Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: April's Fools Day 2017: the results!, Let's blow stuff up!

Pages: 1

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 2, 2018 at 4:44:55 [Post link]

I'm writing this as a look back to what happened last year. I initially didn't write this as I had the impression that no one was really interested, but I've got some requests for it after all, so here goes nothing!

For this year, I based my work on a classic saying: Kag liked to suggest blowing things up from orbit, while I'd always counter that we should begin with Sanctum first. As such, this map was centered on Sanctum, with no protections included. Every minute or so, a random player among those online would be granted a block of TNT, inciting him to go blow things up. PvP was enabled, so it was also likely that other players would be targets. To increate the risk of explosions, creepers would spawn all over while a strong thunderstorm raged on. Can you say "charged creepers"?

People didn't waste any time laying waste to some areas, especially around the spawn point. Things deteriorated pretty badly over the day, as more and more players joined in.

On the chat front, everyone was labelled as "Admin", making things a bit harder to read than usual. Additionally, a random person sometimes ended up with double brackets around their name. Whenever this happened, they would no longer be able to place or break blocks, which could get annoying fast. Exactly why and how this happened remains a mystery to this day...

As is now tradition, I stuffed the USS Voyager on the map. In this case, it was hidden under a layer of ice West of the train station, calling back to the Star Trek Voyager episode Timeless. Some people had fun by invading it and causing enough damage for a warp core breach!

I know that some people get antsy when the real Laurasia isn't available to play for an entire day. I actually had the server online for anyone that could locate it: its connection point was stuffed in the Games section of the lobby, taking the place of Racing. No one apparently figured it out, though, so it just sat unused.

I don't have detailed stats for this, as I no longer have the detailed logs of the day. What happened in Sanctum will stay in Sanctum...

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Pages: 1

New topic Reply