Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I have seen SO many people express their interest in going to Japan. Me being ever curious, I would like to hear your reasoning for wanting to go.

Please be truthful. If you want to just visit there to buy a loligoth dress so you can be just like your idol Mana, well, tell me.

Enix
[One and Only]
Inactive
500 posts

Well I guess I could just list them...

1. I love Japan. I always have. Their history is really cool. I have always been interested in history that involves medival weapons like swords, bows, halberds, etc.

2. I would love to learn how to speak Japanese. I think that learning their language, then coming up to some dude in another country, call them a loser, and walk away without them knowing. Of course, I know you can learn it in the U.S, but I would like to learn it form someone who can tell me if I mispronounce it or not.^_^

3. I love their anime shows and manga. If I could learn to read and speak Japanese, I would be in heaven.

4. Sorry to say, but there is just something about their women over there...*ahem* Nevermind.;D

5. I have always wanted to travel to other countries, and Japan is a cool place to be. I love their culture, music, etc; it would just be fun to go.

[Edited on 12-2-2005 by Enix]

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

I'd just rather go there for a nice vacation... sightseeing and all. :)

Maybe few souveniors(sp?) :P

However, my fiance wants to actually move there to work in the Video Game industry. I'm like, "Uhhhhh."

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

Enix
[One and Only]
Inactive
500 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Kia_Purity
However, my fiance wants to actually move there to work in the Video Game industry. I'm like, "Uhhhhh."

That would be nice. Your fiance has some good thoughts on that one...*Ponders...*

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.
566 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016

I would love to go!
1.All the anime
2.meet the people
3.Visit the Nintendo in Japan
4.Just to go

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

mr.match
Red Panda
Inactive
760 posts

Machine guns work well in crowded areas. Japan is crowded. I'm just kidding. I don't really want to go to Japan.

I'm older school than you are.

Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.
566 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker

Quote:
Originally posted by mr.match
Machine guns work well in crowded areas. Japan is crowded. I'm just kidding. I don't really want to go to Japan.

Crowded area?
Try China it has one fourth of the entire WORLD population!:eek:

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

mr.match
Red Panda
Inactive
760 posts

Have you seen Tokyo? Maxium space between people is about 4 inches. Japan is more crowded than China. It's way smaller. China is well over 10x the size of Japan. I know where my bullets are going:lol:

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
Inactive
1267 posts

I think the reason that so many people in the online communities are so interested in Japan has to do with the fact that alot of what these people grew up enjoying were Japanese. Within video game communities, especially Megaman, I think it makes sense that so many people are interested in Japan.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kia_Purity

He's gonna have a fun time convincing the Japanese government to be permitted for long residence if he plans to work in video games. ;(

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Necro
He's gonna have a fun time convincing the Japanese government to be permitted for long residence if he plans to work in video games. ;(

Exactly. --; I just don't think it'll happen at all. Besides, I wouldn't mind going to Japan as a vacation, not for long-time residence. I don't want to be too far away from my family. @_@

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

Why do I want go to Japan? Well...

1. Anime. In Japan, I'd get to see a lot more anime!

2. Japanese music. I love Japanese music, even though I only know what they're talking about less than half the time.

3. Japanese. I love the Japanese language! I'm even trying to teach myself! That's a long and difficult process...

4. Videogames. In Japan, I'd have access to new videogames sooner. That's a good enough reason in itself.

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Lan_Hikari
Servbot
Inactive
32 posts

I'm going to japan this summer with my friend.
Here's why i want to go too
1.Anime
2.Japanese Girls
3.I love their Language
4.Megaman games
5.Japanese rock

Join my Megaman Battlenetwork rpg board
http://s6.invisionfree.com/Megaman_Network/index.php
The admin of the board let me revive this board and now it is back online the old one is dead

mr.match
Red Panda
Inactive
760 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMan.EXE
4. Videogames. In Japan, I'd have access to new videogames sooner. That's a good enough reason in itself.

You know that we have companies over her that make games, right? There are some great games that we get made in the US and UK that Japan never gets.

Hao
Fear Factory
Inactive
1268 posts

They have items I can't obtain in the US. Plus, all anime and video games are unedited and original. And they have some cool figurines and models I wanna buy.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6333 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Personally, I would like to go in a country like Japan (it doesn't have to be Japan, just a similar place) to see the world in a different location than mine, where people have different customs and don't speak the same language. You know, being able to say "I went to the other end of the world and saw those people...". You could say that this is one of my goals in life. :)

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

Why not go there...

•The anime(dubbed anime is ok but I rather see the original)
•I love the clothes style
•Probably a great vacation place
•I like how they make those cool symbols for writing
•I like the music
•I wanna go to one of the festivals there
•The landscape
•I want to make a manga and anime(a real one!)

Whoa I have alot of reasons I better be learning the language soon...

[Edited on 13-2-2005 by Kagome_Sakura]

Pocket
Old School
782 posts

I would like to try some authentic Japanese cuisine.
Their culture is heavy on gaming?
Sample some of their advanced technology (toilets that spray air freshener or something).
I wanna find their weird vending machines I keep hearing about (underwear and beer).
Ride on their uber-fast trains.
Buy the largest box of Pocky I can find.

There's probably more I wanna try but I can't think of it right now.

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

mr.match
Red Panda
Inactive
760 posts

I wanna go see the penis festival.......that would be fun. Chin chin!

PUNK
Hunter
Inactive
342 posts

It would seem that I'm one of the few who doesn't prefer Japan over all other countries. I mean it's nice to visit it among with plenty of other countries, but I kinda understood that Japan is the most expensive country in the world to visit. So Japan can wait, in my opinion...

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

I'm with you, Punk. I mean, I'm not against going there or anything, but I don't think it's the big deal everyone makes it out to be.

Like I thought, alot of people want to go over there for stuff like anime and games...

mr.match
Red Panda
Inactive
760 posts

I don't really want to go, I just say things to make people laugh. It's my job, unfoutunatly I suck at it so I don't get paid.

I want to go to the UK if anywhere. Anywhere but the US is good.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

Quote:

o_O uhh...What the hell is that?

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

I don't think it exists... (If it does, it wasn't covered in the festivals I was studying about in my Japanese class)

Either that or he's got it confused with another country which to my knowledge does have a giant statue of penis. >>

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:

Gutter Mouth
Plastic Grass
Inactive
653 posts

Quote:

I'd attend that.

EDIT: Knew the message should have been longer. *cough*

I'd like to go to Japan. Out of all the cultures in the world (Latin, European, whatever) I would have to say oriental is the most appealing to me. I like the food, art, architecture. So, why not? Between video games, anime, culture why not? I'd love to see Peru, Alaska, Ireland or anyone of those places but how many of my hobbies come from Peru, Alaska, or Ireland? A fourth of the things I enjoy are from Japan. >.>

[Edited on 14-2-2005 by Gutter Mouth]

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

So, by that logic..alot of the things I enjoy are made in China, so I should go to China.

Hao
Fear Factory
Inactive
1268 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
So, by that logic..alot of the things I enjoy are made in China, so I should go to China.

Only if you wish to see what other kinds of items they make. Stuff you can't get in US. And to check out their culture and stuff. Go for some nice sight-seeing.

Gutter Mouth
Plastic Grass
Inactive
653 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment

That's just the place where things are manufactured by children under cheap wages. It has no relation to the Chinese culture.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Not really directed at you necessarily, Gutter, but I just find alot of the previous posts to be..I dunno, full of crap?

Really, going to a country because "the girls are hawt lolz" and "uhhhh I like japanese music"? The hell? You can see japanese girls here, you can listen to japanese music here, you can get unedited anime here, you can import unedited games here, you can get almost anything Japan can offer material-wise in the States.

I can understand if you live in a country that can't get anime and stuff easy. But if you live in the States, why the hell do you want to go all the way over there if you can get everything here already, especially since there's a huge Japan fad going on?

Just doesn't make any sense to me.

I want to go to France and Italy, because I want to experience those two places. For one, I have an Italian heritage, and for two, who doesn't want to visit Paris at least once in their lives? I mean come on. :lol: I'm not going to Italy to eat spaghetti and hit on hot Italian chicks, and not going to France to buy a beret and get some unedited "Code Lyoko".

âš  Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Bladedream
Servbot
24 posts

1. Interesting culture, traditions, etc.
2. Would love to go to different festivals and see them celebrate holidays.
3. Language is interesting to hear spoken.
4. Love the things they have. Their food is so interesting and I'd love to watch it prepared. And the clothing is interesting. There is also the fact that I'd like to get unedited anime, manga, and I love their music, but that can always be gotten here.
5. I just want to be able to visit another country, and since japanese is a language that I'm learning and understand better than other languages, it sorta makes sense to me to want to go there and improve the language I'm learning.