Interordi Menu
ELBURITO
I left.
Inactive
1584 posts

How do you get your music? Do you use a P2P network to download them? Do you torrent them? Do you have friends burn you a CD? Do you get it from Purevolume (like I do) Do you use a subscribtion? Pay as you go?

Yeah, I'm lame.

Smirnoff
Superstar!
Inactive
1069 posts

I usually wirte down all the songs from an Album from a group I like (Such as System of a down) and use Limewire to download them and then use a burning program to make a CD with MP3 quality. Yea, I'm evil like that.

SuperGoku4
Don't worry, I'm not dead!
Inactive
394 posts

My friends burn them for me. I tell them I'm gonna pay them, but I never do:muha:. I guess I'm sorta evil, but not as evil as some....

Slipknot! It rules!

[Edited on 21-7-2005 by SuperGoku4]

Rush152
Lil\' Metool
Inactive
375 posts

Do you use a P2P network to download them? Do you torrent them? Do you have friends burn you a CD?

yeah all those, and off some websites for the anime ones :zzz:

yay found my siggy :D

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

I use p2p to get songs for my computer, but if I want the CD or songs to listen to (otherwise, of course), I buy it. I just made a list of songs to download, but I still buy CDs as I normally would. Burned CDs don't have the casing, jacket, etc., and CD-Rs don't play in all players, or in the case of what I have around, most.

Banned
9 posts

P2P and occasionally CDs. Just wondering how much music does everyone have in their collection?

EDIT: And what P2P programs do you use, and do they work well?

I use K-Lite K++ and it works good though it's sometimes a bit slow(program, not downloading) so I'd like to get some suggestions for another.

[Edited on 22-7-2005 by fred copperstein]

Zero EXE
Infected Data
Inactive
944 posts

Well, I like Japanese songs. I HAVE to download them because I can't buy them here!

Yeah, Torrent works if I can't find them on the net....

Image Do I look like I'm joking?
I didn't want to have to do this, but.....
Read Me!

Random Guy: Who are you? What planet are you from? Who is your leader?
Me: Dude, it's Toast...
Random Guy: Oh...Hello, Toast! Take me to your leader!

Quote of the Week... "Butter Toast! Hello Chicken!"

Quote of the Month... "D.A.R.E. Drugs Are Really Exciting"

SuperGoku4
Inactive
394 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero EXE
Well, I like Japanese songs. I HAVE to download them because I can't buy them here!

Yeah, Torrent works if I can't find them on the net....

You can find anything on the Net. If I just want to listen to some cool music, I go to Overclocked Remix. Great site.

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

I either download them, buy the CD (or order it off the internet), or buy them off of iTunes.

Hey how do you use Torrents? Everytime a download a torrent file it turns into a text file.

[Edited on 23-7-2005 by Kagome_Sakura]

1271 posts

Well i download them off imesh,buy cd's,or ask for freind to make me one.

And what is P2P?

SuperGoku4
Inactive
394 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero the saber master
Well i download them off imesh,buy cd's,or ask for freind to make me one.

And what is P2P?

Peer 2 Peer. Things like Kazaa, Limewire, etc.

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

Kazaa sucks, and infects your computer, too. Bearshare is good for speed, but only when you can actually FIND enough sources to download from. I wouldn't download Bearshare, but would try using it if it was on another computer. I like LimeWire and Shareaza. Shareaza can be slow sometimes, but other times it was much faster. LimeWire is the best if you can get it to work.

[Edited on 11/6/2005 by God]

aust_68
(>\")>
Inactive
27 posts

Kazaa doesn't suck. Well yeah Kazaa does but Kazaa Lite doesn't. It's spyware free. I've had this computer since November 04 with Kazaa since January 05, and I've downloaded 1300 songs or somewhat and not a virus or spyware on my computer yet.

Get a Free iPod Sign up and I give you up to 10 G-Mail invites...yeah I know everyone probably has it by now but what the hey.

JaZZ
Servbot
Inactive
18 posts

I download only songs/albums I canīt find from anywhere. I always prefer to have the real thing if possible....so yes I like to buy my music :)

Manchester Devil
Devil Knight
Inactive
316 posts

I usually buy albums, new or used (CDs or Viynl), though I download entire albums of a bands website if the oppurtunty arises. I only download individual songs as a sampler of a bands talent.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
Inactive
6449 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by aust_68
Kazaa doesn't suck. Well yeah Kazaa does but Kazaa Lite doesn't. It's spyware free. I've had this computer since November 04 with Kazaa since January 05, and I've downloaded 1300 songs or somewhat and not a virus or spyware on my computer yet.

Just as an FYI, K-Lite was shut down. You can, however, get K-Lite Ressurection, which is to K-Lite, as K-Lite was to Kazaa

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

aust_68
(>\")>
Inactive
27 posts

Yeah I know it was shut down but there are still tonnes of users on it and it's still the best program I've used out of Kazaa, K-Lite, WinMx, and Ares. And it's the best by a lot.

And by the way I know a site that still has K-Lite K++ 2.4.3 if anybody cares for it.

Get a Free iPod Sign up and I give you up to 10 G-Mail invites...yeah I know everyone probably has it by now but what the hey.

saiyanprince5
Wandering Returner
Inactive
528 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by aust_68
Yeah I know it was shut down but there are still tonnes of users on it and it's still the best program I've used out of Kazaa, K-Lite, WinMx, and Ares. And it's the best by a lot.

And by the way I know a site that still has K-Lite K++ 2.4.3 if anybody cares for it.

I used WinMX but now it's down! They got taken to court.

Zane Truesdale
Yu Grim Ravenface
180 posts

I just buy them at the music and games store <Strawberries Store>

Nightmares are dreams that need re-coding.

Fusion X
That one guy you know
Inactive
264 posts

Well, since I just bought Penalty Life, I mainly buy. Sometimes I ask for copies, sometimes I download. It all depends really.

|----------
|
|
|----
| USION X
|

Ray
Chocobo
Inactive
804 posts

mostly with P2P (limewire) and sometimes on sites like Rockman-exe.com

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Musicmatch online store as always.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.