User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Anime Annoyances, Things You Don\'t Like About Anime

Pages: 1 2

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now

Stream: We need more cats here...
Posted on September 21, 2004 at 23:39:26 [Post link]

Okay, almost everyone has something they like about anime, and we've seen topics about such things. This topic is different. This is where you can say what you don't like about anime. Now, let the venting begin!

Okay, for me, I think anime dubbers are prejudice against my name. I've seen my name used for characters in two different anime and read about it being in another. However, eveytime it was a villian (and a minor one at that) that had it! :madgo: What were the anime you ask? Here they are:

Slayers Next (saw)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (saw)
Pokemon (read about)

Why do people hate my name so? There's nothing wrong with it! By the way, a big pat on the back to anyone who can guess what my name is.

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Stream: Ask me about GSCOM!
Posted on September 22, 2004 at 2:21:37 [Post link]

Mine would be the villain who lasts waaaaay too long. It's not that I mind watching them fight and scheme for so long, I actually enjoy getting to know my villains. My worst problem is that I always expect them to return. I can't count how long I've been waiting for Maxamillion Pegasus to appear back on Yu-Gi-Oh.:lol:

It... it makes me sad to see villains go... sob...:cry:

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Pocket
Old School

Posted on September 22, 2004 at 2:32:47 [Post link]

The things in anime I don't like have to do with the translation / transition from Japanese to English. I liked the Rockman EXE anime intro music, but Megaman NT Warrior butchered it and made some crappy techno scene splice that makes me very sad to watch. I also like name Color(ed)man more than Wackoman.

Aside from translation problems, I'm not a big fan of long flashbacks that take up entire episodes. This is mostly for the benefit of people who missed the previous episodes but this is punishment for the hardcore fans. People who are familiar with Naruto know this well. Long 'battle' sequences are also annoying, especially when it's mostly talk and boasting (DBZ). The last thing is probably how some villains are very... Androgenous. I can't think of many examples but Magnetman.EXE's operator is an example as well as Flea from Chrono Trigger (if that counts).

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Posted on September 22, 2004 at 2:42:11 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Pocket
The things in anime I don't like have to do with the translation / transition from Japanese to English. I liked the Rockman EXE anime intro music, but Megaman NT Warrior butchered it and made some crappy techno scene splice that makes me very sad to watch. I also like name Color(ed)man more than Wackoman.

Aside from translation problems, I'm not a big fan of long flashbacks that take up entire episodes. This is mostly for the benefit of people who missed the previous episodes but this is punishment for the hardcore fans. People who are familiar with Naruto know this well. Long 'battle' sequences are also annoying, especially when it's mostly talk and boasting (DBZ). The last thing is probably how some villains are very... Androgenous. I can't think of many examples but Magnetman.EXE's operator is an example as well as Flea from Chrono Trigger (if that counts).

That's quite true about the DBZ battles. I used to go ballistic every time I missed one episode of the Freeza saga, becuase he may go through another transformation at any time. Who knows?

Boy, that was stupid of me. They must have replayed the series 5 or 6 times...:lol:

I'm not sure I can agree with you on the androgeneus villains opinion. Don't get me wrong, I don't support it, but it doesn't hurt for some villains to have... strange characterstics. I mean, villains don't have to be cool right? Stupid villains can be essential too. Er, and how is Magnetman's operator "androgenous"?:conf:

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia

Stream: Naked Raiden cartwheels
Posted on September 22, 2004 at 3:19:56 [Post link]

If you want andyrogenous, try Harpuia, Zoisite (Sailor Moon anime), Serenade, and whoever had their genders butchered by the American versions.

Usually, they get called females either because the people aren't doing researches or there's something that bugs them... such as Zoisite being gay and having a relationship with Kuznite (which NEVER existed in the original manga.)

However, there are exceptions to this rule such as Flea. Chrono Trigger was actually done pretty well in comparasion to what happened to the others.

There are flame wars online because of the translators/planners who can't figure out the genders. XP

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

Kiryu
Banned

Stream: I AM ZERO!!!!!!!
Posted on September 22, 2004 at 3:21:36 [Post link]

Well, they cut out that part in Yu-Gi-Oh where Keith is in a bar.....

The duel Masters one?(I watch it if theres nothing good on TV) The scene where a girl's breasts are stuck to an air-vent! Bugs me a bit..... Now: :rofl:

EDIT: I need a link to a pic of the breast thing!

[Edited on 22-9-2004 by Kiryu]

s8.invisionfree.com/Kirby_X

All your muffins are belong to us!

1954-2004
Happy 50th Birthday, Godzilla!

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum
Follow the glowing link to find a GREAT Godzilla Message Board!

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now

Posted on September 23, 2004 at 2:11:40 [Post link]

Well, someone said my name. I won't say who, though. It should be a little obvious. Most of the names just aren't normal.

Anyways, Kiryu, maybe you should keep stuff like that to yourself...

Now, another thing in anime that bugs me is when people mess up the dubbng, badly. No one wants to see someone open their mouth four times to say three syllables, or vice versa. It just makes me so angry... I wish they would be more careful.

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Posted on September 23, 2004 at 2:20:31 [Post link]

Good lord! Ack! Zoicite was a boy?! Ergh, that's a little dissettling.:(

Um, another thing is, i am a fan of the ever-popular embarassing spa-scene. However, many animes (and anime like video games) will tell me that the main party is stopping into a rest stop or hotel and are going to the spa. Naturally, I brace up and expect another hilarious Rurouni Kenshin style scene, but instead...

The Next Day....

Man. That gets on my nerves. Ruining a perfectly good chance to introduce humor into an anime.:D

Kiryu
Banned

Posted on September 23, 2004 at 2:34:43 [Post link]

Three words: MegaMan NT Warrior!

NapalmMan lost all his fans when those crappy dubbers called him, well, a spoiler:
  Spoiler (highlight to read):

MoltanicMan.
See?

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

Slipknotflunkie
Rok H.S Flunkie

Stream: Suprised that I'm back.
Posted on September 23, 2004 at 22:26:04 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiryu
Three words: MegaMan NT Warrior!

NapalmMan lost all his fans when those crappy dubbers called him, well, a spoiler:
  Spoiler (highlight to read):
MoltanicMan.
See?

OMFG REALLY???God If you guys read into NT Warrior topic I flame that show and now I have more of a reason to !!!! GRRR

*swears alligience to clean undies*Corrupted Mr.Prog in MMBN1 " All your Base are Belong to us".......God I Love Cameos
Why I have that particular Avatar:" Hey Man Dont Roll around in that Kerosine" me~"Ill do what I wanna do!" My smoker friend~"Got a Light?" me again~"Oh Sure *lights a Match* OHHH GOD IM ON WATER......ER.....FIRE!!"
Rok High School "Because We'll teach those kids no one else wants to"

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet

Stream: Wha wha wheeee wha wheee~
Posted on September 23, 2004 at 23:44:53 [Post link]

For some reason I'm prejudiced against dark animes. "Oh, I'm so depressed, gotta get vengeance, I got it and now I'm dead..." Sheesh. It drives me crazy. Not the characters in the anime, mind you, because that might happen to anybody in that situation. But that the creators didn't write it down as a story and made a cartoon about it. I mean, what's anime without it's cliches?

And I hate flashback episodes! :sick:

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Pocket
Old School

Posted on September 24, 2004 at 2:16:10 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by AimMan v2.5
how is Magnetman's operator "androgenous"?

Well in Megaman NT Warrior, he ends up wearing a dress, using a fan and talking in a girly voice. That could have so easily been left out...

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

Kiryu
Banned

Posted on September 24, 2004 at 2:51:43 [Post link]

What annoys me is the lip-sync. (The way the characters' mouths move) Sometimes, the original sync is in the characters' cursed lips!

2: Name changes. MegaMan NT Warrior to Rockman.exe names

Sword>CyberSword

NapalmMan>MoltanicMan

ColorMan>WhackoMan

Gospel>Grave Virus bEast (Fuck you, dubbers!)

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia

Stream: Naked Raiden cartwheels
Posted on September 24, 2004 at 3:24:52 [Post link]

Lip sync in anime doesn't exist unless it's a very well done animation.

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on September 25, 2004 at 15:11:38 [Post link]

#1. - Dubbing annoys me very much, because I like seeing the original storyline. It sucks when you have to get a Japanese DVD player and import DVDs just to see the animes as they were meant to be seen, because of soccermoms. :rolleyes:

#2. - the 'triple-take'. It's way overdone.. The two warriors run towards each other..and slash! We see it once..twice..three times.. The animation slows down..they're both standing there like nothing happened.. But oh, one falls down because he was hurt, the hero is unscathed! Waaay too predictable.

#3. - what they call "fan service". What I consider as little girls..like Chii from Chobits (or any 'cute, innocent' girls for that matter), in panty shots. That's just wrong. Sure, she's like..a robot or something, but it's still wrong.

#4. - homosexual relationships just to try and get more viewers. I don't have a problem with gay people, but making anime characters gay just to get people to watch, since it's "intriguing"? Uhhh, no, I don't like that. I guess they did that with Sailor Moon, as well..what a shame.

#5 - insanely huge swords. Sanosuke from Kenshin is a good example. I know it's anime, but for crying out loud, look at the guy. Look at the sword. There is no way he can possibly lift that thing. :lol:

#6 - the annoying girl. There seems to be one in every anime.. The girl that wants things her way, and will bitch until things are done to her liking.

#7 - making a really cool villain die in a humorous way. Yeah, thanks for mocking the cool villains. :rolleyes:

#8 - the hero never loses. Pikachu in Pokemon is a great example. He's a frickin electric Pokemon..he cannot use any of his electric attacks on Brock's Onix since it's part Ground. But they make Pikachu 'power up' so he can hurt Onix with electric? :rolleyes:

#9 - certain characters never die. Goku, I don't think I need to explain him. If you don't know about Goku, well just know he's alot like Zero. Comes back from the dead when he's needed. Okay well, Zero isn't really ever needed. :P

#10 - filler. This is one of my most hated things about anime. If only they made anime differently..no need for filler..

#11 - altering the storyline. When an anime is made, it's usually based on a manga. And when they add filler or change characters...they alter the storyline, changing the original story. What can I say, I like original stuff.

#12 - ruining the hero with a love interest. It doesn't bother me when the hero already has a love interest when the series starts. But when the hero's personality is altered because of a love interest..that ruins the series, for me. It's like if Samus got a love interest in Metroid. She's usually quiet, and cares only for herself and occassionally baby Metroids that call her 'mommy'. But add a male in with her..she'd start caring for him, it'd all go to hell in a handbasket.

#13 - repetitive cutscenes. Again, best example is Pokemon.. Ash's "I choose you!" animation is used a bazillion times over in the series. I know it cuts down on cost and all that, but for gosh sakes they could change it every 100 episodes or something. :lol:

Sad thing is, I'm probably forgetting alot of things..

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on September 25, 2004 at 18:24:11 [Post link]

I know its not really anime, but Japan does the same sort of style in their games.

Anyway, Chrono didn't have a love interest in the beginning, neither did Serge.

Of course being silent hero's they didn't have their personalities altered.

Well, Serge did, but only because Lynx was using his body :P

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Kiryu
Banned

Posted on September 25, 2004 at 20:07:24 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
#1. - Dubbing annoys me very much, because I like seeing the original storyline. It sucks when you have to get a Japanese DVD player and import DVDs just to see the animes as they were meant to be seen, because of soccermoms. :rolleyes:

#2. - the 'triple-take'. It's way overdone.. The two warriors run towards each other..and slash! We see it once..twice..three times.. The animation slows down..they're both standing there like nothing happened.. But oh, one falls down because he was hurt, the hero is unscathed! Waaay too predictable.

#3. - what they call "fan service". What I consider as little girls..like Chii from Chobits (or any 'cute, innocent' girls for that matter), in panty shots. That's just wrong. Sure, she's like..a robot or something, but it's still wrong.

#4. - homosexual relationships just to try and get more viewers. I don't have a problem with gay people, but making anime characters gay just to get people to watch, since it's "intriguing"? Uhhh, no, I don't like that. I guess they did that with Sailor Moon, as well..what a shame.

#5 - insanely huge swords. Sanosuke from Kenshin is a good example. I know it's anime, but for crying out loud, look at the guy. Look at the sword. There is no way he can possibly lift that thing. :lol:

#6 - the annoying girl. There seems to be one in every anime.. The girl that wants things her way, and will bitch until things are done to her liking.

#7 - making a really cool villain die in a humorous way. Yeah, thanks for mocking the cool villains. :rolleyes:

#8 - the hero never loses. Pikachu in Pokemon is a great example. He's a frickin electric Pokemon..he cannot use any of his electric attacks on Brock's Onix since it's part Ground. But they make Pikachu 'power up' so he can hurt Onix with electric? :rolleyes:

#9 - certain characters never die. Goku, I don't think I need to explain him. If you don't know about Goku, well just know he's alot like Zero. Comes back from the dead when he's needed. Okay well, Zero isn't really ever needed. :P

#10 - filler. This is one of my most hated things about anime. If only they made anime differently..no need for filler..

#11 - altering the storyline. When an anime is made, it's usually based on a manga. And when they add filler or change characters...they alter the storyline, changing the original story. What can I say, I like original stuff.

#12 - ruining the hero with a love interest. It doesn't bother me when the hero already has a love interest when the series starts. But when the hero's personality is altered because of a love interest..that ruins the series, for me. It's like if Samus got a love interest in Metroid. She's usually quiet, and cares only for herself and occassionally baby Metroids that call her 'mommy'. But add a male in with her..she'd start caring for him, it'd all go to hell in a handbasket.

#13 - repetitive cutscenes. Again, best example is Pokemon.. Ash's "I choose you!" animation is used a bazillion times over in the series. I know it cuts down on cost and all that, but for gosh sakes they could change it every 100 episodes or something. :lol:

Sad thing is, I'm probably forgetting alot of things..
I agree with you, Ash's "I choose you, *Insert Pokemon name here*" thing grates me, and in May's "I choose you, *Insert Pokemon name*" shes missing a glove...Creepy, eh?

Tiff from Kirby, GRATES my nerves! I mean, she never stops bitching! She bitches on and on, maybe Kirby should tape her shut......

I hate those things as much as you do, HollowTorment!

[Edited on 25-9-2004 by Kiryu]

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet

Posted on September 25, 2004 at 20:25:25 [Post link]

I noticed something kinda weird. I mean, it was Saturday, and I was doing something... other than watching Pokemon... and Pokemon happened to be on... :D
Anyways, I don't know about what you said about Pikachu, Hollow. I mean, Ash always wins, but I commonly see Ash put Pikachu in first in a Gym match or something and end up learning the Gym Leader's Pokemon's strengths the hard way.

And also, the hero getting changed by a love interest isn't always a bad thing. I personally thought Domon was a lot cooler when he realized that his main repairs crew happened to be Rain. :D He got a lot less mopey all the time. Still angry and rough, but less mopey.

I just realized another thing that bugs me. Not in animes, but about animes. A cartoon will feature a guy and a girl (usually fairly young) and they blush, have some funny mushy scenes, and dadeeda. The guy is oblivious to the girl, or is shy about it. Then, all of a sudden, half of America thinks the guys "retarded" for not noticing the girl likes him! What, do you want them to just smooch right in that scene?! Then those same people would complain the cartoon was too mushy!

See, I'm not sure you all realize this, but in cartoons, movies, etc. there are CLICHES. There have to be. They define the genres. If you picked up a horror movie, and it involved no zombies but instead perfectly normal animals, not roaring or anything, you wouldn't call it an "innovative new approach to horror"; you'd call it a mess. Creativity is good, but sometimes a giant sword is just plain cool. There's nothing that's ever going to change that.
[Edited on 25-9-2004 by Heatman.EXE]

[Edited on 25-9-2004 by Heatman.EXE]

Quote:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Posted on September 25, 2004 at 20:49:20 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Pocket
Quote:
how is Magnetman's operator "androgenous"?

Well in Megaman NT Warrior, he ends up wearing a dress, using a fan and talking in a girly voice. That could have so easily been left out...

Well, yeah, I guess that is sort of wierd.:lol:

Did you know that, grammaticly speaking, androgenous isn't a word that can be used to describe humans as homosexual? My english teacher explained that it actually is to be used in the sense of "androgenous barber shop" where both genders may get a haircut...

Erm, anyways, another thing that sort of irritates me is the show in which there are 5 pilots with 5 different machines that do absolutely nothing unless combined. Voltron was a good example. The lion robots had about the fighting capabilities of a penguin in July wearing a XL size sweater. Then they always finished off the villain with the sword. Every time. Take the glowing swords off your back, chop up the bad monster, send Lothar packing. And that was it.

Kiryu
Banned

Posted on September 25, 2004 at 22:37:24 [Post link]

Tiff from Kirby grates me! I mean, shes a hypocryt, better yet, she has to STOP HER FUCKING BITCHING!

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on September 25, 2004 at 23:13:37 [Post link]

Quote:
And also, the hero getting changed by a love interest isn't always a bad thing. I personally thought Domon was a lot cooler when he realized that his main repairs crew happened to be Rain. He got a lot less mopey all the time. Still angry and rough, but less mopey.

First thing I think of, with characters changing drastically..is Squall from FF 8. Sure, the game was supposed to be about love in the first place so it's perfectly fine that Squall changed. But come on. How cool would it have been, if Squall was an asshole throughout the whole game instead of just at the beginning? :lol:

I think the game would've been alot better without "We have to save Rinoa!".. But I can understand where Squall is coming from, so I'm torn on the whole thing..

Another example is Kenshin. No offense but I don't like seeing the strong Battousai being pushed around by Kaoru. I guess it's there for comedy, but it just makes Kenshin look weak to me. Plus, he does act "Squallish" later on, in the manga..but I won't go into that because it's spoiler material.

Manchester Devil
Devil Knight

Posted on September 25, 2004 at 23:47:38 [Post link]

Over reliance of viagra powered demons/rape scenes in violent anime. I'm here to watch fights between good and evil, not some sadistic rape film with the dragon of St. George bonking his lunch before eating it.

Theme songs that don't much the theme of the anime. (you'll get this quite a lot in violent/dodgy anime)

Crap/overused stock animation, the wonders of being a lazy git with pound signs in his eyes.

Engrish - the result of not bothering to check a translated script's grammer properly. (of course, you sometimes have a laugh from very bad translations but that's besides the point)

Terrible voice actors - Watch Transformers Headmasters for a good example of making terrible vocals into an artform.

Serpentarius
13th Zodiac Sign: Snake

Stream: Watashi wa suneku desu. Shine!
Posted on September 26, 2004 at 0:08:44 [Post link]

Quite frankly, the things that bother me most are the repetitive things. If the character says a person's name 50 million times, it gets old fast. (Ex. "Dark Cloud 2", "Yu-Gi-Oh")

Stock animations=bad
cliches (like sword-dash thing, or energies struggling to hit the enemy)=okay
over-use of single frames like flashes or blasts=bad

All shall bow to the mad l33t skillz of Tauman.EXE, found on the site above!

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Posted on September 26, 2004 at 0:18:23 [Post link]

I think shows have to have characters like Tiff and Kouru in order to satisfy the "1 female main character minimum" bit in anime. I guess the reason they are controlling are act like jerks is because too many people with the innocent or insane attitude would make them stereotypes.

But I liked Kouru. Dunno why. Maybe it's just cause I liked Rurouni Kenshin.:D

Kiryu
Banned

Posted on September 26, 2004 at 1:08:32 [Post link]

Quote:
I think shows have to have characters like Tiff and Kouru in order to satisfy the "1 female main character minimum" bit in anime. I guess the reason they are controlling are act like jerks is because too many people with the innocent or insane attitude would make them stereotypes.

But I liked Kouru. Dunno why. Maybe it's just cause I liked Rurouni Kenshin.:D
Well, the bitching girl bit bugs people. I hate the cutting of IMPORTANT episodes, those explained the meat of the plot in the GREATEST detail ever!!!! I mean, I missed the creation of HeatMan.exe!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now

Posted on September 26, 2004 at 1:26:17 [Post link]

Okay, I think I can explain to people something about relationships similar to that of Kaoru and Kenshin.

Okay, Kenshin is a master swordsman, serious in battle and extremely observant of his enemies, but never kills them. But do people only have one side to their personalities? No. If Kenshin was like this all the time, he would probably get on people's nerves. And in enters Kaoru. She is used to show another side of Kenshin, the more faultering human side to be exact. As Sanosuke once said about Kenshin, "You put a sword in his hands and he's unstoppable. But give him a bale of rice and he's just a normal guy." This shows Kenshin's human flaws, things everyone can relate to, unlike a serious master swordsman who almost never makes mistakes.

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet

Posted on September 26, 2004 at 1:39:01 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMan.EXE
If Kenshin was like this all the time, he would probably get on people's nerves.

*golf claps*
Yeah, that's exactly what I think. Well played. Good main characters have complex personalities.

And Kiryu, dubbing of Megaman NT robbed the world of one of its most amazing creations... Heatman.EXE. Truly tragic. :cry:

Quote:

Kiryu
Banned

Posted on September 26, 2004 at 2:59:53 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatman.EXE
Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMan.EXE
If Kenshin was like this all the time, he would probably get on people's nerves.

*golf claps*
Yeah, that's exactly what I think. Well played. Good main characters have complex personalities.

And Kiryu, dubbing of Megaman NT robbed the world of one of its most amazing creations... Heatman.EXE. Truly tragic. :cry:
I know! I missed the creation of one of my most favorite Navis! Why!? Dubbers: BURN IN HELL!

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Posted on September 26, 2004 at 3:41:30 [Post link]

Quote:
I guess the reason they are controlling are act like jerks is because too many people with the innocent or insane attitude would make them stereotypes.

So...why can't they have guys who are controlling and act like jerks?

Why can't they have girls that AREN'T controlling? Seriously, there's never a sweet girl in anime. :lol: Okay, so there's Sasami in Tenchi Muyo! but she's young so..it's kinda..supposed to happen. Usually all the older girls are 'tough' or controlling or evil..

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on September 26, 2004 at 7:13:52 [Post link]

Have you forgotten Mihoshi? Meh, its a good thing Tenchi ended up with Ryok-What? No, I wasn't watching mushy romantic Anime...go away.

[Edited on 9/26/2004 by Mega X.exe]

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Pages: 1 2

New topic Reply