Interordi Menu
Locked This topic is locked.
Banned
10 posts

From a regretful soul:

When you hurt someone, do you regret it? Do you think about it later? Do you wonder how much it hurt them, or the implications or the consequences of what you've done? Do you think about how it'll affect you in the future? Do you even care? Do you ever wonder what the other person might think of you? In my life, I've hurt many people, and I always regret it. But regret isn't enough. Saying "I'm sorry" isn't apologizing, it's saying "I regret what I did, but I don't think I have to apologize for it". What you need to do is apologize. But even then, it's still not enough. You need to ask for their forgiveness, because that is the only way to ever really get past something horrible.

So when you've hurt someone, remember this code:

1. Say you're sorry

2. Apologize

3. BEG for forgiveness

Follow these rules and the people you hurt will continue to love you.

Because being human is forgiving others.

That being said:

I'm sorry, I really am.

I apologize: My apologies to you.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!

Just Sound Advice
Till next time
Gabriel
--------------------------
Want more of my rambuctious ravings? More of me

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here
4029 posts

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I'm sure people might take that apology, but if someone came up to me and did that, I would tell them to calm down, first. Then I would say that if they were really sorry enough for them to get on their knees and beg, I couldn't really refuse.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
Inactive
4806 posts

I don't forgive or forget you annoying little troll.

Doc banned you for a reason, go the hell away you goddamned loser.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
I don't forgive or forget you annoying little troll.

Doc banned you for a reason, go the hell away you goddamned loser.

You always this nice? Or did you wake up on the wrong side of the cave this morning?

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Juno
I AM the Iron Pony!!
Inactive
-1484 post
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Heck ya Hollow, I'm with you on that, well as for as the "I don't forgive or foget" bit gose.But I do think about the people I hurt like when some cokey punk thinks he's all that and I bring him back down to earth and in to depretion for whatever reson he gave me to do so I look back at that later and say I wounder how sad he realy was, hmph...punk.So ya I think about it.
p.s.Oh and Gabriel, you boer me to deth.

[Edited on 31-3-2005 by Juno]

Serpentarius
13th Zodiac Sign: Snake
Inactive
529 posts

To answer the original question posted, I'd like to say that yes, I often do feel remorse for my actions, though I try not to think about the implications too much, because it depresses me. Nothing like, "If I hadn't been mean to him, he'd be Bill Gates right now" you see, because being a human being (homo sapiens if you're a picky scientist) consists of constantly making mistakes and hurting other people. Most people's reaction to negative actions or words to them is to disregard the speaker/doer completely, or build up an immotional tolerance. By the time that they're old enough to understand this concept, they've already built up a resistance to unfounded negative action, and begging forgiveness of somebody for what you've done is more likely to get you a lot of raised eyebrows than sympathetic nods or pats on the back or anything.

Quote:
Originally posted by Juno
Heck ya Hollow, I'm with you on that, well as for as the "I don't forgive or foget" bit gose.But I do think about the people I hurt like when some cokey punk thinks he's all that and I bring him back down to earth and in to depretion for whatever reson he gave me to do so I look back at that later and say I wounder how sad he realy was, hmph...punk.So ya I think about it.

Riiight... you've been here how long? Do you even know who Kei is or what he/she's done? I'll admit that I joined at almost the exact same time he(/she) was getting booted, but being intolerant of somebody just because of previous actions (especially ones you didn't actually witness) is just a little bit mean, doncha think?

Quote:
p.s.Oh and Gabriel, you boer me to deth.

"O yea, u boer mee too deth two." Please make a better effort to check your spelling before making a derogatory post, or at least put a spelling note (sp?) next to words of which you are unsure.

As to past problems with you, Gabriel/Kei/Whoever you are, that's between you and Dr. Cossack. If I were him, I'd give you a short trial period, watch you to make sure you've reformed, and if you took one step out of line, hit you like a ton of bricks. Then again, there are 2 problems with this:

1) I'm pretty lenient when it comes to wrongdoers, as to where DC is a bit tougher than myself.

2) I am, quite obviously, not Dr. Cossack.

That being said, good luck with sticking around and philosophising, and all that jazz.

All shall bow to the mad l33t skillz of Tauman.EXE, found on the site above!

Samsara
4029 posts

I have looked at some of Kei's posts before s/he was banned and Gabriel never seemed to SPAM, much. S/he always used correct grammar and followed the rules. All s/he did was tell everyone (including myself) that s/he hated them because s/he got annoyed.

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

...For the record..Kei's a guy.<< ;

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Samsara
4029 posts

I had a hunch. I just would rather be correct. :P

Smirnoff
Superstar!
Inactive
1069 posts

Meh, I just returned, So I don't know what the hell is happening, who is this dude/dudette?

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
Inactive
4806 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
You always this nice? Or did you wake up on the wrong side of the cave this morning?

Here we go again.

Oh Hollow, forgive so and so! He's changed! He's no longer a self-absorbed holier-than-thou annoying fool I swear! I will repeatedly attack you with sarcasm until you change your mind!

I guess you haven't learned that it doesn't work.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe

Here we go again.

Oh Hollow, forgive so and so! He's changed! He's no longer a self-absorbed holier-than-thou annoying fool I swear! I will repeatedly attack you with sarcasm until you change your mind!

I never said that about you. I doubt I ever will either.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6380 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

User banned. Can we move on please?

~ Lock ~

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)