Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Dr.chaos
Splash Cadet
Inactive
613 posts

okay you know how sometimes your reading a game magazine and you think they totally gave a game a bad review?well write a review for a game aand post it here.

I have been told that the essence of being Splash Woman is not in attaining perfection, but in the attempt.

If so, then Splash Woman in general does not qualify as, well, human.
-Azyeur

THE FROZEN
Lead character
Inactive
155 posts

wish i could, i live in israHELL, we once had some magazines but they had no cash and they just disappeared...
anyway, i will write a review on a RPGMAKER2000 game called TLOTE

Graphics:10
Sound:10
Characters:10
Story:10
Overall:10

AWESOME GAME
(made by me:lol::lol::lol:)

Battle routine, Set!!
Execute!!

Dr.chaos
Splash Cadet
Inactive
613 posts

Thanks for replying to my topic i thought no one would(whats a matter people?got no journalistic skills?)say uhh...whats your game about?:conf:

I have been told that the essence of being Splash Woman is not in attaining perfection, but in the attempt.

If so, then Splash Woman in general does not qualify as, well, human.
-Azyeur

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Chicoboltsi
Deleted account

Quote:
Originally posted by dr.chaos
Thanks for replying to my topic i thought no one would(whats a matter people?got no journalistic skills?)say uhh...whats your game about?:conf:

Jounalistic skills... Yes, I have such a skill... it's better than my english! :lol: I guess... :rolleyes:

BladeZero
Servbot
Inactive
24 posts

I got a game i'd like to review but they probly gave it a good one it's Megaman Battle Network 3

Graphics:10/10
Characters:10/10
Story:11/10
Overall likeness:15/10!!!

this game is ALSOME! just like all the other Megaman games

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by BladeZero]

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by BladeZero]

S.T.Z.
Hello Zombie
Inactive
995 posts

Actuly i've never seen a good review for any MM game's in magizine's.
Also there was a topic like his awhile ago

#mmpc lurker
I request that Doc bans every single last member of this board, then does a merry little dance in his underwear. Just for the hell of it. Don't copy and paste this into your signiture.
note; I don't post much anymore.

Gutter Mouth
Plastic Grass
Inactive
653 posts

i want to review a game! alright let me think.... ok! got it!

Evolution Worlds
for Nintendo Gamecube

This game really sucked.... 0/10

THE END!:D

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Become Dr. Cossack's waifu
Acquired on 20 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

Megaman Zero
console:GBA
story:7/10
strategic skills:10/10
sounds:9/10
likeness:10/10
Would I play this game again:No

Overall this is a good game to play if ou are a true MEgaman fan.The story isnt that great due to the fact that the once legendary reploid,X has turned on you.That was the main playable character so thats what caused the downfall.The music went pretty well but was sort of to cartoony for my taste.I would not play this again due to the length of the game.I enjoyed playing it though and cant wait for MMZ to come out!

I have the longest one here!Woo hoo!

Blade
Lil' metool
Inactive
2 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by VicKun
Actuly i've never seen a good review for any MM game's in magizine's.
Also there was a topic like his awhile ago
who cares if there was a topic like this before everyone does it.

Gutter Mouth
Plastic Grass
Inactive
653 posts

come on now don't be rude Blade.....be nice:devil: oh..... i mean :D.....

Josh
Servbot
Inactive
21 posts

Megaman Battle Network 4 Blue Moon

Graphics:9.0
Sound:10.0
Characters:10.0
Story:6.0
Overall:9.0

Image WOW o.o i need this!

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

Oh! I can put up a review I did of MegaMan-2! Lemme see if I can find it.

*Finds an old book in his basement and blows the dust off of it.*

... Yup! here it is. It's a bit old, but it's accurate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a while back in 1987 A star was born.. Or rather, A hero. And this hero's name was... MEGAMAN!! The very first MegaMan game was an arcade game.. meaning there was a score. The game did not include passwords just yet, so it had it's few problems, however, MegaMan's name became famous nevertheless.. and as MegaMan's popularity grew, so did the demand for a sequal.. So Capcom let the public have just what they wanted.. and with that said, MegaMan-2 Was born! Unlike it's ancestor, MegaMan-2 was not a score-keeping game, and instead, was just a game to have fun with and keep at home next to all your other Megaman games. Although still lacking what later MegaMan games would soon add in, MegaMan-2 is, nonetheless, the ignition for the fuel that powered the popularity for the MegaMan series. This game finalized a very important tradition that hasn't been broken since. The Robot Master count was set to 8. And with that, Players had even MORE useful weapons to choose from. Although still lacking the new abilities of our present-day hero, This old man still deserves a round of applause.

Name: (Obvious.)
Genre: 2-D Side-scrolling action/adventure "BLAST-THINGS-TO-FREAKING-PEICES" game!!

Platform: NES.

Comments: I love this game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Plot...

After his defeat in MM1, Dr.Wily escaped from prison and sent out 8 new Robot Masters of his own to help him in his bid for world conquest. MegaMan is sent out to battle the evil Robots and their demented master once more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Good, the Bad, and the Other......

Lets start with the Bad-news.. that way I can cheer you up with the Good news later on.

-Con. Weapon Switching.

You can only switch weapons if whatever weapon you've fired is completely off the screen. And this can be a real pain in some areas. BUT WAIT! There's ANOTHER downside! If you're on a ladder, than pausing will cause you to let go, and therefore, drop off and fall into a pit and/or spikes. Not fun...

-Con. Robot Master order.
The Robot Master weaknesses are not easily discovered.. somehow you think you might have found one weakness, but it turns out somebody else is weaker against it.. It takes a LOT of tries, but there IS a definite order. It's just really hard to find.

((And here it is: HeatMan>WoodMan>AirMan>CrashMan>FlashMan>QuickMan>MetalMan>BubbleMan) )

-Con. Lack of stuff.
Remember, this is the second MegaMan game EVER made, so you can expect some stuff to be missing that the other games have.

1. Rush. Sorry, MegaMan's still a lonely little blue bomber without a goofy sidekick mutt.

2. Protoman (Blues), ProtoMan was created BEFORE MegaMan.. but he's not in this game.. OR the first.. why is that?

3. Sliding. No sliding.

4. No Megabuster.. no charging.. oh well.

That's it for the bad news so far. Now for some good news!

+Pro. BG Music.

Considering when this game was made, it's probably apparant why most of the game music sounds like Disco Fever. Not that that's a BAD thing... *Boogies* My favorites are MetalMan's stage and BubbleMan's stage. After some consideration, I'm slightly fond of CrashMan's stage too. (And he's my favorite Robot Master.)

+Pro. Plasma Cannon.

Megaman doesn't have his charge shot, but his Plasma shots do considerable damage. AirMan takes the greatest amount of damage from this. But I wouldn't start with him.

+Pro. Robot Master weapons.

Most of the weapons you get are Pretty useful, Some weapons you may find to be usefull for diddly squat, but eventually, you'll find yourself needing to use them later. So every weapon in this game has a special purpose and nobody gets left out.. ^_^

+Pro. Animation.

For a game as old as it is, The animation is not too bad. I like Crashman's "Drop bombs on you in mid-air" sprites.

That's it for Pros and Cons. now for some OTHER stuff I just noticed.

~Other. This game has some GOD-AWFUL cover art!!! Sorry, but I just can't STAND IT!!!!

~Other. When MegaMan fires his weapon, his other arm curls into his armpit. Has anybody else noticed this, Or is it just me?

~Other. Boss Weaknesses.
Some Bosses are SO weak against one weapon, that it usually only takes three or four hits to kill them off. This can be good or bad. Good because you finish the fight without going through too much trouble.. Bad because it's just no fun sometimes....

~Other. Speaking of which, MetalMan's BIGGEST weakness is the flop of all time. In Wily's fortress, part-5, Hit MetalMan with one of his own blades to kill him in one easy hit.

~Other. What's the deal with the floating red-head thingies in AirMan's stage??

~Other. If you hit QuickMan with the Bubble Lead, Metal Blade, or his own weapon, He becomes paralyzed for a second, standing completely still with his hand raised in a blocking position. It also makes that clink sound. Anybody ever notice THAT?

~Other. The Time stopper can stop ANYTHING.... Anything and EVERYTHING in the game.. but only one Robot Master takes damage from it. It's a great weapon, but it would be neater if you could fire your Plasma cannon while it was going,

~Other. In the Third Part of Wily's Fortress, The boss is actually a remade GutsMan-tank. Go figure.

~Other. During the Robot-Master intro.. If you hit Down, Start, and the A-Button before the stars appear, they'll change into little bomb-birds.. it's not useful, and it doesn't give you 99 extra lives or anything.. but it's kinda cute.

~Other. The Ending is nice.. but it doesn't seem to mean anything.. But as MegaMan walks, the seasons change, and so does his appearance. Including all of the Robot-Master weapons, the seasons are,

Fall: With Leaf-Sheild leaves falling in the background, and MegaMan wearing his "Atomic Fire" colors.

Winter: With Metal-Blades falling like snow in the background and MegaMan wearing his "Bubble Lead" colors.

Spring: With Quick Boomerangs falling like flower petals in the background and MegaMan wearing his "Crash Bomber" colors.

And

Summer: With Time-Stopper stars falling like rain in the background and MegaMan wearing his "Air Shooter" colors.

Just thought I'd point that out. ya know?

That's it for that.

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

metool
Superstar!
Inactive
1861 posts

Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Playstation
Graphics 6/10
Sound 7/10
Plot 5/10
Characters 7/10
Total 7/10
Summary
This is an average game, thes story is very short, but it still is fun to play every now and then, a person who has never heard of Megaman probably wouldn't like it that much, whereas someone who has wouldn't mind playing it despite it's storyline.

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

Tales of Symphonia
GCN

This is an incredible game with a great story, beautiful environments, and characters that are well developed in both design and personality. This is hands down the best RPG I've ever played. My favorite part about it is the ever obvious anime influence.

The story itself is interesting and has many plot twists, several of which are unexpected. I thought I could figure out anything they could have put in the story, but ToS managed to throw me some curve balls.

One of the most addictive parts of the game is the battle system. It's real time and you have three other characters that can be controlled by the computer or your friends. Don't feel like fighting? Not a problem! Simply switch your character to automatic mode and watch the battle while you eat a sandwich. However, it's much more gratifying to slay the monsters yourself.

This is a great game to check out, especially if your an anime fan. Even if you're not, this is still an incredible "don't miss"!

Graphics: 9.5/10
Sound: 9.5/10
Story: 10/10
Characters: 10/10
Battle System: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

To Guttermouth: How dare you insult Evolution Worlds?! That was a great game! I don't care what anyone else says! I loved that game! Except for the fact that the battles got a little tedious. Other than that, it was great!

[Edited on 8-8-2004 by BladeMan.EXE]

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Banned
962 posts

MegaMan: The Power Fighters review: Once upon a.. forget it! Power Fighters is cool, the gameplay rocks, graphics are good, and the music is appropiate, at least in SlashMan's stage, my computer is playing the song now! Get the game for the GC Anniversary Collection, screw the PS2, and get a dang GC!

[Edited on 27-8-2004 by Kiryu]

[Edited on 27-8-2004 by Kiryu]

s8.invisionfree.com/Kirby_X

All your muffins are belong to us!

1954-2004
Happy 50th Birthday, Godzilla!

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum
Follow the glowing link to find a GREAT Godzilla Message Board!

Gutter Mouth
Plastic Grass
Inactive
653 posts

First off Blademan I Evolution Worlds was alright I guess, just after you beat the first (randomly generated) dungeon, every other dungeon was the same thing pretty much. Beating it seemed more like a chore than fun, to me at least.

Second, Kiryu damn it.... You post too damn much. You've been here for a few days over a month and you have already way over 100 post counts. To me it just seems that your after post counts rather than actually contributing your thoughts. Just now I was in the Chit-Chat and you had posted in 8 different old topics. I'm thinking it's just bothering me but please... cut down a little.

Er.....

Terranigma for SNES

Pretty good game... I like it...

9/10

I know it wasn't really the most "in-depth" review ever but, it will do....

[Edited on 21-8-2004 by Gutter Mouth]

Mike
Superstar!
Inactive
446 posts

.hack//Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine.

Graphics: 8.5 (In-game sprites are... okay, but movie scene graphics are great.)
Sound: 8.5 (The players walking around town should have voices, it would make it alot better)
Characters: 9.0 (-1 point for Nuke Usagimaru.)
Story: 10.0 (EXCELLENT!)
Overall: 9.0

[Edited on 24-8-2004 by Mike]

Dark Assasion Zero
Master Assasion
Inactive
250 posts

Kingdom Hearts

Graphics:10/10
Sound:10/10
Control:10/10
Sound:10/10

You start out as this boy called Sora who is having a dream, he in a dark place and during this time he makes choices on his stats. For instance there are three items, a sword, a staff, and a shield. You are forced to chose one and sacrifice another(if you choose sword and sacrifice staff you will have high attack, low magic, and medium defense.) which will effect the move you learn and which parts of your stats will go. Sora lives on an island surrounded by water, only his family and some other familys stay there now. But one night you get sucked into a dark hole and is transported to another world, that where he meets Donald and Goofy(yes disney characters). They team up to seal keyholes that lead to the heart of the world with a keyblade only Sora can use, before the enemy called heartless steal the heart of the world to cause the planet to disappear. You travel to many different disney areas(Aladin,The little Mermaid,Peter Pan) which meet other heros to help you on your quest(good guys in the movies help you, bad guys in movies are with the heartless). The fighting is excellent and in real time, you control everything he does,moving,attacking,blocking,magic casting.Voice overs are great and accurate. This is a game to nuy for kids and teens alike for even with disney characters it is still awsome. Squaresoft characters make the scene too,Wakka,Tidus,Cloud,Squall/Leon,Sepheroth,Tifa, and Aeris(Aerith). You fight all the squaresoft characters and will find you can easily beat all of them except Sepheroth who will beat the(i have to say this)CRAP out of you before you even lay a hand on him. All in all this game is great and a must buy for RPG lovers!

[Edited on 26-8-2004 by Dark Assasion Zero]

I am the Dark Assasion you are my next target.BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Image I shall destroy the puny mortals!

One of my favorite sites.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/

Banned
962 posts

*Comes back with an old book* Well, since I can review any game, I'll get a crack at MegaMan 8.
===========================
SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

MegaMan 8, a gem in my stash, a fun, refreshing, game.

Specs.
Graphics: 9/10, Capcom has a slight over-head view for this game , so you can see some thickness in the ledges and platform.

Sound: 8/10, Capcom removed Japanese lyrics in the opening, so, someone can translate the lyrics? The music is good, ClownMan's music sounds like Tetris Attack.

Sound Effects: 10/10, the effects are decent, and good, I like the "Jump, Jump, Slide, Slide" thing grates me bit as opposed to the Japanese counterpart: Jumpinga, Slidinga!"

Character: 10/10, Duo, is a welcome addition, and my favorite, and the Masters act like funny people.

Replay Value: 7/10, the bolts are limited, unlike MegaMan 7, where bolts are dropped by robots and dug up with Search-Rush.

Plot: 10/10, don't have much to say.

Story Summary:

Spoiler (click to toggle)
2 robots were waging war in space, when 1 fell to Earth, while MegaMan & Bass were fighting, MegaMan got an urgent messege from Light, and wen to a secluded island, MegaMan found Wily, and the other 'bot, it was sent to repairs, MegaMan then proceeded to Wily's fort, won, the end.

PSX and Saturn diffrences:

PSX
You get a li'l booklet, with the Asian covers and more info.

2 buttons are assinged to jump and shoot.

Saturn

You get a voice test, song test, fan-art, and
offical art, right in the game itself.

In the Saturn version, you can fight CutMan and WoodMan, they don't appear in the PSX one, and you don't get their weapons.

1 button is assigned to jump.

Transcluensy details in water are diffrent.

TenguMan's stage music is diffrent.

3 buttons are assigned to shoot.

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

Zero EXE
Infected Data
Inactive
944 posts

OMG!! I REMEMBER!

Game is Seseme Street for NES

THIS GAME SUCKS! END OF DISCUSION!

MegaMan Zero Series, thumbs up ALL the way! IT ROCKS!

Shaq-Fu foe the SNES was crappy. I HATE those kind of games!

I know, I'm so nice!

ILLUSION OF GAIA AND CHRONO TRIGGER RULES!!!!!!

Image Do I look like I'm joking?
I didn't want to have to do this, but.....
Read Me!

Random Guy: Who are you? What planet are you from? Who is your leader?
Me: Dude, it's Toast...
Random Guy: Oh...Hello, Toast! Take me to your leader!

Quote of the Week... "Butter Toast! Hello Chicken!"

Quote of the Month... "D.A.R.E. Drugs Are Really Exciting"

Banned
962 posts

MegaMan X4

Graphics:10/10, the bio-lab stairs look good;).

Voice-work:9/10, X's voice, especially in the FMV, really sounds like a....girl, who is trying to escape from Godzilla and screaming.

Plot:10/10: Not 1, but 2 plots, for X and Zero.

Music:10/10, the music stands out pretty well, especially Magma Dragoon's stage music.

Characters: 5/10, Iris gets on your nerves, and Double, is..Jell-O-y, Magma Dragoon standed out from Iris and Double, and Sigma said for him to join, since he has chocolate-chip cookies.

Polish: 10/10, Sigma carries, a croqet club to bonk you constantly on the head, and proof he is the Grim Reaper.

Replay Value: 10/10, not much to say.

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

Serpentarius
13th Zodiac Sign: Snake
Inactive
529 posts

Platform: Playstation 2
Name of the Game: Dark Cloud 2
Genre: Adventure/RPG

Graphics: 6/10
Voice Work: 7/10
Plot: 9/10
Music: 5/10
Characters: 5/10
Polish: 3/10
Replayability: 10/10

Well, to start, Dark Cloud 2 is really and truly one of the most in-depth, engrossing games ever to grace the PS2. A story of a young boy from the past, heir to a mysterious stone, travelling with a princess of the future sent to aid the boy in his journey across the land to fix the time stream damaged by the nefarious Emperor Griffen, the plot is thick and draws you in quickly, which may be a minor flaw. However, the graphics are decent, having a sort of cel-shaded look to them that gives them a nearly storybook-like feel.

The voices are believable, except for the Princess, and fit well with the character. Speaking of characters, the game has several races, including a rabbit-like race and a variety of monsters with different characteristics and abilities. You may be agrivated by the mannerisms of the characters. for example, the main character also searches for his mother throughout the story. he only refers to her as "mother", no mom, mommy, or name, just "mother". The game has a tendency to repeat itself, and even though each character looks different, they all have the same basic personality.

Most of the game shines beautifully, but some of the major plusses for the RPG can also be some of the drawbacks. For example, you will at certain points be able to "Terraform" the land, to save the future existance of something...Or something like that, anyways. This can be annoying, as you will quickly run out of items for building, and scavenging or buying supplies is no picnic for either your sleep habits or your in-game pocketbook, respectively. Also, you have the ability to play golf, take pictures, defeat all enemies, fish, or fulfill a special requirement, all for medals which can in turn be traded for new outfits. (guys will enjoy this little plus, especially for the princess;)) This may sound like hours of replayability (which it is), as well as bundles of fun (which it isn't). Switching between weapons and characters can be cumbersome, and running through varying levels that are randomly laid out can become very annoying very quickly.

All in all, the game is addictive at first and can be replayed until either you or your PS2 dies, but it lacks the organization to keep you interested long enough to finish. we at Serpentarius give it a 4...out of 5.

[Edited on 8/30/04 by Serpentarius]

All shall bow to the mad l33t skillz of Tauman.EXE, found on the site above!

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals
Inactive
2437 posts
Caprice
Caprice
Become Dr. Cossack's waifu
Acquired on 20 April 2012
Rin Tezuka
Rin Tezuka
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Engineer
Engineer
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Spy
Spy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Soldier
Soldier
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 22 more

SONIC ADVANCE 3

"Gotta Go Faster Faster..."

STORY:0/10. What story? As most Sonic Games,no one really needs a story,and hardly one is ever given,therefor,no story=No grade. Duh. =P

Characters: 9/10:Ok,each characetr has there own personality and ability(IE Sonic's spped) Which deserves a 10 for originality. HOWEVER,thos guys did it again,bringing back a dead character.revamping,and putting him in(Emerl AKA Gemel in this game. Remodled).

Gameplay 10/10:This is different from other gamesmthis,you explore a huge map collecting CHAO! And 3 acts prove more of a challenge than 2.Also,I need to mention team action,in which your main character uses your partner to use new tricks,and also occasionally adjust to where the trick is part of you,no team acton needed.VEry unique.

Music: 10/10: Orginal and sticks to old school. Always and forever,the music will blow you away.

---
BWAH! Hows that?

Mystic
Superstar!
602 posts

Ill do a review on fire emblem for gba.

graphics: 5/10
The graphics werent that good, except in battle. The battle graphics werent really distinctive between characters except the lords, nergal, ninian, nils, and the dragon.

sound: 8/10
It had some pretty good music and sound effects.

story: 8/10
The story was ok, It was a little choppy, but some missions dont go with the story.

Characters: 9/10
There was a good variety of characters and attacks. Some were powerful, and some were weak. A good variety.

Likeness: 9/10
It is a very fun game but very hard.

Overall: 7/10
There are some major problems that can cause you to start over. First, if you try to train every body, you'll only get to about level 5 by the time you reach the end of the game (you wont make it that far at that level). So try training like 7-8 people and stick with them (lords are a must-have!) Second, you cant go back to previous chapters to train your people if they are weak. Third, the most dangerous thing of all, when someone is defeated in battle, they are gone for the rest of the game. That's why if I lose a person, I shut it off and start the stage over. If one of your 3 lords are defeated, the game ends and you lose.

There are some good things too, you dont have to save in the middle of the battle, it is a temporary save right when you shut the system off. When you turn it back on, you can choose to continue where you left off in the battle, start over on the stage, or play a different file (if you start over on a stage, or play a different file, your temporary save for the battle will be erased and you'll have to start the stage over.

That's my review, I hope you like it.

Wow... its been so long since ive been on here... 04.07.2010

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

WAR-WIND
The review...

Our distant rhealm, Yavaun...
Our dangerous world, Yavaun...
Sweet, beautiful, and deadly.
What voice can sing it's praise?
What testimony can capture the grace of this, our mighty homeland!

Wise Yavaun, you teach your children well.
For conflict is the great teacher, and pain... the perfect educator.

My Tha'Roon...
How strong your minds...
How weak your bodies, that you must inslave the..
Eaggra, Yavaun's passionate builders.

Oh! Noble Obblinox!
You will take the first blows, meant for others.
In time, Obblinox turn against Tha'Roon,
and all Yavaun is at war...

Oh save my simple Shama'Li.
You, alone, do the spirit work.
Defending the weak, preserving the ancient sites.
You alone protect the old ways,
for you await my return...
The return of Naga-Rom.

This is the stunningly well-worded intro to a stunningly brilliant game. The name barely does it any justice, though it is appropriate.

The story, and the game, takes place on a distant and alien world called "Yavaun". Four seperate alien races are about to engage in a great war to end all wars, and only one side can acheive victory. The first race is a species of purple-skinned, long-headed serpents called the Tha'Roon. This race has been the dominant and ruling race of Yavaun for thousands of years, building their empire upon the loyalty of the Obblinox soldiers, and the forced labor of the Eaggra workers. The Obblinox are an honor-bound race of physically powerful warriors. These creatures are somewhat large with three elephant-like legs, and box-like heads with tiny eyes. For thousands of years, they've obeyed their Tha'Roon masters without second thought, but now that the Eaggra have revolted, the Obblinox begin to see deeper into the black hearts of their overlords, who have commanded them to quell the rebellion at all costs. The Eaggra are a race of plant-like creatures with tentacles for arms and legs and giant eye stalks. Though they don't mind, and are rather accustomed to, hard work and grueling labor, the Eaggra wish to be free. Free to build their own houses and settlements, free to raise their children and free to construct buildings of their own desire. But for thousands of years, they have been doing the exact opposite. Slaving to build luxurious homes and various vehicles for the Tha'Roon, and kept in check by the brutal Obblinox guards. They now seek freedom from their enslavers, and will kill all who stand in their way. The Shama'Li, the peaceful, fourth race of Yavaun, are a race similar to stereotypical aliens with large heads and seemingly jointless arms and legs. They beleive in the power of spirit, and have made it their goal to bring peace to all the races of Yavaun. They wish only to preserve the ancient ways, and help those in need, but they will soon find that, in a world at war, sometimes doing the right thing includes fighting. And now the Shama'Li must prepare for war. To defend their hallowed sites, and the peace of all of Yavaun.

As you can see, each race has it's own different storyline, and unique set of characters, but it doesn't end there! Each race also has different names for the various buildings they create, the weapons they weild, and what abilities their leaders posess. Also, there are special, powerful units that can be acheived by training various units to certain degrees. In every game, you control a small number of units, always included is the Clan Leader, if that specific unit dies, your game ends. You must protect the leader and destroy the enemy armies all at once. You do things like Researching new units, upgrades to enhance stats of each unit, and, of course, gathering resources to do it all! War Wind is a wonderfully complex game, and though some may complain, those of us who like the challenge will look no further.

~~Positives/Negatives~~

Good stuff.

1. The first thing that sticks out to me in this game is the variety of different units! Each race has it's own unique name for it's individual units, and each unit has it's own abilities, This is a great advantage, because it allows you to pick the race that suits your playing style. You can develop different strategies depending on what race you play. And not only to the races look and act different, they even sound different! Yes! Each race speaks it's own unique language. You just have to admire the work that went into this game.

2. Though the game and all it's features are complex, it all can be done with a simple point and click of the mouse! Everything you need to know is explained in the manual, and anything that's not mentioned is usually unimportant, or a surprise! It's a complex game that's easy to learn after just a few missions, and it's all in real-time! I myself am completely breathless at how complex, yet simple the interaction is!

3. Another thing that stuck out to me is the detailed and sometimes emotional plotlines. Each unique race has a different story and goal to acheive, and after each mission, you get to view a cinematic depending on wether you failed, or succeeded. The animations (for the cinematics) are in 3-D renderings, and are very impressive considering the time it was released.

4. There's something to be said about a game that features units that can be upgraded. Unlike WarCraft, Most of your units must start out as simple workers. As you gain resources, you must construct different buildings, where your workers can be trained into fighters, spellcasters, and scouts! Spells and advnaced units (Like higher-level warriors, or advanced workers) must sometimes be researched before they become available. Also, a new special feature specifically for this game, called Bio-Upgrades, can be researched. Depending on the type of Bio-Upgrades you've researched and posess, your units can upgrade different aspects of their stats. The Speed upgrade allows units to move faster over terrain, obviously, the Strength upgrade will increase the damage your units can do with their blows, and even allow some units to carry more items. (The max is two, some can only carry 1 before their strength upgrade.), Vision will allow a unit to see further into the fog of war around them, Stealth will increase a unit's ability to hide near the enemy, and the Resiliance upgrade will allow a unit to take more damage, though it does tend to slow the unit down again.

5. To wrap it all up, this game has a multiplayer option, that allows up to 8 players (Including a computer opponent) on a single map! Go head-to-head with your War Wind buddies in a power struggle to acheive your goals, while at the same time, stopping others from doing the same. You can participate in an all out war! Or other specific-goal games, like Rabbit, Seven vs the Computer, Team wars, Capture the flag, and others! Any strategy game should have a multiplayer option, is it any wonder that War Wind stands above the rest? With it's unique races and several different players allowed on one map, countless things could happen at any given time! It's a wonderfully unique and complex game that allows for any number of possibilities on the battlefeild.

Bad stuff.

1. One of the main complaints about this game is it's sheer difficulty in some parts. Some can get so hard that you play it more often than you breathe, and it gets repetitively annoying. But more experienced players will like it just fine. Personally, the only time I've encountered a difficult scenario was when I didn't have easy access to large amounts of resources... And sometimes, you are placed on a map lacking in forests or crystal, making it extremely difficult to build up an army to complete the scenario.

2. Sometimes, a unit will get stuck somewhere and won't do anything for a while (Most of the time, this happens around a courthouse, and your workers will just stand there until you sort out the mess yourself.), and other times, you'll tell a unit to go somewhere, and they'll decide to take a shortcut through the enemy base. So sometimes, it's necessary to map out an exact course... which can get tiring.

~~Score~~

Plot: 10/10 Wonderful!
The plot had me captivated. I sometimes find it hard to beleive it isn't a novel yet...

Graphics: 9/10 Nice.
The graphics on the game aren't all too special. But they don't suck either. It's great, I just don't find myself cheering at it. What really caught my eye was the 3-D graphics in the cinematics in the intro and during missions... Those... were just awesome...

Gameplay: 10/10 Perfect!
It all happens in real time. And the game has so many complex features that are simple enough to learn. And if you don't know how to do something, you can refer to the manual. Most of the time, you can still win a battle without knowing any of the more complicated commands anyway.

Music: 8/10 Pretty good.
The music plays throughout the entire scenario. My only problem is that you have to change it yourself if you want another tune, but even that is easy to accomplish.

Sounds: 9/10 Suits the game.
The sounds are well done and always go well with whatever action is being performed. Also, each race has it's own language, and units can say any number of things depending on what you tell them to do.

Replay value: 10/10
There's so much to do! And so many different races to choose from, so many maps and creatures... There's no way you'll stop playing this game, even once you've beaten it!

Difficulty: Hard
This game can get annoyingly difficult in some parts. Apparantly, the game has set difficulty levels for each race. According to the manual, you'll want to start with a Tha'Roon campaign if you're new to the game.

~~Overall: 9/10~~

There's hardly anything wrong with this game (Aside from the difficulty, which you'll get used to, anyway.). And the few things that are don't really take away from the overall positive side. I enjoy this game and play it whenever I can. If you're lucky enough to find it, get it. That's all I have to say.

[Edited on 3-9-2004 by FlareMan]

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

Banned
962 posts

Game: Gitaro Man.

Platform: PS2
==================================

Graphics: 0/10. The graphics are warm, but not fuzzy, like Evolution Worlds.

Animation: 2/10. What animation? Bad. Sprites seldom move

Music: BOMB! The instruments are ear-grating, better play the game with ZERO volume. Lyrics in 2nd Stage are bad.

Plot: BOMB! The generic save-the-universe plot. Blech...

Replay Value: 2/10.

Title: BOMB!

Characters: BOMB!

Voice Work: BOMB!

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

Banned
26 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by THE FROZEN
wish i could, i live in israHELL

Yo,i know you are talking about the country but my name is Jose Israel Navarro

I find that offensive,but i dont hate you.

On TOPIC:Super Mario RPG legand of the 7 stars

Grphics:6

Violence:3

diffulculty:medium

I'm a dinosaur

Bowlman
Mentally Retarded
Inactive
311 posts

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Console: PlayStation2

Graphics: 8.5/10 the hair of the characters are sometimes messed up and there mouths dont move along with the words and the fingers are wierd.
Sound: 9/10 The mucis is pretty god and the voice acting isn't bad, but not too good either.
Plot: 3.5/10 This game hardly have any plot. First it's about saving a girl, then turns to looking for the girl, then its fighting to get out of jail then to fighting the so called "creater of earth" to stop him from destroying earth. The plot just keeps jumping.
Characters: 9/10 The characters are pretty well made.
Gameplay: 10/10 The gameplay rocks. But the more you play it, the more boring it is.
Replay value: 10/10 You unlock different modes to play in and you can't collect all the trophies all in one game save and plus you can't et all the endings in one game save either.
Overall: 9.5/10 This game rocks!

Banned
962 posts

Back-2-Back Review!!!!!!
==================================
Game #1: Katamari Damacy.

System: PS2.

Graphics: 10/10. The graphics are, like Evolution Worlds's graphics.......

Music: 20/10. Why a 20? Simple: The greatest sound-track EVER!!!! *Hums the theme song* The music during the time the King talks to you is cheesy, in a good way.

SFX: Ditto with music.

Plot: The King of the Cosmos got drunk and ACCIDENTLY destroyed every star, and the moon. YOU must roll around, collecting stuff! YAY!

Polish: 20/10. Whhy 20? Simple: THe CUT-SCENES! They are the FUNNIEST, and have NOTHING to do with the game!

Misc: 20/10. The Vs mode is fun, and more good stuff.....
===================================
Game #2: Rockman X3

System: PSX

Graphics: 10/10. The graphics are the same as it's SNES brother.

Animation: Ditto with graphics.

Music: 1000/10. Why 1000? Simple: Capcom made the remixes better than its SNES bro, the advanced (at the time) sound-ware of the PSX made it possible for catchier tunes.

All: 10/10. Need I say more?

Plot: 10/10
Misc

When you select Volt-Catfish's stage, you see Auto. *Nudge, nudge* Proof that other classic characters are coming....?

The PSX version was released in Japan and Europe. (I think....)
Thats all!

[Edited on 19-10-2004 by Kiryu]

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum