Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Naruto anime to be in english., in September.

Pages: 1 2 3

Nasuke
Lead character

Stream: Avatar change!
Posted on April 16, 2005 at 22:00:15 [Post link]

In September, the Naruto anime will come out in english, as said in the Shonen Jump.

Quote:
Big news, ninja fans--the Naruto anime is coming to American TV later this year, on Cartoon Network's Toonami. Shonen Jump is the first place you'll find any breaking news about anthing related to Naruto. For starters, here's some facts about the production:

Date that Naruto anime debuted on TV in Japan Oct. 3 2002.

Month that Naruto anime is currently scheduled to debut in the United states: September 2005.

Year Naruto manga debuted in Japan: 1999.

Year Naruto manga debuted in the U.S:2003.

This will probley be one of the most popular anime around in the U.S, considering how well the Manga sells.

3Image

doc.mad
ultimate cookie eater

Stream: 200 posts,I'm moving up in the world
Posted on April 17, 2005 at 14:52:14 [Post link]

I relly dont like animes some i do

I LIKE PIE
i like pie pie pie pie going down
down now right into my belly if you
love pie clap your hands ,calp,calp
if you like pie clap your hands ,calp
,clap apple cinmon pecon,apple cinmon
pecon,apple cinmon and apple cinmon apple cinmon and pecon,clap,clap

don't forget chun lee's legendary legs, Image thanks again for banner slash

Zero EXE
Infected Data

Stream: ...efiL nI thaP nwO yM roF gnikooL
Posted on April 17, 2005 at 19:37:59 [Post link]

We care, why!? Go watch some Soap Opras!

-On Topic-
SWEET! I've always wanted to see the Naruto stuff as a show! My friend has several volumes of the Manga, and I LOVE it! Great news. If you never spoke up, I prolly never would have known. ;)

Image Do I look like I'm joking?
I didn't want to have to do this, but.....
Read Me!

Random Guy: Who are you? What planet are you from? Who is your leader?
Me: Dude, it's Toast...
Random Guy: Oh...Hello, Toast! Take me to your leader!

Quote of the Week... "Butter Toast! Hello Chicken!"

Quote of the Month... "D.A.R.E. Drugs Are Really Exciting"

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now

Stream: We need more cats here...
Posted on April 18, 2005 at 1:16:22 [Post link]

Finally, I'll get to see what this series is. I've been wondering about it, considering how popular some of the music is (on another site I go to). However, I don't really like what I've listened to all that much.

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
Posted on April 18, 2005 at 23:04:27 [Post link]

4Kids WILL kill Naruto. And it WILL die.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet

Stream: Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Posted on April 19, 2005 at 12:09:04 [Post link]

I have some of the manga and some of the japanese anime with subtitles. So I will know if they change anything. Muhahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mettaur

4 Kids isn't doing it...I think...Last time I read it was ShoPro.

mr.match
Red Panda

Stream: Since when did "P" equal "O"?
Posted on April 19, 2005 at 19:43:20 [Post link]

This is how I feel about it.

I'm older school than you are.

Nasuke
Lead character

Posted on April 19, 2005 at 20:36:33 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mettaur

I strongly agree 4-kids will mess the whole show up, as I was saying to a freind of mine earlier."In the Naruto anime, in september, Naruto will sound like Ash, and his first name will be Nathan, Sasuke will sound like brock, and his first name will be "Sammy", and Sakura will sound like Misty, and her first name will be "Jim"."

Thats more likly to happen, concidering how much 4-kids suck.

3Image

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now

Stream: We need more cats here...
Posted on April 19, 2005 at 20:52:12 [Post link]

Ugh... I just listened to some of the opening themes for shows I haven't seen that 4Kids has liscensed (One Piece, Mew Mew Power (<-- What on Earth is that?)) And I can only say "Shoot me now!" Seriously, can you get any cheesier? And will little kids even know what "collabaration" means (Mew Mew Power theme)? If 4Kids is dubbing this, I think I'm going to outright HATE the music they give it...

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Master_Tiger
The MIB Goku

Stream: Hungry Is A Mood Isn't It?
Posted on April 23, 2005 at 21:13:41 [Post link]

Like my last Naruto related post, Shopro is doing it not 4kids. I dont see much of a differance between the two since Rockman came to the US, but once that news came out i went and bought the Japanese *Regionfree* Box set.

My site to be, to find out about its progress click the image ^

metool
Superstar!

Stream: Tired.
Posted on April 26, 2005 at 9:42:29 [Post link]

Bleh, i was hoping it woudln't be subtitled.....like most other animes, its goign to be #$#%ed over =__=;;
Im just sticking to downloading em.
I seriously don't care whos dubbing or w/e it is, no matter who it is, its getting screwed plain and simple. end of story. Maybe it might be one of those rare gems, the really good type of dubs, but i doubt its gonna turn out good.

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia

Stream: Naked Raiden cartwheels
Posted on April 26, 2005 at 10:13:40 [Post link]

Note to people: Shopro was acquired by Viz. Figure that out.

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
Posted on April 26, 2005 at 21:54:57 [Post link]

If that means that Viz is producing the Naruto anime, either Viz has become evil, or that anime is gonna be kickass.

Coldman EXE
Dr Mario

Stream: laughing manicaly
Posted on May 21, 2005 at 20:11:02 [Post link]

whooo hooooo! viz anit gonna edit much were prbaly saved! yes!

Nasuke
Lead character

Posted on May 22, 2005 at 16:07:06 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Coldman EXE
whooo hooooo! viz anit gonna edit much were prbaly saved! yes!

Actually, the manga is published in America by Viz. And, concidering, Shopro was aquired by Viz, the anime WILL be messed up.

I'm leaning towrad the side, that Naruto will be like One Peice, Crappy theme, bad voice acting, and, nothing that happend in the manga, will be in the anime.

[Edited on 09-04-1982 by Nasuke]

3Image

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on May 26, 2005 at 3:25:12 [Post link]

Naruto fans should get over themself. The treatment the anime will receive is yet to be determined. All anyone can do at this point is wait and see.

It's quite possible that the dub that airs on television will be edited. In all probability it will be. Naruto isn't some breakthrough series that will capture the imaginations of people everywhere. It's a shonen fighting series much like Dragonball, and will be marketed towards the biggest market possible. This however doesn't really matter. ShoPro/Viz might release DVDs that aren't edited, you never know. It has happened before with other anime titles. It just depends if there's a market for it. But if that isn't good enough for Naruto fans then they should shut the fuck up and quit their bitching. Things in this world cost money.

God, I can't believe some people. Grow up and get over yourselves. Naruto coming over to North America is a good thing, because it then has the oppurtunity to make more money. If your such big fans of the series shouldn't you want to see the series as successful as it can be?

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 26, 2005 at 6:15:37 [Post link]

no i'm just gunna download it all because uhhh..i'm repenting against walmart

yeah

God
Not A Feminist

Stream: BREAKING NEWS!: Snape kills Dumbledore.
Posted on May 27, 2005 at 15:02:44 [Post link]

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on May 28, 2005 at 1:45:29 [Post link]

:lol:

Are you done with your inane little retort? Your attempt at having semblance to an actual understanding of what I said was quite well done, and leaves me rather amused. Please feel free to make yourself look stupid all you wish! :)

...:lol:

Firstly, your sarcastic quip is in complete ignorance of one integral point I mentioned.

"It's quite possible that the dub that airs on television will be edited. In all probability it will be. Naruto isn't some breakthrough series that will capture the imaginations of people everywhere. It's a shonen fighting series much like Dragonball, and will be marketed towards the biggest market possible. This however doesn't really matter. ShoPro/Viz might release DVDs that aren't edited, you never know. It has happened before with other anime titles. It just depends if there's a market for it. But if that isn't good enough for Naruto fans then they should shut the fuck up and quit their bitching. Things in this world cost money."

The question of how official Naruto DVD releases will be treated in North America has yet to be announced. Until such is done, nobody has any room to complain about Naruto coming to North America. It's very much possible that Naruto DVDs will contain a version of the show that has unedited footage with bilingual audio options. I failed to mention the specifics previously, but only because I assumed that most people here(in this topic) should be aware of how most anime DVDs are treated. If this is to occur, then again, nobody has any room to bitch over the changes made to the title when it airs on television; nobody is forced to watch the television version and nobody is being denied watching the original version. Yes, DVDs cost money but so do television channels.

This is all hypothetical. What will happen is currently unknown. Which is the really sad thing about this whole thing. Naruto's supposed fans started to bitch as soon as the news was announced; they did not even wait to see how exactly it would be treated.

I can understand that fans want to see a series they care about have it's integrity kept intact when it is localized for an American audience. I actually agree with the sentiment. I don't like English dubs as much as many people do, and anyone who knows me could easily back me up on this. However, this doesn't effect my judgement on anime on television on North America. Again, anime fans in North America generally are not restricted to being able to view the edited version that airs on television legally, and as such have no room to complain about the quality. The best protest is to actually just not watch the show on television, which will give it poor ratings. The only way they do have room to complain is if a true to the original version is never released in North America legally.

Again, at this point everything is hypothetical. The quality of what will air on television doesn't really matter for a variety of reasons. The major one I said several times in the above paragraphs. It's also a well known fact that what is acceptable to air on television is not the same in Japan and North America.

With this all in consideration, I find it very sad that fans have already began to get angry over Naruto coming to North America. They don't seem to care if the series is more successful even at the least; infact it appears that this doesn't even interest them. Which I find sad. Which also leads me to another mistake of yours; I never once said that profit should be what fans should want to see first and foremost for a title, and that it should override their desire to get a quality product. But that they don't even seem to give it any regard?

And yes, fans should care whether a series is successful or not. While the North American success of a series means very little to the Japanese producers in comparison to how a series fares in Japan, it still doesn't hurt to show support for something that you like or even care about. Naruto fans haven't even waited to see if they'll be given the chance to legally show support for the anime before they condemned it coming here, which just shows that they're either irrational. Or maybe I can question their integrity; it depends on the person.

;p

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 28, 2005 at 6:26:26 [Post link]

GASP! Who would've ever thought of spending money to buy Naruto DVDs?! It should be shown unedited on Cartoon Network!

Anyways Necro's point is quite good. Boycott companies like 4Kids, don't even watch their shows on television. But support companies like Darkhorse, who translate the Berserk manga. Yay Berserk. :muha:

Hao
Fear Factory

Stream: Christmas Cheer
Posted on May 28, 2005 at 6:29:24 [Post link]

Rockman was dubbed by ShoPro. Sure some of the names are whacked and the voices might be off sometimes, but I perfer them over 4kids. Some of the voices might actually be decent unlike the bull 4kids come up with. I mean, they use the same voices over and over. It's almost like one guy's doing it, only changing it really well.

Only thing I can see not to look forward to is any attack name changes, name changes, and of course, Richard Cox's voice. :D

PS: I'm not exactly a fan of Naruto, but I am interested in the series.

metool
Superstar!

Stream: Tired.
Posted on June 2, 2005 at 10:41:19 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
GASP! Who would've ever thought of spending money to buy Naruto DVDs?! It should be shown unedited on Cartoon Network!

Anyways Necro's point is quite good. Boycott companies like 4Kids, don't even watch their shows on television. But support companies like Darkhorse, who translate the Berserk manga. Yay Berserk. :muha:

I buy the DVD's ....cough i mean import them that is i can understand the japanese dialogue somewhat... so i got no problems with that. >>;;
But it is true i suppose in the way Necro has stated that if your a true fan of the series you woudl be pleased to see it become as succseful(err...SP?) as possible. From what i have seen in the preview it looks pretty good actually. Seems like the series may turn out very good afterall in the end. But with a buncha Naruto merchandise i have been seeing lately, seems like its being over marketed >>;;

ShadowOfAWolf
Robot master

Posted on June 4, 2005 at 17:17:33 [Post link]

naruto is awesome, but toonami..... arg!!!! :madgo: half of the show is gonna be missing. they cuss so much in that show. and plus somewhat blood. they're gonna cut out way too much, i hate toonami. why couldn't adult swim get it!!! why!!!

Image">http://alphaclimatise.customer.netspace.net.au/sigs/shadow-sig.png[/img]

check out the sig battle
http://www.interordi.com/mboard/viewthread.php?tid=9667&pid=148343#pid148343
sig battle results
http://www.interordi.com/mboard/viewthread.php?tid=9598[/url]

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on June 4, 2005 at 17:53:28 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowOfAWolf
naruto is awesome, but toonami..... arg!!!! :madgo: half of the show is gonna be missing. they cuss so much in that show. and plus somewhat blood. they're gonna cut out way too much, i hate toonami. why couldn't adult swim get it!!! why!!!

Because Naruto is aimed at a young teen audience (even in Japan). So putting it in a adult block seems pretty idiotic...:rolleyes:

ShadowOfAWolf
Robot master

Posted on June 5, 2005 at 3:31:46 [Post link]

yes but like i said, naruto still has a lot of cuss's and i hate it when they edit the actual show. and ESPECIALLY since it was intended for the younger in japan. just leave it be!@!! darn toonami, they think everything is too much for children. o no they said damn, o no there's blood, we can't have that!! grr. toonami use to have somewhat a lot of that too, they got a lot more strict about the stuff though. recently they've had really crappy shows

Image">http://alphaclimatise.customer.netspace.net.au/sigs/shadow-sig.png[/img]

check out the sig battle
http://www.interordi.com/mboard/viewthread.php?tid=9667&pid=148343#pid148343
sig battle results
http://www.interordi.com/mboard/viewthread.php?tid=9598[/url]

BlueSilver
Rick

Stream: I'm Adorable!!
Posted on June 8, 2005 at 0:14:48 [Post link]

While Naruto may be aimed at a teen audience in Japan, don't forget that what's socialy acceptable over there, and what's KidTested-MotherApproved over here are two different things.
;)

Oh, and Hurray for Necro; Corrector of Opinions.:lol:

I understand where your coming from to an extent, but fanboys get worked up for a reason. Franchises are made and born from the mind of somebody, and if a bunch of other somebodies really dig it, than it becomes profitable. However, that doesn't change the fact that the fans originaly fell in love with something from somebody else. The minute a bunch of corpperate hounds begin ripping into something that's aready been estanblishe, being it Naruto or anything else, your going to upset the fans. And understandably so. Hopefully we WILL be able to just buy the DVD...with subtitles...maybe not.

People like what they like.
They really don't like when something they like gets fiddled with, and all the good bits get taken out, and then pushed onto unsuspecting kids who still think it's a pretty neat idea.

It's like taking the "bannana" out of the "bananna split." It just ain't natural.:D

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by BlueSilver]

"I worship the Supreme Comrade Cossack!"

shadowninja25152
Virus Apocolypse

Stream: Aho mode
Posted on June 8, 2005 at 5:27:39 [Post link]

Well my opinion is if america messes up Naruto then just download the Episodes with subtitles. I think its better anyways like that beacuse reading the sub and listening to words let you learn a lil japanese. lol like i learned from Naruto that Baka means stupid, idiot or anything related to that word.:D

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia

Stream: Naked Raiden cartwheels
Posted on June 8, 2005 at 5:57:42 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowninja25152
Well my opinion is if america messes up Naruto then just download the Episodes with subtitles. I think its better anyways like that beacuse reading the sub and listening to words let you learn a lil japanese. lol like i learned from Naruto that Baka means stupid, idiot or anything related to that word.:D

The subs won't be around. Since there's a policy of the anime being licensed, subs are automatically taken offline.

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

shadowninja25152
Virus Apocolypse

Stream: Aho mode
Posted on June 8, 2005 at 6:12:45 [Post link]

Do you really think just because its illegal now that people are going to quit downloading it? I know a billion sites that still have all the episodes up for download! No one cares that its licenesed big deal. Cartoon Network only licenesed 60 episodes any way.

J_Hibiki
Red Abaranger

Stream: Abara Abara ABARANGERS!!

NetNavi:
Hakushin.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on June 8, 2005 at 6:31:15 [Post link]

Ahem. on subject of Naruto in America. I will in fact buy every DVD because they are going to be totally uncut, and if the voices suck I can change it to Japanese. I have faith in ShoPro because I have faith in Vis. and if I'm not mistaken Vis and ShoPro merged or something to that nature. I've seen that all the names will stay the same and the name of the techniques will also stay the same, so that's a plus. I, just like most of you, am afraid that the voices will be messed up, but sometimes you get good voices that are perfect ala Ranma, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star... those are all a lot better that the Japanese, so it CAN happen. I hope they keep the original music, because that is one of the best parts of the show it sets the mood better than the music in any other anime I've ever seen.
All in all I think this is going be a good thing to have in America because I can go and buy it all on DVD and have a great time watching it, but then we will still have the little kids running around yelling about Naruto and it will annoy me to no end, but that's the sometimes the price you pay for success.

87.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

MKDS code is:330772-112281

Bubbles bubbles bubbles

Pages: 1 2 3

New topic Reply