Interordi Menu
Mid-contest reminder, Stone Ville status, Update by Dr. Cossack

Reminder to all players: the building contest currently ongoing in Stone Ville has reached its middle point! You have two more weeks to complete your entry or get started on one, the deadline being on March 22nd at 23:59, Eastern Time! If you haven't begun yet, now is a good moment: several people have done their own entries in a few days only, which means that you have plenty of time to gather your materials, claim a lot and get building!

Speaking of Stone Ville, I'm now opening up the place for more buildings along with larger ones. If you're done with your contest entry (or don't have one!) and want to build something different, you're welcomed to do so. Likewise, you can also make larger builds by knocking down the fence separating two or more lots if you have a bigger idea waiting to be realized. For the sake of the contest itself, however, only one 25x25 lot will be considered by player. If you end up building on more than one area, please mark your contest entry clearly with your name and "Contest entry" on a sign. Also, for all construction works, keep in mind the general theme: ruined city downtown core!

Additionally, some of you might be interested in connecting your entries with the sewers. Salifax, Kagato and a few others are busy working on an extensive sewers network running under most of Stone Ville's streets. You are free to knock down the wall between your basement and the sewers themselves and make a passage of sorts. That area will be another ground to fight the future zombie uprising!

Backer Exodio
Contributor
Lead character
236 posts
100 credits
100 credits
Acquired on 2 April 2014
50 credits
50 credits
Acquired on 2 April 2014

Regarding the sewers, the Y level is 55 for the platforms along the edge of the sewer trough. Please be aware that the sewers are being built "fresh", and then after completed they will be "destroyified".
Since this is not part of the official contest entry, the sewers along your plot will not be considered during the judging. However, if you have an idea that could incorporate the sewers with your plot, knock yourself out. This includes but is not limited to:

- collapse the sewer wall
- put holes in it
- make debris in the sewer
- vine it up!
- replace stone bricks with cracked bricks, mossy, mossy brick, podzol, dirt, soul sand, etc to make it creepy.

For reference on how the sewers might end up eventually, visit the area next to my plot at -2864, -3853. There is a "manhole cover" in the street with a ladder down to the prototype of the ruined sewer look.

Please be respectful of your sewer neighbors, and if you want to "destroyify" a larger chunk, please check with your neighbors and the Stoneville Central Planning Committee (Doc) before going to town.

Backer kagato
Contributor
Superstar!
316 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
100 credits
100 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014
150 credits
150 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014

Grabbed a few shader renders of some of the Stoneville builds for your viewing pleasure.

http://imgur.com/d8THmQU,iCm48HP,JsCSX43,Nr9Ed4s,OwQTCiO,Asn5cXt,Bs1WktP,1x0el1R,TJ5Ng9W,du3zVEd#0

Chuck Norris doesn't need garbage collection because he doesn't call .Dispose(), he calls .DropKick().

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6391 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Looking good! That sky works great as a devastation backdrop, even in broad daylight. I really should play around with texture packs sometime, especially for promotional screenshots.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

doorgunnerjgs
Lead character
174 posts

So. March 22nd has come and gone. What are the results of the great Stone Ville contest?

Exodio's Dad (Salifax's Father)

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6391 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Some problems during the last week have delayed the judging process a bit, unfortunately. We're now waiting on the results from the last judge!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

doorgunnerjgs
Lead character
174 posts

Thanks for the update.

Exodio's Dad (Salifax's Father)