Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Zaleon
King Friday
Inactive
549 posts

Well, out of curiousity, I ask you this question.
Are you a dedicated, highly religious person? Describe your religion a little bit, and what it's beliefs center upon.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, or anything of the like, so please refrain from religious arguments. Respect each others religions, m'kay?

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by Zaleon]

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

You just opened up a can of worms. Here come the religious wars and arguments! Anyways, I'm a Christian. Don't ask me what kind. I don't know. All I know is I celebrate Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, and all the other basic Christian holidays.

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

juggalizzle
Jugglin\' Juggla
Inactive
43 posts

Buddhist

I should apply for the position of "ship lifeguard" (looks at avatar)

Zera
Zera
Inactive
913 posts

Muslim. I follow every Muslim rule and everything, so I guess I'm religous, but not to religous not to talk the other religions.

o hay

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

:eek: Whoa Zera! I never would've guessed that...Geez, maybe I don't know you all as well as I think.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Pocket
Old School
782 posts

I'm supposed to be buddhist because I attend the meetings with my parents but inside, I don't believe in it

So officially, I'm buddhist but personally, I don't follow any religion (I'm a rebel without a god :lol: ). There's a word for people with no religion. I have temporarily forgotten it.

EDIT - change smilies

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by Pocket]

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Atheist you mean?

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

At this moment, I have no idea, but there is a religion that is close to what I believe in but I will not say what it is. =P

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

You REALLY want to know?

I go to Christian churches on occassion. But I'm not into their whole God deal there. I just go to learn and well, I know some genuinely nice people there so I don't mind going.

As for my religion, it's None. I'm not anything..not aetheist, not Christian, not anything. I do hear stories from all sides though.

I do have a religion of sorts though, but if I went into it ya'll would think I'm completely off the deep end. :lol:

Pocket
Old School
782 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
Atheist you mean?

Yes, that's the word I was searching for.

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

Zero EXE
Infected Data
Inactive
944 posts

Quite me.
I'm Atheist too. I don't beleive in god. Oh, Pocket, it should be your choice whether or not you have to go. People don't care what us younger people think, do they? I used to go to a stupid Church of Nazerene. That place is messed up. I've seen much better churchs than this place. (only the one in Deer Isle) No offense to you Christians.

What has God ever done for me?

Image Do I look like I'm joking?
I didn't want to have to do this, but.....
Read Me!

Random Guy: Who are you? What planet are you from? Who is your leader?
Me: Dude, it's Toast...
Random Guy: Oh...Hello, Toast! Take me to your leader!

Quote of the Week... "Butter Toast! Hello Chicken!"

Quote of the Month... "D.A.R.E. Drugs Are Really Exciting"

Pocket
Old School
782 posts

It's true, I don't share the same beliefs as my parents but I still go to the meetings out of respect for them and for their beliefs. I respect their choices even though I may disagree with them. Just because I don't believe in it doesn't mean I can mock them or anything. The meetings usually end with a free (vegetarian) dinner anyways so hey, I'm game.
And Zero, being an atheist means you don't believe in any god(s). I find your sentence "What has God ever done for me?" 'contradicting'. :lol:

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

Zaleon
King Friday
Inactive
549 posts

A rather wide array of religions, so far.
I myself am a Christian, with it's beliefs centering upon god, the
'Crusification of Christ' to forgive our sins, and the 'Garden of Eden', with Adam and Eve being the first beings on the planet.

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

I don't full believe in creation, but I don't fully believe in evolution either. I have found a theory that can satisfy both sides if they're willing to accept it.

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

juggalizzle
Jugglin\' Juggla
Inactive
43 posts

Im listning, anyone else?

I should apply for the position of "ship lifeguard" (looks at avatar)

Zero EXE
Infected Data
Inactive
944 posts

Well, my whole family will have a cow if I say I don't beleive in god:rolleyes:

I never get what I want, and my brother does. I guess I just never thought much of it.

At church, We had to sing songs and stuff. Then we went downstairs to get a small snack and make some queer craft. Then we go back upstairs and listen to the Preists problems for about an hour and a half. :zzz:

Alot of my classmates still go to church, and they have no chritian behaviors. They are the rudest people you have ever seen.

Church did nothing foe me. What do ya know? I don't go anymore 'cuz my families too lazy!:lol:

Image Do I look like I'm joking?
I didn't want to have to do this, but.....
Read Me!

Random Guy: Who are you? What planet are you from? Who is your leader?
Me: Dude, it's Toast...
Random Guy: Oh...Hello, Toast! Take me to your leader!

Quote of the Week... "Butter Toast! Hello Chicken!"

Quote of the Month... "D.A.R.E. Drugs Are Really Exciting"

Pocket
Old School
782 posts

Well I'm glad something is working out for you. Someone might say something about 'queer' not being an appropriate word to use here. Perhaps the word you're looking for is 'unpleasant'. :lol:

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here
Inactive
4029 posts

I thought he meant odd, strange.

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

Christian here too. I'll keep my opinions to myself...

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Kei
Banned
769 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by WindRider~
*Cracks neck from side to side and smiles* It's been a while since they let ME come out to play...

Most people here know my sentiments on religion, but for the newer crowd, I'll simply state this. I once was Christian, but due to a massive dose of reality I turned athiest. I believe all that there is, is what is on earth and nothing more, however I refuse to hold another's beliefes against them. I'll stop there because I have a tendancy to rile people up when it comes to this subject.

What a surprise :P, me too.

However, due to my last religious topic, I realized that I am agnostic.

I do not care either way. I am impartial. If you believe in god...that's nice. If you believe in Evolution...that's fine.
If you a buddhist...ok.

If you think that when I die, I will burn in hell for my sins and lack of repent...ok.

Whether or not there is a god, I will live my life on this earth as I see fit. I will not conform to the normal boundaries of etiquette of religion and what not. I will follow my own rules, and not waste my life pursuing a meaning to life that I already have.

For you see, the meaning of life for me, is to Exist, and reproduce, and move on. That is my life. That is everyone's life [except the chaste]. But I will enjoy that life as much as possible, and not waste time worshipping something that I do not believe to exist, or something that I do not care about.

Thank you.

Are you not? What? You don't understand me?

Well, ?????? to you too!

I dare you to ban me Dr.Cossack!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Pocket
Old School
782 posts

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

*sits in a corner by himself* :cry:
How am I supposed to not get riled up when Pocket's clapping over there?
I'll... keep in my rants...

Quote:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Kei
Banned
769 posts

Yup...I come up with things like that when I sweep the floors. At those points, I am most docile, and most in depth.

Well, ?????? to you too!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by WindRider~
Quote:
Originally posted by Heatman.EXE
*sits in a corner by himself* :cry:
How am I supposed to not get riled up when Pocket's clapping over there?
I'll... keep in my rants...

Unless I am mistaken, Pocket was applauding the way Kei put his speech, more than what it stood for, because Pocket has already voiced his opinion and knows that you realize his opnion already. And Kei, nice work on that one, minimal offencivness.

Oh. Kei's speeches are so commonplace nowadays that I forget to look into them much. I was basing it on a past religious argument which I'm not even sure was with Kei. Sorry about that!
And who doesn't clap in their mind at any over 4 paragraph post? The effort is applaudable, whether or not you agree with the opinion.

Quote:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

That's why I start clapping the minute I see that he's posted, let alone how big the post even was

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Pocket
Old School
782 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by WindRider~Unless I am mistaken, Pocket was applauding the way Kei put his speech, more than what it stood for, because Pocket has already voiced his opinion and knows that you realize his opnion already. And Kei, nice work on that one, minimal offencivness.

You are not mistaken. I'll try to clap less in order to cause less confusion in the future. :)

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

Banned
103 posts

i do not belong to a religion b\c i do not choose to worship an all mighty person, but i think that the most believeable religion is buddism b\c there really was a person named budda and he did try to reach enlightinment.

Kei
Banned
769 posts

Hmm...well, that is true. Buddhism is rather plausible.

However, I'm still impartial.

anyway, I'd like to thank anyone who thinks that I write pretty good....

*ahem* I mean pretty well.

It...it's really touching to know some people really care about what I write....

*cry*

Well, ?????? to you too!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!