Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Bon Bonne
Lil' metool
Inactive
9 posts

Yes there is a slight similarity Protoman.EXE having to be using mainly swords and all but let's stick to the facts OK?Zero ins't Protoman.

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

Notice that after you yelled and screamed and argured they stoped posting int his topic knowing they were wrong>>didya notice that fellows?

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowZeroX
Notice that after you yelled and screamed and argured they stoped posting int his topic knowing they were wrong>>didya notice that fellows?

You talking about me? Yeah, but after I made my point, there was some disagreement so we continued to talk some, the maker of the topic isn't the only one who matters ya know

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

I know but they left and usally ou stop talking but I agree Zero is no protoman nor wa she created by light Protman Was created By Dr.light and his assitant Wily Wily then left and turned aganist him.No?

Snakeman.EXE
Artist
Inactive
391 posts

Whait a minute. You think Zero is a she? Or did you mean Protoman?! I hope for your sake that was a type error or else we will have yet another senseless topic about character gender!

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by Snakeman.EXE]

The world is a flaw in a perfect nothing...

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

No the S was suppose to go to was no he sorry about that:P

Zero3.exe
Zero Master
Inactive
72 posts

Protoman was created before any other reploids around. He was created by both Dr. Light AND Dr. Wily. After building Rock (Megaman), Dr. Wily took Protoman and reverted his coding, so that way he was supposedly evil, but he never finished. Zero was created somewhere in between Megaman 8 and X,

Spoiler (click to toggle)
And Zero was considered a maverick because in Megaman X 4, near the end when you fight Sigma with Zero, a clip shows Sigma as a maverick hunter working for Dr. Cain. Yes, Sigma was a Maverick Hunter before X, weird, huh? Also, to tell that Zero was a maverick created by Wily himself, there was a "W" in his crystal on his head during the video clip.

" OMG I KILL YOU ALL!!! " ~ Zeke11 of Coke Studios
(random quote of the week)
now (Its done!! The site is done! mwhahahaa!!)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

When is there evidence that Blues ever works for Wily? MM5 doesn't count.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Zero3.exe
Zero Master
Inactive
72 posts

if you have seen the anime on the Megaman Anniversery Collection you would have seen the episode.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

There was no anime for the original series. It was an American cartoon. Even still, it holds no canon to the series.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Zero3.exe
Zero Master
Inactive
72 posts

read my last reply, play the game, and you'll see that it was a japanese anime redone with american voices (which sucks really bad) Trust me, i saw it with my own eyes. I own the game. i should know. It was based in the begining of the series.

[Edited on 17-11-2004 by Zero3.exe]

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero3.exe
read my last reply, play the game, and you'll see that it was a japanese anime redone with american voices (which sucks really bad) Trust me, i saw it with my own eyes. I own the game. i should know. It was based in the begining of the series.

Mega X.exe is right. The Mega Man show you're talking about was created in 1994 by Ruby Spears Productions, located in the United States, for a North American audiance. The show never aired in Japan. You can find the reference on the Ruby Spears website here.

Also, as Mega X.exe said, the events from the show aren't canon. That means that they don't count in the official timeline established by the games. It was more like a retelling of the story.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

And a poorly done one at that.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
And a poorly done one at that.

That's another topic entirely. :P It's a fun show to watch if you take it separately from the games, without caring about the origins of the characters. It suffers from the comparison with the original material, though.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Zero3.exe
Zero Master
Inactive
72 posts

yeah, i just looked at the site and now i know....( i still think the program sucked, megaman looked like some idiot in a costume :lol: )

[Edited on 17-11-2004 by Zero3.exe]

charles55021
Lil' metool
Inactive

ok guys let me tell you something, if you beat the arcade hit megaman power battles or power battles, its been awhile, basses ending shows zero, and bass reffers to him as some girly bot

dark_lancex
Lil' metool
Inactive
13 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero EXE
Evil Kitty, Protoman is the proto-type of Megaman. Dr. Light created him. Zero is some
new war machine to help Dr. Wily rule the world. With blonde here, Bass must sure be jelouse. Zero shed his virus onto Sigma and became a maverick hunter. Odd, I don't know exactly how itt happened, but I do know it has to do with being punched in his fore-crystal.
So, It couldn't be Protoman. Besides, why would Protoman help Megaman if he was evil?
The point of this technical story line, is to say
Zero has absolutly nothing to do with Protoman!

Maybe but in the original series protoman was working with wily and u have megamanx 4 look at the begining and u will see zero running out of doctor lights lab

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
There was no anime for the original series. It was an American cartoon. Even still, it holds no canon to the series.

He's right not counting mm5 there is none plus the anime series *%#%@&^ was bad.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Beastman.SP
Ownag3!
Inactive
66 posts

OMG Protoman is Prototype of Zero!
I mean "Proto" maybe stands for Prototype but to hide it He named him Protoman so Protoman wouldnot go nuts over being a usless proto type!

Umm that is what I think but it is preety good...

READ DA RULES I BROKE THEM AND NEARLY GOT BANNED!

Read them!
Read them!
Read them!

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Beastman.SP
OMG Protoman is Prototype of Zero!
I mean "Proto" maybe stands for Prototype but to hide it He named him Protoman so Protoman wouldnot go nuts over being a usless proto type!

Umm that is what I think but it is preety good...

Er... since Protoman was the first robot Light and Wily made together... wouldn't that make him "Proto"man as in the prototype of the other robot masters and Megaman...?

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Ding ding ding! Heat gets a muffin.

Proto in Protoman does mean prototype, he was made before Megaman. Course, he's named Blues in Japan.

Slash Beast
Irken Invader
Inactive
545 posts

Alot of people think he is because Dr.Light started working on Megaman to become X and I think since Wily created Zero he problably came from Protoman.

ImageImageImage

Juno
I AM the Iron Pony!!
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Quote:
Originally posted by slash beast
I think since Wily created Zero he problably came from Protoman.

Uhh *clears through*...No.
ZER0 and Blues are not the same person. Even though Blues was made partly by Dr. Wily, Dr. Light also made Blues. ZER0 was ALL Wily, and was "unlike any other", he was his "master piece", and when you think about this you can play MM2TBF (MegaMan 2 The Power Fighters) and beat the game with ProtoMan, but if ya beat it with Bass you see ZER0 for the first time. Now, how could ZER0 be ProtoMan if you can BE ProtoMan in the same game?:rolleyes:
BTW, there was someone who said that the X series and Original series are unrelated...that just can't be--MegaMan turns into MegaManX! I thought for sure you would know this:conf: Odd.

Just in case more people have questions kinda like this, you can always try
The MegaMan HomePage

[Edited on 5-12-2005 by Juno]

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Actually, the creator of Megaman says that Megaman does not become X.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Slash Beast
Irken Invader
Inactive
545 posts

In the srategy guide for MMZ 2 it says that Dr.Light upgraded Megaman to X
and that before Wily actually built Zero he made the plans for it.

So what's going on here? :conf:

ImageImageImage

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Guide = Wrong.

There we go. Simple.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

Yeah, judging by the whole "Bomb Bonne" incident, I'm afraid instruction booklets don't exactly get the benefit of the doubt. :P

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Slash Beast
Irken Invader
Inactive
545 posts

Quote:
Guide = Wrong.

There we go. Simple.
Yeah Capcom doesn't even know what they're doing they're too busy to worry about things like this.

ImageImageImage

Protoman
Master Hunter
Inactive
147 posts

Protoman was created by Wily and Light because the government wanted them to.
Then Wily stole Protoman.
Then Wily started building Zero. (Started when Protoman was still around.)
They are different robots.

And Megaman is just an updated bultlerbot to fight Wily and his evil robots.
Yes, servent boy.

"I think i'll shoot my way through, mix things up a bit." - MC

Ribitta
Rampant
Inactive
1303 posts

And now people (not all) are mad at them because robos cause destruction :rofl: