Interordi.com:

Interordi.com Message Board
Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: April's Fools Day 2007: the results!, A full scale attack toward almost everyone!

Pages: 1

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on April 3, 2007 at 2:34:09 [Post link]

And we're back once again, this time without a one-month gap!

If you only visited the message board, you might have missed the whole thing. My "attack" happened on three fronts, as I wanted to cover as much ground as possible this year.

First of all, the message board saw the return of the now-infamous "Admin panel" link, but this time it banned you until the end of the day. This had two goals: tease those who participated in last year's battle, and kill most of the discussion so that others couldn't be warned in time. It was awfully effective, as the newcomes didn't know what to expect while the long time members were in a rush to mess up the place.

Next, the Mega Man PC Website: Dr. Cossack's Lab featured a new layout and a new focus: I claimed that it would only feature fan content from now on. The result was that all sections not related to that theme, such as the popular Battle Network information pages, were apparently gone. It was only for 24 hours, though, as I uploaded earlier today the full version of the new layout. I'll post about that one in another topic. I want to mention the fact that, in my opinion, the new logo added a lot of credibility to the apparent change of focus.

Finally, just because I claimed last year that it would be difficult to pull a trick on the oekaki board, I went ahead and apparently removed all non-Mega Man pictures and posted about a new rule forbidding those. Of course, no pictures were deleted: I merely hid all of the non-related images. I manually marked several of the recent pictures, so that a few pages worth would be accurately shown; and I did a search by keyword ("rockman", "roll", "wily", "maverick", ...) to try and grab as many of the appropriate pictures as possible. I didn't get them all, but I think that the number was big enough to make the whole thing credible.

And now, what you're waiting for: the fun stats!

• 35 people clicked the fake "Admin panel" link!
  • 78% of the members who logged in during the day tried out the link!
  • I now have 1 full list of usernames of fools. ;)
  • 1 person was confused enough to e-mail me!
  • The front page of Interordi.com was viewed over 4 times the usual daily number.
  • The front page of the Mega Man PC Website had twice as many hits as normal!
  • Only a few pictures short of 24% were still available on the oekaki board!

Any questions, just ask away!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Necro
Hail to the King, baby!

Stream: If you haven't heard, I'm the best
Posted on April 3, 2007 at 2:40:58 [Post link]

To think that slightly less than 24% of the oekaki board were still available on the oekaki. Crazy how few Megaman pictures are actually drawn. :lol: Though whenever I oekaki-ed I almost never drew Megaman so I'm not one to talk. Eek!

Actually, I looked at my profile yesterday out of curiousity to see what remained of my pictures for the day. To my surprise a few of my pictures remained that weren't Megaman related - they were Batman and Spider-Man pictures. Could this be perhaps because they have "man" after their names?

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on April 3, 2007 at 2:52:43 [Post link]

Exactly. I thought that the word "man" would catch more robot masters and navis than superheroes, so I included it among my scanning keywords.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

TopHat
News reporter
Not Admin
Hats n' spirals

Badges: Caprice Rin Tezuka Soldier Spy Engineer ... and 22 more
Stream: I am VGWuhu, King of Monks http://cloud.steamp...

NetNavi:
Caapsu.EXE
Z-license
Level: 7 [What's this?]
Posted on April 3, 2007 at 3:02:02 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack

• *cough*

Doc, I was not confused. I clearly stated that I knew it was a joke. >___> (EDIT: Just checked the e-mail...and, okay, I didn't CLEARLY state it, but it was obvious) And just say my name. You know you want to.

Also, the board is not Kingdom Hearts-ified yet, as my demands stated. I demand compensation.

Edited by Teej on April 2, 2007 at 21:59:04.

Rioni Riishu
    Superstar!

Stream: "You've got red on you."
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 3:45:23 [Post link]

All I can say is, raise your hand if you were banned!

<_<

>_>

*Raises hand.*

Yeah, as soon as I saw the banned screen, doc, I just started cracking up. At first, I was thinking, "Oh, just this old joke again?" Man, you sure got me. XD Unfortunately, I was busy changing my website colors to all pink to freak out my members, so I missed the rest of the site stuff her. ^^;;

-Ri

Doctacosa
    Admin
    SciLab Official
    Ship Captain

NetNavi:
    Unity.EXE
    SSS-license
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 3:47:08 [Post link]

Quote:
    Originally posted by Teej
    Doc, I was not confused.

And I wasn't talking about you, so we're even. :P

TopHat
    News reporter
    Not Admin
    Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
    Caapsu.EXE
    Z-license
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 4:58:10 [Post link]

Well then you EXCLUDED me.

So, no, we're not even. KH NAO.

HollowTorment
    Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 9:04:34 [Post link]

Honestly Doc, you got me with the Admin Panel thing, but only out of the goodness of my heart.

I didn't realize the day (it was..very early in the morning) and went to the board, saw the admin panel thing and immediately went to email you.

I was in the middle of typing, telling you that your admin panel was open somehow and you had to close it before someone got in there and ruined your board.

I then went..wait a minute...it's glaring red..it WANTS people to click it..

Oh crap it's April 1st.

*clicks it*

And my words to my friend: "OH THAT LITTLE BITCH, IT'S AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE, AHAHAHAHA"

..and my friend had already clicked on the panel by then and got banned himself, yeah.

It was pretty funny.

Unknown

Posted on April 3, 2007 at 16:11:56 [Post link]

Post redacted

Black Dranzer.exe
    World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
    Black Dranzer.EXE
    Z-license
    Level: 1 [What's this?]
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 16:26:56 [Post link]

Oi, i'd love to see a list of everyone who clicked the button, of course that includes me. I was still too tired to understand it was a joke, as for April Fool's I went to teepee a lamer from school's house.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Doctacosa
    Admin
    SciLab Official
    Ship Captain

NetNavi:
    Unity.EXE
    SSS-license
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 17:33:39 [Post link]

Quote:
    Originally posted by HollowTorment
    I then went..wait a minute...it's glaring red..it WANTS people to click it..

Actually, the admin tools are all highlighted in red on either IOBoard or IOekaki. Necro, Breakman or Kia can confirm this. Sure, it's eye-catching for potential fools, but it's also easier to spot when you quickly want to use a moderating option located somewhere in the middle of a page.

Lifa
    Non-Playable Character

Stream: wow, been a long time
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 18:00:31 [Post link]

And I was one of those who didn't click the shiny and almighty holy "Admin panel" -linky thingy even thought I didn't know what could happen if I clicked it. (But I won't deny that it did tempt to click it.)
    Aw phah. Being a typical lazy person can sometimes save from these kind of things happening. X"3

Wonder what Doc will make up for the next time...

Edited by Tikki on April 3, 2007 at 21:02:43.

Breakman
    1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
    Cookie.EXE
    Z-license
    Level: 4 [What's this?]
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 20:27:19 [Post link]

I was confused. I was thinking, this is April Fools... why isn't there a prank? Then I saw the main page and thought the whole fan art conversion was the joke (I wish it wasn't! XP).

Sorry, the whole day was a let down. It seemed like nobody on the internet had any great tricks this year. But I suppose doing something is better than doing nothing (like I did) this year... ^^;

RisingDragon
    Goat Herder

Badges: Lilly Satou Emi Ibarazaki Pyro Heavy Demoman ... and 18 more
    Stream: College and education can go straight to hell n...

NetNavi:
    WhiteGlint.EXE
    Z-license
    Level: 63 [What's this?]
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 20:28:55 [Post link]

Quote:
    Originally posted by Breakman
    It seemed like nobody on the internet had any great tricks this year.

No great tricks this year my rear-end.

This year's was great on this site... doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Edited by RisingDragon on April 3, 2007 at 13:30:04.

"Why do you care that I care that you care enough to care that I care for caring?" "Conversation isn't your strong point, is it?"
    "I worship the supreme comrade Cossack!"
    "OugharagarraaahhHHH: When 'Ow' just won't cut it."
    ImageImage

CAPCOM: We put the "No" in Innovation.

TopHat
    News reporter
    Not Admin
    Hats n' spirals

NetNavi:
    Caapsu.EXE
    Z-license
    Posted on April 3, 2007 at 22:57:56 [Post link]

Quote:

Sorry, the whole day was a let down. It seemed like nobody on the internet had any great tricks this year. But I suppose doing something is better than doing nothing (like I did) this year... ^^;

A fake interview made by Xaldin of KH-Vids.net caused a great stir in the fandom, which fooled pretty much everyone.

Black Dranzer.exe
    World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
    Black Dranzer.EXE
    Z-license
    Level: 1 [What's this?]
    Posted on April 4, 2007 at 0:50:11 [Post link]

Quote:
    Originally posted by Teej
    Quote:

A fake interview made by Xaldin of KH-Vids.net caused a great stir in the fandom, which fooled pretty much everyone.

Yeah, but that's just for you Kingdom Hearts fanboys.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Mr.Mettaur
    News reporter
    Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
    Posted on April 4, 2007 at 2:34:03 [Post link]

Joystiq actually made a list of all reported April Fool's jokes across the web. A few I was aware of were VG Cats (Solid Snake Faux-Myspace was lol), 4color and ytmnd. There were plenty more too, though.

I was expecting a nugget of site-layout-modification from the aftermath of this year's prank. Last year the message board got an overhaul, this year the board as a whole did.

Haha, wonder if this should be new tradition? An obvious prank and some form of layout change or update? We've already done it twice in a row. *laughs*

Edited by Mr.Mettaur on April 3, 2007 at 22:36:58.

Mega X.exe
    Forum Nun

Posted on April 4, 2007 at 3:26:39 [Post link]

I just have one question, Doc. Did you decide this year to exploit our enjoyment of last year's prank? Or was your plan so insidiously crafted, that you planned last year's prank for the sole purpose of entrapping us in your Mad Genius intellect this year?

Because if it's the second one I'm seriously gaining +10 Respect for you.

Weekly Horoscope
    Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Doctacosa
    Admin
    SciLab Official
    Ship Captain

NetNavi:
    Unity.EXE
    SSS-license
    Posted on April 5, 2007 at 1:26:36 [Post link]

Quote:
    Originally posted by Mr.Mettaur
    Haha, wonder if this should be new tradition? An obvious prank and some form of layout change or update? We've already done it twice in a row. *laughs*

Layout updates need to have a use somehow, and they usually take quite some time to put together. I had good timing in the last two years, but I don't think that I'll be able to repeat that feat for too long!

Quote:
    Originally posted by Mega X.exe
    I just have one question, Doc. Did you decide this year to exploit our enjoyment of last year's prank? Or was your plan so insidiously crafted, that you planned last year's prank for the sole purpose of entrapping us in your Mad Genius intellect this year?

I'd like to claim otherwise, but the fake "Admin panel" link is something that I came up with quite late compared to the other parts of the prank. It completed the whole event quite well, though!

MagimanV1.5
    4th Cousin to Doc

Stream: Where am I?
    Posted on April 16, 2007 at 18:39:07 [Post link]

Quote:
    • 35 people clicked the fake "Admin panel" link!

I hadn't been here in almost a month! I honestly thought it was a new feature...
    Quote:
    • 78% of the members who logged in during the day tried out the link!

I don't consider 12:02 AM during the day, thank you...
    Quote:

Oh, 2 people were confused enough, but only 1 had time to.

All in all, ultimately very amsuing as a "joke".

Edited by MagimanV1.5 on April 16, 2007 at 13:43:16.

98% of teens have made a "98% of teens" Signature. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're the 2% that finds it stupid.

Pages: 1

New topic Reply