw with them until they give up.

Next one i'm planning on pretending to be a sperm bank and ask the guy for donations.

Edited by Black Dranzer.exe on April 30, 2009 at 19:09:20.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet

Stream: Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Posted on April 30, 2009 at 23:14:29 [Post link]

Yeah me and my boyfriend were planning on screwing around with these guys, but they call like when we are at the movies, when I am in school, when I'm at work, etc.
I usually don't get a person though, just a machine.
Plus I've been getting these calls before I got a car, maybe they were talking about my barbie jeep?
And a reply to Helldragon, I got a letter in the mail for some student honor thing for my "excellence in school."
I'm in one honors class (honors anatomy), and my accumulative GPA is a 3.0 (haha last year screwed me up because I didn't care).
It was rather humorous, I'm number 99/181 in my class.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on April 30, 2009 at 23:58:08 [Post link]

My dad has gotten one such call. He just hung up and swore a bit.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on May 1, 2009 at 1:41:26 [Post link]

No such thing here. The classic I usually get is "Congratulations!! You've won a free trip to the caribeans!"

The catch is, there's about no reason why a telemarketing agency would call us here... in English. On the upside, I know that I can hang up very quickly!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on May 1, 2009 at 9:08:44 [Post link]

...cars have warranties?

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Unknown

Posted on May 2, 2009 at 1:32:47 [Post link]

Post redacted

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on May 2, 2009 at 17:29:11 [Post link]

I get these every now and then, one person was an actual female named Kim, in Ohio.

After a series of questions and lies, she hanged up one me.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on May 3, 2009 at 12:02:07 [Post link]

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 7, 2009 at 14:26:32 [Post link]

X Prime got one of these yesterday or..day before. I dunno.

My family's weird and leaves the phone DCed constantly so

axl z
Gundamn

Stream: Im not fireing my lazer.......
Posted on May 10, 2009 at 3:48:06 [Post link]

I have never gotten one of those calls but if i do I'll do what I always do and ask them random questions.

I think the weirdst call I have ever gotten from one of them was a women asking me if I would like to invest in someguy who makes pens.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply