Interordi Menu
Upcoming map trim, maintenance, Update by Dr. Cossack

To help manage server growth and keep things running smoothly, I'm preparing a new map trim operation on the Survival server. The areas marked in red on the map are scheduled to be deleted sometime between Christmas and New Year's Day. Please review them to make sure that nothing of yours is included within. If there is something within these regions that you'd like to keep, please contact me so I can redraw the borders or move your holdings away.

Additionally, old and unused buildings located in and around Central's general area will be put into storage at the same time. This will give a chance for new players to settle more easily around the spawn area. Only buildings made by players that haven't been active in over a year will be cleaned. If you have been away for a long time and are reading this, please contact me in-game or through the forums to tell me which buildings you'd like to keep in place. Active players don't need to do anything on that front, as their work will be preserved as usual.

Finally, it's very possible that the server will be migrated to a new platform on the same day, which implies an IP address change. Please keep an eye on this space for more information on that.

The exact date for the maintenance day will be announced closer to the end of the month!

Backer kagato
Contributor
Superstar!
316 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
100 credits
100 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014
150 credits
150 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014

"possible that the server will be migrated to a new platform on the same day"
Does that mean moving to 1.8 or that the hosting company is migrating/making changes on their end?

Side note, you can probably trim some of the area West of Sanctum. I can make a mark-up when I get home this evening.

Edited by kagato on December 12, 2014 at 20:56:37

Chuck Norris doesn't need garbage collection because he doesn't call .Dispose(), he calls .DropKick().

Staff Backer Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.
566 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker

Could just trim Sanctum completely, cause, it makes us all feel bad.

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6391 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

I didn't mean updating to 1.8 just yet. I want to try switching Raw over to the new Spigot setup first to see how it behaves.

What I meant to say is that I might migrate the Survival server over to an unmanaged web hosting system instead of the dedicated Minecraft hosting account its currently located on, still with the same company. Switching that offers me more possibilities and much more disk space for a somewhat lower cost. Raw has been running on such a setup since day 1 and has been behaving fine overall.

If you have any additional areas up for trimming, please say so! The more we can remove, the better. :)

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Staff Backer Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.
566 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker

Quote from post #235586:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
I didn't mean updating to 1.8 just yet. I want to try switching Raw over to the new Spigot setup first to see how it behaves.

What I meant to say is that I might migrate the Survival server over to an unmanaged web hosting system instead of the dedicated Minecraft hosting account its currently located on, still with the same company. Switching that offers me more possibilities and much more disk space for a somewhat lower cost. Raw has been running on such a setup since day 1 and has been behaving fine overall.

If you have any additional areas up for trimming, please say so! The more we can remove, the better. :)

Speaking of using the new spigot on raw, we know Worldguard 6.0 works with it, and apparently as of 3 days ago, LWC also dropped an update that works in 1.8, so there's that. I think LWC would cut down majorly on the problems on Raw.

Edit: Also Doc feel free to clear up some of that open ocean and isles north of Mine/UE/Ser's isles.

Edited by Masterlink on December 13, 2014 at 15:45:16

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

Backer kagato
Contributor
Superstar!
316 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
100 credits
100 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014
150 credits
150 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014

As far as additional trim areas, was thinking of this:
http://imgur.com/fH8aNMD

Chuck Norris doesn't need garbage collection because he doesn't call .Dispose(), he calls .DropKick().

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6391 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

The map markers have been updated with the feedback I've received so far!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)