Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Server Crash, Regarding Down Time

Pages: 1

WindRider739
Cyberspace Ghost Hunter

Stream: AAAAAAAAAHAHA it let me add me as a friend!

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Level: 12 [What's this?]
Posted on August 30, 2013 at 18:46:58 [Post link]

I've had a couple people get a hold of me over skype and private messages in the last 24 hours asking why they can't connect to the server. I've also had a LOT of people get at me over the Creeper's Lab Facebook and IRC asking the same question with the same concerns. I want to go ahead and go over that with you, now.

You're not banned. The server didn't move. And the server was not shut down. We will be back up and running as soon as possible. Roughly 24 hours ago, we experienced our first full-on crash since DrCossack upgraded the server RAM. I know the word crash is scary, but you shouldn't have to worry about having lost any items or work done unless you were online at the time of the crash, and even then - only five minutes worth of time will be lost at MOST.

DrCossack is currently on vacation, riding trains, fighting bears, and getting women. He has been notified via multiple means, and is no doubt aware of the situation. However, being that a large portion of his vacation is going to be on a train, it will likely be tough for him to find access to the internet. He is currently the only person who is able to restart the server.

In the mean time, I would like to remind all of you that while mob spawners are a great way to get effortless experience in the game, it is very important that you not go AFK near non-automated spawners. Blaze spawners especially cause major tension on the server's capabilities, and cause lag for everyone. If you are going to use a spawner, man it. If we believe that your idling near a spawner is causing undue stress to the server or limiting playability for other players, you will be kicked from the game.

If you have any further questions, I am camping our IRC, accessible from www.creeperslab.net.

~Wind

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on August 30, 2013 at 19:15:43 [Post link]

It's back online! Sorry about the delay, I'm in the middle of Nowhere, Canada and don't even have cellphone coverage half the time!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on August 31, 2013 at 1:54:17 [Post link]

Man, servers always act up when their daddy is not around.

WindRider739
Cyberspace Ghost Hunter

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Posted on August 31, 2013 at 6:00:38 [Post link]

Don't they? The fun part is I called this a couple days ago. 'Watch. You're going to leave and the server's going to die.' Starting to think I'm psychic only in things pertaining to Minecraft.

kagato
Minecraft op
Contributor
Superstar!

Badges: Squid beaker 100 credits 150 credits
Posted on September 2, 2013 at 17:38:08 [Post link]

Take it that it fell down, went boom? Got disco'd about 5 minutes ago and still unable to connect and the map won't load ^_^

Edited by kagato on September 2, 2013 at 18:44:11

Chuck Norris doesn't need garbage collection because he doesn't call .Dispose(), he calls .DropKick().

WindRider739
Cyberspace Ghost Hunter

NetNavi:
Error.EXE
Z-license
Posted on September 2, 2013 at 17:41:48 [Post link]

Yes, unfortunately we've experienced a hard crash, and once again have to wait for Doc to find his way to a computer to fix it. He has been notified via SMS text message, so he is aware of the problem. Being that he's still on vacation though, it might take a while.

kagato
Minecraft op
Contributor
Superstar!

Posted on November 17, 2013 at 5:21:33 [Post link]

Fall down, go boom again? :) Was originally guessing a plug-in crash but it doesn't seem to have recovered this time around like prior instances this week.

Edited by kagato on November 17, 2013 at 5:22:05

Chuck Norris doesn't need garbage collection because he doesn't call .Dispose(), he calls .DropKick().

kagato
Minecraft op
Contributor
Superstar!

Posted on November 17, 2013 at 5:25:03 [Post link]

Oh sure, it waits until I post to come back :P

Pages: 1

New topic Reply