Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on April 4, 2013 at 0:22:53 [Post link]

Well, the development arm of the company, that is.

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 4, 2013 at 2:12:24 [Post link]

Yeah. On one end, I'm sad to see a long and proud legacy end. On the other side, LucasArts hasn't made any games I've wanted to play in close to a decade, so I can't say I'll miss them all that much.

The slow and quiet death of Totally Games (the team behind the X-Wing / TIE Fighter series) is one that bugged me a lot more when it happened. Star Wars: TIE Fighter is my favorite game of all time, and it's sequels weren't half-bad either.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on May 7, 2013 at 14:15:33 [Post link]

I was wondering what they'd do for future Star Wars games. Well, we've got part of the answer today.

It's EA.

Crap.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

WindRider739
Cyberspace Ghost Hunter

Stream: AAAAAAAAAHAHA it let me add me as a friend!

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Level: 12 [What's this?]
Posted on May 7, 2013 at 17:25:09 [Post link]

No double posting. Read the rules.

Yeah, Lucas Arts hasn't been a good company since... probably about 8 years ago. It's a real shame because I remember when they stood with the kings; names like Apogee, ID, Epic Megagames and Sierra. Games like Day of the Tentacle. I said RIP to LA years ago.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 10, 2013 at 4:57:03 [Post link]

I guess Star Wars characters can also fall into the EA Void now

WindRider739
Cyberspace Ghost Hunter

Stream: AAAAAAAAAHAHA it let me add me as a friend!

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Level: 12 [What's this?]
Posted on May 10, 2013 at 15:34:29 [Post link]

I dunno, Hollow. I'm going to give Disney a chance on that one. They know how to make money, and I've been thoroughly impressed with their Marvel work.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 14, 2013 at 18:33:26 [Post link]

No, I am referencing the fact that a great majority of EA games have what I call the "EA Void". Where you fall through a wall, or floor, or object, and end up floating in space for a brief moment until you get warped back, or die.

Or in Nightfire, you just get stuck in the floor and can't get out until someone blows you up with a grenade. :|

They have several other glitches but this one seems the most prominent, and still happens to me in new games.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply