~LOST ITEM RECOVERY THREAD~
Welcome. I thought I'd help out the server by setting up a place where people can make organized requests to have lost possessions reimbursed.
Keep in mind, that under the rules of the server, we are playing "legit", meaning that if you lost your items due to natural causes, such as falling into lava, the staff won't reimburse you.
This thread is purely for recovery requests when the cause is something un-natural and un-fair, such as an extraordinarily rare glitch or perhaps even a server rollback causing you to lose progress.
~FILING A REQUEST~
Filing a request is as simple as making a post in this thread. Your request doesn't have to have any particular format, but must include 3 important pieces of information.
1. You need to include your minecraft player-name. The staff has to know who to give the stuff to, hm? They could look it up, yeah, but why be a douche about it?
2. Include a description of the glitch which caused you to lose your items. Was it a rollback? Did they just mysteriously vanish for no discernible reason?
3. Finally, give a list of the items you recall losing. Try to keep the list narrowed down to important items like diamonds and such. The staff doesn't need to be reimbursing you for lost sticks...
~WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT...~
After you've filed your request, it'll pretty much sit here. Mods and Admins should check this thread the moment they hop on to see if any requests have been made and if the players who made the requests are on. Requests will be filled on the condition that you and a staff are able to meet on the server so the items can be transferred.
~SOME THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU FILE A REQUEST...~
The following scenarios are considered natural causes of item destruction.
1. Items destroyed by fire/lava.
2. Items eaten by a cactus.
3. Items picked up by another player.
4. Items fell into the abyss.
5. Natural item decay.
If you lost your items as a result of death, please go back to where you died and recover what you can if possible. Do not file requests just because you can't remember where you died. Items DO eventually vanish if they just sit around long enough (#5, people), but this is usually takes an incredibly long period of time... so don't give up just because you died in townshend and respawned at the server's initial spawn point. Don't give up, mainly because we don't reimburse for #5.
Edited by FlareMan on January 30, 2013 at 16:09:46
Back from another thousand-year hibernation.