User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Lost and Found, Got Glitched?

Pages: 1

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on January 30, 2013 at 21:48:31 [Post link]

~LOST ITEM RECOVERY THREAD~
Welcome. I thought I'd help out the server by setting up a place where people can make organized requests to have lost possessions reimbursed.

Keep in mind, that under the rules of the server, we are playing "legit", meaning that if you lost your items due to natural causes, such as falling into lava, the staff won't reimburse you.

This thread is purely for recovery requests when the cause is something un-natural and un-fair, such as an extraordinarily rare glitch or perhaps even a server rollback causing you to lose progress.

~FILING A REQUEST~
Filing a request is as simple as making a post in this thread. Your request doesn't have to have any particular format, but must include 3 important pieces of information.

1. You need to include your minecraft player-name. The staff has to know who to give the stuff to, hm? They could look it up, yeah, but why be a douche about it?

2. Include a description of the glitch which caused you to lose your items. Was it a rollback? Did they just mysteriously vanish for no discernible reason?

3. Finally, give a list of the items you recall losing. Try to keep the list narrowed down to important items like diamonds and such. The staff doesn't need to be reimbursing you for lost sticks...

~WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT...~
After you've filed your request, it'll pretty much sit here. Mods and Admins should check this thread the moment they hop on to see if any requests have been made and if the players who made the requests are on. Requests will be filled on the condition that you and a staff are able to meet on the server so the items can be transferred.

~SOME THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU FILE A REQUEST...~
The following scenarios are considered natural causes of item destruction.

1. Items destroyed by fire/lava.
2. Items eaten by a cactus.
3. Items picked up by another player.
4. Items fell into the abyss.
5. Natural item decay.

If you lost your items as a result of death, please go back to where you died and recover what you can if possible. Do not file requests just because you can't remember where you died. Items DO eventually vanish if they just sit around long enough (#5, people), but this is usually takes an incredibly long period of time... so don't give up just because you died in townshend and respawned at the server's initial spawn point. Don't give up, mainly because we don't reimburse for #5.

Edited by FlareMan on January 30, 2013 at 16:09:46

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on January 30, 2013 at 22:09:32 [Post link]

Now, back to the reason I -actually- set up this thread... to make a request, myself!

~PLAYERNAME: Jazz~
I, Jazz, died... nowhere near magma, cacti or the open abyss of Hades. However, upon returning to the death-site (which didn't take long), all of my items were completely missing.

To be honest, I found a lone skeleton wandering who had picked up my ENCHANTED SWORD and DIVING PUMPKIN, but nothing else.

The spot i died in was an open space with no deep chasms nearby for flying items to fall in. No magma and certainly no cacti (caves).

It is highly unlikely that a whole herd of zombies and skeletons swooped in and picked up my items. I already found one and the ability to pick up items from the ground is only granted to a mob very rarely upon spawning, meaning it was likely the skeleton I encountered was the only one in the area capable of stealing my crap.

~THE LIST~
1 Diamond Pickaxe (would prefer 3 diamonds)
2 Buckets of Magma (it's a precious resource!).
1 stack of Watermelon Slices and 8 pumpkin pies.
1 stack of sand (it's non-renewable!)
1 stack of dirt (also non-renewable!)
1 stack of gravel (... don't look at me like that.).
8 pieces of coal (dooon't... )
2 magma creams.
8 redstone dusts.
8 lapiz lazulis.
1 stack of arrows.

Admittedly I was not actually carrying magma creams, but I WAS carrying two fire-resistance potions with the extended property. I ALMOST had a full stack of sand so the extras will help me make bottles and I can pretty much just make some more.

~RESOLUTION~
This claim has not yet been resolved.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on February 1, 2013 at 16:04:40 [Post link]

Quote from post #231470:
Originally posted by FlareMan
Items DO eventually vanish if they just sit around long enough (#5, people), but this is usually takes an incredibly long period of time... so don't give up just because you died in townshend and respawned at the server's initial spawn point.

More precisely, unless there are a lot of people on the server, items will stand on the ground for about 15 minutes. HOWEVER, if there is no one in the affected area, the countdown will stop. This means that, if you died in a remote location and no one (including yourself) is around, items won't despawn until someone gets close by again. This gives you a good chance of recovering your stuff when you're exploring.

Quote from post #231471:
Originally posted by FlareMan
Now, back to the reason I -actually- set up this thread... to make a request, myself!

I first saw this topic when it had only one post, I figured something would follow... :P

Catch me online in-game and I'll hook you up. Don't wait for me on this Saturday though, odds are I won't be there! Of course, if you get to another op faster, that works too.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on February 1, 2013 at 23:31:47 [Post link]

Quote from post #231474:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
More precisely, unless there are a lot of people on the server, items will stand on the ground for about 15 minutes. HOWEVER, if there is no one in the affected area, the countdown will stop. This means that, if you died in a remote location and no one (including yourself) is around, items won't despawn until someone gets close by again. This gives you a good chance of recovering your stuff when you're exploring.

That's pretty interesting... I think you mean that the countdown starts up again when someone gets closeby, though...

Edited by FlareMan on February 1, 2013 at 17:32:34

Pages: 1

New topic Reply