Interordi Menu
Avalonia being retired, Gondwana updated, Update by Dr. Cossack

Considering that Avalonia (the survival island) isn't being used and that no one seems to be interested in hosting any projects there, it will be removed from the server in a month. No major structures have been built, so few players will be affected. To anyone who has chests or wants to claim materials from it, you have until April 15 to do so!

Additionally, Gondwana will be spun off on its own server, much like Rodinia is right now. This will free some of the load off the main server and make future maintenance simpler. The change will happen in the coming days and will only require a short downtime of that world; nothing will be lost during the transition, so you don't need to do anything. If you have last logged out in Gondwana, you will find yourself back in Laurasia. Just use the TransHub, as usual, to return to Keystone City and beyond!

Update: Gondwana has been successfully split up!

Staff Backer Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.
566 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016

Looks like I need to prep up for a mining trip to Avalonia...

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

AshaLina
Contributor
Ashsome
130 posts

does that mean WE GET A NETHER IN GONDWANDA

<Ash3

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6392 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote from post #236066:
Originally posted by AshaLina
does that mean WE GET A NETHER IN GONDWANDA

No. :)

It'd be possible, of course, but I feel like that'd be missing the point of the world. Gondwana is about the crazy amplified scenery and hard mode. Any Nether that'd get added would be the same basic, standard world that makes travel way too easy once the tunnels are dug. Gondwana's size doesn't justify the shortcut!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)