Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

External: Minecraft 1.0 coming - wait before upgrading!, Update by Dr. Cossack

Minecraft 1.0 (no more "beta" label attached) is supposed to be released today. However, if you want to keep playing on the server, you must not update yet! The server is still using Beta 1.9 Pre-release 5, and will be updated only when the plugins support structure, Bukkit, is ready in a 1.0-compatible version. This will take some days at least.

If you update by mistake, and want to be able to connect to the server again, simply follow the directions included in my previous post to downgrade.

[Original page]

Pages: 1

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on November 19, 2011 at 7:03:53 [Post link]

No point in playing right now if the server gets wiped at 1.0.0 update.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on November 19, 2011 at 15:29:49 [Post link]

Who said anything about a map wipe? The game will be updated when possible, but the map will remain the same. The server has gone through two updates while I was testing, with no side-effects!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Sage
News reporter
All Business.

Stream: You know, I miss a lot of you.

NetNavi:
UgandaKnuckles.EXE
Z-license
Level: 10 [What's this?]
Posted on November 19, 2011 at 16:24:18 [Post link]

If you're sure.

Just most cases when they change biomes and how the world reacts requires a map wipe, otherwise as you update the undiscovered chunks start having issues with the discovered unchanged areas.

they dont blend well.

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on November 19, 2011 at 16:43:35 [Post link]

True. That's why the server is currently running on 1.9 Pre-release 5: the biome generator has no changes between that one and 1.0. :)

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Pages: 1