Interordi Menu
AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

You guys have all seen the new Bugs Bunny, right? I've been watching the news (like I always do... all the time), and it's been shown several times. The new Warner Bros. cartoon "Lunatics" features remakes of all of the old Looney Toons as "Japanese animation inspired" crime fighters. They're two-toned (black and one other color, Bugs is yellow, Taz green, etc.), and much sharper than original. Also, they have sharp teeths, as is probably imagined....

And of course, Porky Pig isn't in it. They couldn't make him cool if they tried. However, Wile E. Coyote is a good guy, as is Taz...

Anyways, tell me what you think.

[EDIT]...Did anyone else notice my mistake in the first paragraph? I hope not...:lol:;

[Edited on 28-2-2005 by AimMan v2.5]

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet
Inactive
1476 posts

I think that they look like crap. Serioulsy, the only reason they redid them was because Looney Tunes: Back in Action flopped. Why couldn't they do something entirely new instead of ruining a classic?

Serpentarius
13th Zodiac Sign: Snake
Inactive
529 posts

Peh, this has been criticized into the ground by people like the author of 8-Bit Theater. It's a bad idea in my opinion, only a lemming mentality brought on by the success of Teen Titans... which isn't all that great either. But hey, as a kid, what do I know about what kids like? I personally didn't know I was into loud colors with sharp, edgey lines... I didn't know I was into "x-treme" stuff that, to quote our favorite web-comic author,

Quote:
you just can't help but talk about in BOLD ITALICIZED CAPS! WITH EXCLAMATION POINTS, TO THE MAX!

but hey, what do I know. Maybe the "normal" kids of today will appreciate Buzz Bunny, as he is now called, more than the original. 'Tis a sad day, though, when the greatness of the originals is smeared and perverted like yesterday's mayo on the metaphoric walls of our television. (In other words, they ruined a perfectly good cartoon to make it more "x-treme")

Can ya tell I liked Toon Heads on CN?

All shall bow to the mad l33t skillz of Tauman.EXE, found on the site above!

Manchester Devil
Devil Knight
Inactive
316 posts

*ghosts in*

I saw this and I'm very spectical about this, my mates in College just burst into tears and cried "WHY GOD WHY?".

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

I am Never gonna forgive them for this.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Thankfully I haven't seen this crap.

God, will people stop trying to cash in on this damned anime fad?

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6342 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

All I've seen about this story is a single picture, and it only looks like a bunch of random animals. Can anyone actually confirms that it's supposed to be a remake / spin-off from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons, or was that idea thrown in the air like that? I'm not convinced. The only thing I know is that this new thing is indeed looking like crap.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
All I've seen about this story is a single picture, and it only looks like a bunch of random animals. Can anyone actually confirms that it's supposed to be a remake / spin-off from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons, or was that idea thrown in the air like that? I'm not convinced. The only thing I know is that this new thing is indeed looking like crap.

A quick google search yielded this:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6989380/

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Staff Backer Masterlink
Super moderator
Minecraft op
Contributor
Yes, I'm kosher.
566 posts
Squid beaker
Squid beaker

To me the "new" bugs bunny is not Bugs Bunny.
The Buzz Bunny Is supposed to be a crime fighter or something like that.

I don't think bugs would go "Whats up doc" then takle you and beat the $@#% out of you like the "new" one prolly would.
:(

This my signature area... mine, yes.. so... stuff.

Enix
[One and Only]
Inactive
500 posts

I hate it when people decide to remake a cartoon show. The originals are the best, and always will be. Always with the recycling of the cartoon. Darn wannabes...:(

mr.match
Red Panda
Inactive
760 posts

I heard about this on the 8-bit Theatre site. I hate the idea. Why do they feel the need to do this? Just look at how dumb they look. They could never make fruit gummies out if this not to mention vitamins. I just hope they won't do anything to the other old cartoons.

I'm older school than you are.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

My paper has run 2 articles on how bad of a decision it is Heck my dad whoHATES Cartoons hates this *shakes head* This is too much

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

~entropy
DoomSayer
Inactive
120 posts

im with enix-

Quote:
I hate it when people decide to remake a cartoon show. The originals are the best, and always will be. Always with the recycling of the cartoon. Darn wannabes...:(

bugs bunny as a crime fighter is dumb. I mean, buzz bunny? come on. probly cuz its gonna be a show, not just a cartoon
:(

It's the end of the world...
Get used to it.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST. IT DOES NOT EXIST. IT IS A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

No, really.

I'm serious!

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.

The results of my MMBN personality quiz VVV

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Ah, but haven't you read? It isn't actually Bugs! It's his descendant, Buzz! :rolleyes:

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6342 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Well, I'll be damned. I didn't expect a cartoon series to sink THIS low. Words can't carry too well what I think of this. It's just... not right at all. It doesn't even LOOK like something related to Bugs Bunny. Besides, those colors are really, really ugly. Eww.

Quote:
Originally posted by bboy88
My paper has run 2 articles on how bad of a decision it is Heck my dad whoHATES Cartoons hates this *shakes head* This is too much

Well... duh? :P

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

~entropy
DoomSayer
Inactive
120 posts

I know that, Mega X.exe- but he's the same *in spirit*...
have you ever tried typing on a sideways keyboard? it's pretty hard.
RETURN FIRE!:rolleyes:

Get used to it.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST. IT DOES NOT EXIST. IT IS A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

No, really.

I'm serious!

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!
Inactive
1267 posts

I think the new Bugs Bunny Buzz Bunny whatever the hell you want to call him is perfect. It doesn't appeal to me, but it's a good example of how shitty today's generation of kids(HAHA THAT MEANS YOU.... :lol: ) are, and the direction we're pushing media for kids to. I understand everyone's predjudices against this new show, but you have to remember, this cartoon likely isn't going to be made for people our age. It's likely for the kids who have no clue of the classics.

Man, today's kids suck. They pump out shit like this for them when we got stuff like Tiny Toons. :lol:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Yeah...Tiny toons...

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

⚠ Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 246
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 294: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

See, the thing about Tiny Toons, is that it actually was a homage to the original. Same sort of humor, slight twist for younger generations. Still great.

It never got me hooked on the original, because my dad did that long before I ever saw Tiny Toons.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
See, the thing about Tiny Toons, is that it actually was a homage to the original. Same sort of humor, slight twist for younger generations. Still great.

It never got me hooked on the original, because my dad did that long before I ever saw Tiny Toons.

Tiny Toons was a good thing The show Buzz Bunny will be in call Loonatics(I like to call it Lunatics) will be bad for you ugh just the thought of it *gets migraine headache thinking of it*

~entropy
DoomSayer
Inactive
120 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Necro
I think the new Bugs Bunny Buzz Bunny whatever the hell you want to call him is perfect. It doesn't appeal to me, but it's a good example of how shitty today's generation of kids(HAHA THAT MEANS YOU.... :lol: ) are, and the direction we're pushing media for kids to. I understand everyone's predjudices against this new show, but you have to remember, this cartoon likely isn't going to be made for people our age. It's likely for the kids who have no clue of the classics.

Man, today's kids suck. They pump out shit like this for them when we got stuff like Tiny Toons. :lol:

What do ya mean, "our age"? I'm definitely younger than you. And i didn't see an age requirement!:madgo:

Get used to it.

No, really.

I'm serious!

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

That's what he means, duh. Your age, kids nowadays, this means you..don't you get it? He's saying kids in your age group suck because they love this crap.

~entropy
DoomSayer
Inactive
120 posts

well i don't! read my other post! the "Lunatics" thing is stupid!!!!!
:madgo::madgo::madgo::madgo::madgo:
All right, i need anger mangegment...

Get used to it.

No, really.

I'm serious!

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by ~entropy
well i don't! read my other post! the "Lunatics" thing is stupid!!!!!
:madgo::madgo::madgo::madgo::madgo:
All right, i need anger mangegment...

Do us a favor stop using that many friggin smilies and something that comes to mind Why is it Buzz Bunny reminds me of Buzz Lightyear. The CEO of Warner Bros. says they are doing this to appeal to the Kids of today The H-E-Double Hockey sticks with that i'm eleven and I won't be watching this crap.

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!
Inactive
2429 posts

Still can't get on the computer regularly. Here's a quicky though before I have to get back to my science project.

Yeah, I agree, this will probably have to be one of those "next generation" shows, and it's unlikely it will even work for them. However, you must admit, they could have done much worse for the show. For instance, what if they'd turned them all into anthros?! That could've been pretty terrible.

And for the record, Teen Titans is an awesome remake series. If you can get past the over-use of cheesy sub-anime effects.

Also, I believe the interviewers on NBC did report that Warner Bros. sees this as the "new" Bugs Bunny. But I'm not sure on that.

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Teen Titans gave up the cheesy anime stuff a while back.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Enix
[One and Only]
Inactive
500 posts

Quote:
I think the legacy is intact, he said. If anything, its an homage to the legacy instead of a destruction of the legacy.

I would have to disagree with this statement completely. Anyone ever wonder why people still watch the original shows of Bugs, Daffy, and the gang? No? Because they were the originals. No make overs, no spiffying up, nothing outragious to where it will better keep the attention of the future fans.

Superheroes are so overdone, and they should have just let the series be. The new look doesn't even remotely look like it would be a kid's show. It looks like something that would come onn late at night, to SCARE people out of thier wits so that they would go to sleep.:lol:

S.T.Z.
Hello Zombie
Inactive
995 posts

http://www.aintitcool.com/downloads/LoonaticsPreview.mov
Just incase someone hasn't seen it.
Its stupid but chances are it gonna sell allot of merchindise before it dies off.

#mmpc lurker
I request that Doc bans every single last member of this board, then does a merry little dance in his underwear. Just for the hell of it. Don't copy and paste this into your signiture.
note; I don't post much anymore.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by S.T.Z.
http://www.aintitcool.com/downloads/LoonaticsPreview.mov
Just incase someone hasn't seen it.
Its stupid but chances are it gonna sell allot of merchindise before it dies off.

That buzz bunny looks and sounds evil in that I don't know what the Warner Bros. CEO is on but it's gonna ruin the looney toons name forever. *sigh* goodbye Bugs. :cry: goodbye forever