New topic Reply

Topic: X8 Cover, Not Too Impressing...

Pages: 1

Zera
Zera

Stream: Hello Neighbor.
Posted on September 9, 2004 at 2:31:04 [Post link]

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=750092

Well, here's the new X game. I wish I could get it, but I have no PS2 (Poor me). Anyway, I don't really like it. Not too action-like. I do hope they make better covers. Again, $40.

o hay

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on September 9, 2004 at 2:40:19 [Post link]

I like it, if anything it fills me with hope that X has reverted back from his Hippie-Peacnik X7 version, back to his I-hate-violence-but-I-fight-in-order-to-prevent-massive-suffering X6 version.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Tomahawk
Maverick

Stream: Happy
Posted on September 9, 2004 at 11:28:37 [Post link]

But why is there lightning coming out from Megaman X's hands. Is it a new power perhaps, or maybe it has to do with the plot, who knows!?

Anyway, the cover looks pretty good. He doesn't look as serious as he did on the other covers which makes it different.

"The Spirits of War are Within Me"

Built to resemble the Native Americans of centuries ago, Tomahawk Man follows up his basic programming to be knowledgeable and wise about their beliefs as well. His original function was akin to a ranger of the plains but the destruction of the land made him bitter about the lack of respect given by outsiders. His weapon of choice is his silver tomahawk, an axe head grafted onto the end of his right arm. He can use it to fire axe blades of energy at his opponents, and can also pull shrapnel feathers from his headdress to throw like daggers. Tomahawk Man's priorities sometimes get mixed up -- he'll fire a warning shot at someone chopping down a tree before an attacking enemy. His dislike of those that would destroy nature can extend to his fellow Master brothers, but he tries to make his dislike known vocally instead of by action.

Manchester Devil
Devil Knight

Posted on September 9, 2004 at 22:27:48 [Post link]

The X8 cover isn't impressive, then again, Megaman covers haven't been impressive at all since the SNES days.

Zera
Zera

Posted on September 12, 2004 at 3:41:51 [Post link]

Hey! Got some Jap. info... Just click around and look at pics. God, they are making X stupider (sp?) looking every game now...

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockmanx8/

o hay

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on September 12, 2004 at 6:08:11 [Post link]

If anyone looks bad, its Zero. I can only hope that this is the game where Axl dies...

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Tomahawk
Maverick

Stream: Happy
Posted on September 12, 2004 at 22:54:57 [Post link]

Uhhhhhh, I can't read Japanese, too many characters. Maybe after studying Japanese for 5 years I may be able to read it.

"The Spirits of War are Within Me"

Built to resemble the Native Americans of centuries ago, Tomahawk Man follows up his basic programming to be knowledgeable and wise about their beliefs as well. His original function was akin to a ranger of the plains but the destruction of the land made him bitter about the lack of respect given by outsiders. His weapon of choice is his silver tomahawk, an axe head grafted onto the end of his right arm. He can use it to fire axe blades of energy at his opponents, and can also pull shrapnel feathers from his headdress to throw like daggers. Tomahawk Man's priorities sometimes get mixed up -- he'll fire a warning shot at someone chopping down a tree before an attacking enemy. His dislike of those that would destroy nature can extend to his fellow Master brothers, but he tries to make his dislike known vocally instead of by action.

S.T.Z.
Hello Zombie

Stream: ******
Posted on September 13, 2004 at 0:05:25 [Post link]

The style just looks odd for a reploid to me, to human. I know hes a reploid but still, I like the X with bloody big feet. :P The energy looks neat though.
offtopic: The music on that JPN sites pretty rockin, if the games soundtracks like that it'd be nice.

[Edited on 12-9-2004 by S.T.Z.]

metool
Superstar!

Stream: Tired.
Posted on September 13, 2004 at 7:31:52 [Post link]

Actually the japanese is easy to read, since it's katakana.
Katakana is basically like english words read in Japanese.
Example
Rockman=Rokkuman
Axl=Akusoru
Sigma=Siguma
See? I'ts easy.
Well, I'll translate the page for you all, cept, the kanji of course, don't know those yet -.- ....
Anyway....
The main page of where Axl, X, and Zero are is the homepage.
To the right there will be Katakana, it says...
Gemu=Game-This is the one that shows X and Axl firing
Sutori=Story-This is the one that shows Zero and X surprised
Kiyara=Character= This is the one where it shows all three of them.
The Katakan at the very lower right corner takes you back to the home page.Oh, yeah and by the way, the cover is crappy, X looks like he's crazy or something....

[Edited on 13-9-2004 by metool]

Arkane
Archangel

NetNavi:
Evangale.EXE
Z-license
Level: 69 [What's this?]
Posted on September 15, 2004 at 0:03:01 [Post link]

Okay.

1) I HATE X's new skinnier look.
2) That cover totally sucks ass.
3) That could very possibly be a pending cover.

[Edited on 14-9-2004 by Arkane]

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on September 15, 2004 at 13:47:02 [Post link]

First off...the cover looks like crap...Second, X doesn't look good in the main image of that japanes site. Wow, he has an X on the side of his head...so what? And finally, if I had a better connection, I could've seen the rest...but since I don't have one, I'm not going to bother waiting for the japanese site to load...

corte
Superstar!

Stream: LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA ELMO'S WORLD!!!!!!!
Posted on September 19, 2004 at 8:23:01 [Post link]

I bet none of you knew that X8 takes place on the moon.

Zera
Zera

Posted on October 9, 2004 at 19:46:16 [Post link]

Hello people, I don't mean to bump this topic, but look at the link again, but this time, look at the icon of "Pre-Order". Now, they added Zero and Axl.

o hay

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on December 16, 2004 at 23:13:33 [Post link]

capcom users are responsible I discovered a thread whee they got to vote on box art there was a smaller version of that pic and one that was larger on the site there are two capcom members *cough*diifi and voulnet *cough* :rolleyes:

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply