Interordi Menu
Donations updates, Patreon campaign launch!, Update by Dr. Cossack

I've updated the Help & Contribute page with some key changes. As a starting point, all mentions of "donations", "donate" and similar have been replaced with "contributions", "contribute" and so on. This is done to avoid business and legal issues with Paypal, considering that neither I nor the Creeper's Lab are registered charities anywhere. As many of you already know, any donations monetary contributions sent my way are used by myself to help cover servers costs and fund future developments. This is only a name change, and doesn't affect anything else.

Launch of a Patreon campaign!

I'd like to take a moment to talk about the Patreon campaign that I just launched!

For those who don't know, Patreon is a crowdfunding platform used to give money to content creators to support them in their ongoing projects. Unlike other platforms like Kickstarter and Indiegogo, however, Patreon works on a monthly or by-release basis, engaging people for longer periods of time.

In this case, I chose to launch a Patreon campaign with a monthly target as the server costs are also monthly: this gives a opportunity for interested people to help on a regular basis, in a simple and centralized way. Note that this isn't strictly for Minecraft: the campaign is for all of my ongoing projects, of which Minecraft takes the largest share of time.

You can register for something as little as $1, $5, $10, or any amount you choose, every month. It's not a lot for you, but it can add up quickly on my end! You're also free to change the amount you give at any time, or even outright cancel straight from the website, as there's no minimum period.

To thank anyone who decides to jump in, I'm adding a few in-game rewards. The most notable one is the option to have a fancy particle trail following you whenever you go on the Minecraft servers! Dazzle others as they stare at your majestic show! For the full list, please see the campaign page.

As always, everyone will be considered equally, contributors and non-contributors alike. We're not going anywhere if nobody jumps in, although we could be going to new places if people get involved!

I invite you to check the page for the full details, and thank you for reading!

Staff Backer Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.
566 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016

FIRST.

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

Backer Coneva
Robot master
81 posts

^^^.
That's cuz you're not a mom. 😜

Backer kagato
Contributor
Superstar!
316 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
100 credits
100 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014
150 credits
150 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014

I should rename my account to Particle_Man :P

Chuck Norris doesn't need garbage collection because he doesn't call .Dispose(), he calls .DropKick().

Backer kagato
Contributor
Superstar!
316 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
100 credits
100 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014
150 credits
150 credits
Acquired on 1 April 2014

Looks like we've already got lots of shiny folks running around. "Shiny happy people holding hands..."

Edited by kagato on May 9, 2016 at 19:02:20

Chuck Norris doesn't need garbage collection because he doesn't call .Dispose(), he calls .DropKick().

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6392 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

No kidding, I didn't expect to be more than halfway toward the second milestone in less than 48 hours! This is a nice surprise. :)

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)