Praised be the Great Leader! ... erm, welcome back to normal, everyone!
Peace, quiet, and equality with a side dish of communist is what awaited people as they visited the message board for this year's April's Fools Day. Many, many small details had been changed, but the most visible were the Ever Staring Dr. Cossack and the Mind-Wipe Room. The Stare was present on all board pages, while the Room was summoned once a visitor (member or not) read at least 3 different topics within a span of about 20 minutes. Those unfortunate sounds were then treated to a full brainwashing provided by Crazy Frog!
At least one of you asked who that Unit #11295 dude was... Well, that was me! My goal was to post in several topics right and left, causing people to read more topics... and eventually "forming an opinion" thus finding themselves stuck in the Mind-Wipe Room. It worked well enough!
Here's a listing of what was changed through the board:
- All usernames were changed to Unit #, followed by the member ID of the person
- Profiles were anonymized quite a bit, although clues were left to help figure out who's who
- Quotes were added on many pages
- Everyone's status was set as "Not Administrator"
- The Private Messenger was disabled ("why do you need privacy?")
- All messages needed to be previewed before posting was allowed
- A new set of rules was available
- All smilies were actual smiles, allowing no other emotions
Part of this was inspired by a quote from Phatman, from last year's event:
YOU ARE BIG BROTHER
Those who visited the Mega Man PC Website: Dr. Cossack's Lab happened to be entertained with Hatten är Din, a Lebanese song subtitled in Swedish with hilarious pictures and animations. Who here danced along the tune? The hat is yours!
And of course, the stats!
- 19 board members visited the Mind-Wipe Room!
- Of these people, 16 masochists saw it multiple times!
- Arkane visited the Room the most, with 10 brainwashings!
- With 9 escape attempts in a row, Masterlink really didn't want to stay in there!
- The Interordi.com homepage was visited more than twice the usual amount!
- There were 20% more visits from Opera users than from Internet Explorer. X Prime, I know you're there!!
The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.
I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!
"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)