Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Concerning Hobbies, What do you do?

Pages: 1

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on October 29, 2012 at 17:52:33 [Post link]

Out of curiosity, which hobbies do you practice on a regular basis?

On my end, I swap between the following:
- Playing video games
- Reading books
- Visiting places
- Watching live-action TV series
- Watching anime
- Programming
- Running this place!

I might be spreading myself too thin, as I don't do each of those activities half as much as I'd like. Focusing on fewer stuff would definitely make things easier, but then, I want to discover a lot of things available on various mediums and places! I could use more than 24 hours in a day.

How about yourself? Any specific hobbies you enjoy?

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on October 30, 2012 at 16:42:43 [Post link]

Some of the list I share with you, as I surely do with others here:
- Playing video games (currently League of Legends and Assassin's Creed)
- Reading books (currently A Dance With Dragons, next up Beyond The Shadows)
- Watching anime (currently Sword Art Online mainly)
- Reading manga and webcomics (Naruto, Bleach - god help me, Questionable Content, Girl Genius, bunch of other irregularly)
- Checking out sports places and doing some running

For half a year, playing video games wasn't on the list simply because I couldn't, as my laptop is no longer capable of it, but now I've got access to a new computer. I used to watch some live-action TV series as well (Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother), but ceased that back then as well. I do occassionally follow Game of Thrones and Doctor Who though.

Since I lost my job a month ago, I've been looking into getting back into a sport, so I've been checking out martial arts dojos nearby and been doing some running.

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

WindRider739
Cyberspace Ghost Hunter

Stream: AAAAAAAAAHAHA it let me add me as a friend!

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Level: 12 [What's this?]
Posted on October 31, 2012 at 17:04:19 [Post link]

Videogames
Reading
Debating
Teaching my son
Eroding the human soul

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on November 4, 2012 at 20:40:45 [Post link]

Mostly weightlifting and playing guitar and writing music.

But mostly weightlifting. Don't have alot of time for many hobbies with my time divided between work and school, and it's necesarry to continue with exercise so my body can stay in the same shape it's in.

RisingDragon
Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
WhiteGlint.EXE
Z-license
Level: 63 [What's this?]
Posted on November 5, 2012 at 0:22:19 [Post link]

I play video games as my hobby. I also write, but sadly I haven't been able to do much of that. Drawing is another thing I like to do, but haven't done much that either--I'd like to post some of my really good work online, but the scanners I have are too small and one of them is total crap anyway.

Edited by RisingDragon on November 29, 2012 at 13:57:02

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
"I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
"OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on November 29, 2012 at 19:38:35 [Post link]

I hibernate in the deep, dark abyss of space for months, maybe years at a time and then arise at the dawning of every Indigo Moon to once again post on Interordi.

... While I hibernate I dream about playing video games and building plastic Gundam models (Mostly 1/144's).

Most of that Video-Game time is devoted entirely to Monster Hunter Tri.

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on February 5, 2013 at 3:04:48 [Post link]

I've become a super-avid book reader after I moved somewhere that has a library within walking distance.

I also play the vidya sometimes. Thankfully not as much as before.

Watching tv. Not usually because I want to.

Walking around. Seeing how far I can walk, then going farther.

I neglect to mention the most important thing because, anyone who's been here over 3 days knows what I do.

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on March 16, 2013 at 10:24:22 [Post link]

I garee with you Dr. Cossack. I don't llike doing only one thing, there are too many good things to do, so do a lot of them. Unfortunately, this sometimes makes me look "bad" in front of people who have more knowledge on every subject - they also have more currency to make the things available; even when I was in Jr. High & high school my parents didn't buy me the stuff that other kids with my interests got. Having had an SNES since I was 7 and having still has it until about 1.5 years ago when my mom threw it out (uh yeah it's worth like $75+ as an "antique" now??), I only had a total of about 20 games - about slightly less actually. That was the system that I've had with the most games, although all versions of Game Boy combined may technically have actually had ownership of more titles 'cause they were frequently stolen and less-often lost. But that wasn't the entry, it's for variety - I have many interests that are unrelated to geekiness in addition to the many requirements that are required in order to be a geek.

Glenn Magus Harvey
Lead character

Posted on May 8, 2013 at 22:01:46 [Post link]

It Just Bugs Me! - a place to discuss media, real life, and other topics.

Sb20
Blogger
SciLab Official

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Michael Jackson Hat Fluttershy Derpy Hooves ... and 20 more

NetNavi:
KARATE003号.EXE
Z-license
Level: 17 [What's this?]
Posted on May 9, 2013 at 6:38:53 [Post link]

I have no hobbies and am completely uninteresting.

Phatman Dover
[REDACTED]

Stream: HQ, my hat looks like a muffin, over.

NetNavi:
Atomsk.EXE
Z-license
Level: 8 [What's this?]
Posted on May 23, 2013 at 10:51:03 [Post link]

I sit on the internet and mock people, mostly.

In seriousness, though, I do a lot of things for hobbies. I enjoy reading(Vonnegut4lyfe) and drawing, along with writing. I've only recently picked up drawing again, but it's certainly fun. I'm actually working on a project right now that I might share in the appropriate forum. No promises, though!

I play a lot of video games. I particularly love RPGs with excellent stories, although I have a particular soft spot for 'get from point A to point B and destroy everything along the way' games. I guess it's the DOOM kid in me. I have clocked over 250 hours in Borderlands 2 alone(I have a problem, I know).

I watch a fair amount of movies as well. I am a B-movie enthusiast to the extreme, and I have a slight guilty pleasure in watching live-action Japanese movies in subtitles. I enjoy a good horror flick, but mostly want to have my mind bent by a movie more than anything. My favorite one is probably Blue Velvet in that respect.

I also sometimes do some tabletop games in my spare time over IRC. I'm currently involved with a bunch of friends from Minnesota in a Zombie-apocalypse themed survival game. It's been going for nearly 3 years, now! We've had to reset the game twice already to level the field and redo the system. Our ultimate goal, besides having fun, is to get it so refined we can publish it and pitch it to a company.

I also enjoy cooking. I am slowly learning how to make certain foods I enjoy for much cheaper than you would usually buy it. I recently figured out how to make a chai tea concentrate that knocks the socks off of the stuff they sell at Starbuck's, and for a hell of a lot less than what they charge! Besides learning how to make tea brews, I enjoy experimenting with certain seasonings and flavors on my food. I make a particularly mean cheeseburger, hand-formed, with bacon and onions strewn throughout.

I think that's about it! So yeah. Stuff!

Edit:

Quote from post #231166:
Originally posted by WindRider739
Eroding the human soul

...No wonder I weigh less!

Edited by Phatman Dover on May 23, 2013 at 6:55:41

Reality swirled in a wholly blue manner, revealing absolutely nothing of merit. Things flashed madly in and out of existence like some entirely other sort of phenomena. On a whim, Kurt Vonnegut imploded, taking a sizeable hunk of Massachusetts with him. However, seeing as Massachusetts wasn't entirely sure it existed, the chunk wasn't all that big.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on May 24, 2013 at 7:11:35 [Post link]

These days I mainly write columns for various sites and papers, lift weights, hang out with my awesome girlfriend, and go drinking/partying. I really don't play too many video games these days beyond a few headliners every year. I honestly spend more time watching a lot of my childhood cartoons than gaming these days. I just finished rewatching the entirety of Batman:TAS.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply