Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Education as we know it, Is tragically flawed.

Pages: 1

Maverick
My face is afflicted with Green.

Stream: Ouch, my thigh hurts.
Posted on April 20, 2005 at 15:25:44 [Post link]

Let's all take a look at the Education system of America. Anyone notice that jobs pay less and college costs more? "The rich get richer and poor get poorer" just doesn't seem to jive anymore. It's not that America is screwed up, it's that America just keeps building and building the structure of jobs and education up and up and up and up, but sooner or later, it's going to collaps.

Here's what education SHOULD look like.

........................Upper Class Leaders...............
.........................Middle Class Jobs....................
........Desk Jobs and miscellaneous upper-lower class jobs..............
................................................Industry Workers................................................

But America continues to try to build it the other way, with more and more leaders with less and less underlings for them to lead. Why is this so? I'll tell you why:

Human nature. Human nature is for every single human being to rise up, claim supremacy, rule over each other, be the best. You can't fight it, no matter what, that's what it is. That's what everyone's true goal is. That's the ulterior motive in everything. There are those that are truly messed up in the head, but all of that is irrevelant. So, because of this nature, you have to compensate. People like being in control, and apparently, America is trying to get everyone in control. But eventually, there's going to be too many leaders with no one for them to lead.

Rhetoric. Gotta love it.

[Edited on 20-4-2005 by Maverick]

Ah, the Truth. It's out there ... nah, maybe not.

Master_Tiger
The MIB Goku

Stream: Hungry Is A Mood Isn't It?
Posted on April 23, 2005 at 20:02:25 [Post link]

If i may quote a great wise man:

Quote:

I have no idea what you just said, Double D

this isnt exactly news to me, i knew American Education System is screwed up. Just like the Justice system

Gutter Mouth
Plastic Grass

Stream: >_o
Posted on April 23, 2005 at 21:00:31 [Post link]

It's seems there is something wrong with education in general lately. All the kids just seem to be getting dumber...

On a completely unrelated note, you guys notice the doughnut topic hit 60 replies?

Maverick

Posted on April 25, 2005 at 16:58:10 [Post link]

That's rediculuous.

As humanity's knowledge grows in proportion, individuals just get stupider.

Ah, the Truth. It's out there ... nah, maybe not.

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
Posted on April 25, 2005 at 23:21:51 [Post link]

How insightful....And true, as well.

Some of the kids in my class don't know what hands-on means.....>< (Random)

Master_Tiger
The MIB Goku

Posted on April 26, 2005 at 0:22:15 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mettaur
How insightful....And true, as well.

Some of the kids in my class don't know what hands-on means.....>< (Random)

Uh, isnt that the same as the term "Second Base"?

Anyway its amazing how stupid people are. I work in fast food i see stupid people all the time. you would think with the education going down the average person would be able to tell the differance between a $10 and a $100.

Anyone want a pickle?

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia

Stream: Naked Raiden cartwheels
Posted on April 26, 2005 at 1:06:10 [Post link]

...what?

No. Hands-on means doing work yourself. :P

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=hands-on

If you thought it was something sexual... what are you doing with that brain of yours?

[Edited on 26-4-2005 by Kia_Purity]

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

Master_Tiger
The MIB Goku

Posted on April 26, 2005 at 17:13:53 [Post link]

... It was a joke based around stupidity Kia, i didnt mean for it to go the wrong way and have it look like i was a idiot (i may seem like it at times but truthfully im not).

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia

Posted on April 26, 2005 at 23:10:54 [Post link]

I know that, but I wasn't sure if that was given some kind of new meaning to it. o_O

I mean, I'm old and have no idea what the teenagers are coming up with in terms of slang. XD

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)

Smirnoff
Superstar!

Stream: Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
Posted on April 27, 2005 at 2:09:02 [Post link]

Stupidity, stupidity and not a drop to drink, I sometimes feel like the only smart 13 year old in my whole fricken' school who reads books made by great war leaders like Sun Tzu. As to the main comment, this is true, although everyone wants supremacy, most people in the world are to lazy to pursue it, causing the balance to stay in place.

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on April 27, 2005 at 4:04:20 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Maverick
But America continues to try to build it the other way, with more and more leaders with less and less underlings for them to lead. ... People like being in control, and apparently, America is trying to get everyone in control. But eventually, there's going to be too many leaders with no one for them to lead.

Oh! And I bet you are one of those "leaders", eh? Surely you wouldn't want to be one of those "underlings", right?

The problem with the education system is NOT that there's "too many leaders". The problem is that people go for average degrees ("safe" degrees such as a Liberal Arts) and not getting into the math and science fields. These jobs are hardly filled that the government and local companies are bending over backwards (internships, job right after college, scholarships, grants) for people to even consider such practices.

No, the problem is not "leaders", its too many people concentrated in one or two fields.

Maverick

Posted on April 27, 2005 at 16:58:59 [Post link]

It's not that there are too many leaders.

It's that too many people are tying to be leaders.

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia

Posted on April 29, 2005 at 17:00:53 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman
Quote:
Originally posted by Maverick
But America continues to try to build it the other way, with more and more leaders with less and less underlings for them to lead. ... People like being in control, and apparently, America is trying to get everyone in control. But eventually, there's going to be too many leaders with no one for them to lead.

Oh! And I bet you are one of those "leaders", eh? Surely you wouldn't want to be one of those "underlings", right?

The problem with the education system is NOT that there's "too many leaders". The problem is that people go for average degrees ("safe" degrees such as a Liberal Arts) and not getting into the math and science fields. These jobs are hardly filled that the government and local companies are bending over backwards (internships, job right after college, scholarships, grants) for people to even consider such practices.

No, the problem is not "leaders", its too many people concentrated in one or two fields.

Er. There's a little problem here. It's that there isn't enough of emphasis on Math and Science in school.

And my major happens to be Liberal Arts because it doesn't belong anywhere else. :P (Communicative Disorders and Website Design)

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
Posted on April 29, 2005 at 21:48:32 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Kia_Purity
Er. There's a little problem here. It's that there isn't enough of emphasis on Math and Science in school.

Oh, you wouldn't believe it. I'm in Seventh grade, and just now my class is learning ratios. What will I do during the TACHS/TAHCS? ><

Pages: 1

New topic Reply