Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Sea Monkey
Superstar!
Inactive
328 posts

A new Contra (Shattered Soldier) game is coming out for PS2. This one seems to take the old 16 bit classics back into play (except it's in 3-D.)

I just got my PS mag demo and be aware, mark of kri SUCKS! Turok:evolution is coming to PS2 as well.:eek:

Spoiler (click to toggle)
HiGGy's currently working on a MM code archive...

Tenguman
State Alchemist
Inactive
268 posts

I wrather play metal slug it's so cool metal slug have veryy big bosses too

Trying to take over Cossacks board
1.Get support from the members
2.challenge cossack for power
3.defeat the staff
4.Take administrative powers

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
The Keaton Kit
Deleted account

When I first heard about this, I thought the idea was awesome, though when I saw it in action on Extended play, I had second thoughts. I like Contra as much as the next guy, and it plays very much like the great classics, but I think they tried a bit too hard by adding cutscenes and stuff. That's just me, but it seems a bit much for Contra. Give me Contra Advance anyday ^_^.

Tenguman
State Alchemist
Inactive
268 posts

Metal slug is on playstation and so it is not old

3.defeat the staff

Toki
Grammar Nazi
Inactive
111 posts

I love Contra. I like Hard Corps. Even if it IS impossible...

Toki, Official iOekaki FAQ Writer

IRC Goodness of the Update
<Kahn> Cake or DEATHB?
<Kahn> with a B.
<Toki> Um... cake. XD
<Kahn> You win this round.
<Toki> Wheheeeee!! Can I have a cookie? XD
* Kalinka has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
<Kahn> Your cookie will arrive between 3-5 business weeks.
<Toki> Aww, f***.
<Toki> I new there was a catch.
<Toki> Don't tell me I have to pay shipping too.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes; that way, you will be a mile away when you criticize him, and you will have his shoes.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Contra is a good series. But its jump to the PSX sucked ass. I'm not having too much hope for the PS2 game myself.

Manchester Devil
Devil Knight
Inactive
316 posts

I got some Probotector games. Probotector 1 & 2 for the GB and Megadrive*.

Contra=Probotector for those who don't know.

*Genesis.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Contra is Probotector for Europe...up until 1996, anyway.

Vash
Superstar!
Inactive
289 posts

Screw that... I'm interested in that Celebrity Deathmatch game. :P

Sea Monkey
Superstar!
Inactive
328 posts

Stops...
Looks...
And laughs his (_Y_) off! LMAO!

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Chicoboltsi
Deleted account

Contra rules. :) Duke Nukem should be in the series, because he would fit in the series perfectly! :D

---
Girl: Thank you for saving me! How may I ever reward you!?
Duke Nukem: Sorry, MUST be 18 to ride.

Sea Monkey
Superstar!
Inactive
328 posts

After playing this month's demo disc, the vid of shattered soldier looked like the NES classics.

[Edited on 8-10-2002 by Sea Monkey]

Phatman Dover
[REDACTED]
Inactive
737 posts

You know what? I grew up with Contra. I've been playing it for the last 10 years of my life, and I started when I was 5. I think that the jump to the PS2 is insulting the true arcade-ness of Contra.

By the way, graphics aren't everything....

Sea Monkey
Superstar!
Inactive
328 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Phatman Dover
You know what? I grew up with Contra. I've been playing it for the last 10 years of my life, and I started when I was 5. I think that the jump to the PS2 is insulting the true arcade-ness of Contra.

By the way, graphics aren't everything....

That's your cultural opinion. i grew up playing it on my NES in the past as well. You are right, graphics don't make a game, but it does add deph (depending on the circumstances.):rolleyes:

Kujacker
First Mate
Inactive
181 posts

Contra was a fairly decent series, even if I never played any of the games seriously enough to finish them. Doesn't the NES version of the game have that very memorable code: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start (or was there an extra B and A in the code before pressing the Start button)? I guess it's not as memorable as I thought... o.O

So Contra is making the 3D jump, eh? Poor series... I know I won't bother with it. :(

C'mon people... feel the love! Image

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6325 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Kujacker
Contra was a fairly decent series, even if I never played any of the games seriously enough to finish them. Doesn't the NES version of the game have that very memorable code: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start (or was there an extra B and A in the code before pressing the Start button)? I guess it's not as memorable as I thought... o.O

So Contra is making the 3D jump, eh? Poor series... I know I won't bother with it. :(

That's the infamous Konami code! It exists in MANY of their games. In fact, it's even available in the latest Castlevania game!

(BTW, you got the code right ;) )

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Dr.chaos
Splash Cadet
Inactive
613 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Kujacker

HEY!kujacker remembered the code!:cool: anyways hollow you might change your mind about the latest contra...the old developer's of the first games are making this one.....not the people who made those crappy PSONE contra games..

I have been told that the essence of being Splash Woman is not in attaining perfection, but in the attempt.

If so, then Splash Woman in general does not qualify as, well, human.
-Azyeur

Tenguman
State Alchemist
Inactive
268 posts

Metal slug is a classic those kind of games are disappearing fast only 3D games not 2D. Metal slug cool non-stop action lots a weapons my favorite side scrolling game.

3.defeat the staff

Sea Monkey
Superstar!
Inactive
328 posts

OK, I have NOW OFFICIALLY played the Contra: Shattered Soldier PS2 Demo and I'll say one thing:"I love it":cry: Now may those alien bastards from the past NES die like the alien scum they are.:muha:

Tenguman
State Alchemist
Inactive
268 posts

<---Trying to defend metal slug X
I got Contra 1,2 and contra force didn't like it i preffer the much better METAL SLUG X !!!!!!

3.defeat the staff

Banned
199 posts

Contra is awesome, Ive beaten everything for contra except the stuff for the more powerful game systems, Super C's boss enemies i thought were the coolest, All of contra was an adventure, Scorpion and Madddog, Two nasty hot blooded marine exploits, just tear the Red falcon stronghold up, two good fighters, takin firin positions, quick reflexes at their targets and takin no names. ^_^

-LAT NAM

Banned
5 posts

This month is a Contra month on Dwelling of Duels.
http://dod.vgmix.com/current.php

~Zuppahiko~