Topic: Theories on Megaman, by people who know jack

Pages: 1

Maverick
My face is afflicted with Green.

Stream: Ouch, my thigh hurts.
Posted on February 9, 2005 at 17:00:44 [Post link]

Theory 1

Theory 2

I was browsing about at these new boards that my friend was telling me to join, when I came across these theories. I'm pretty sure that both of them are hugely false, but I just wanted to know what you guys think.

Ah, the Truth. It's out there ... nah, maybe not.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on February 10, 2005 at 3:37:50 [Post link]

Just a note, it's impossible for non-registered members to view any topics from the Mega Man Matrix message board...

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2017!)

Dr. Evo
A custom title, how original

Stream: Bored......
Posted on February 20, 2005 at 2:49:34 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Just a note, it's impossible for non-registered members to view any topics from the Mega Man Matrix message board...
I got an account there, so I can use some cut & paste.

Quote:

Do you think that Sigma's mysterious partner is Dr.Light?

Now before you harshly flame me just hear me out.

I understand that it's impossible for such a thing to happen because Dr.Light is always about peace and equality. And yest in X5 all signs point to Wily. But think about this.

As you know Dr.Light died and created a program of his intellegence as a hologram. Now as we know the Sigma Virus infects any program or reploid and causes them to go maverick.

It's quite possible that at one point the Sigma Virus found Dr.Light's hologram and infected it causing him as a program to go maverick. Then in turn he became Sigma's partner and secretly plotted to help him while making armor's for X as an alibi so X doesn't know the truth.

It sounds far-fetched but it's also possible to happen. Light is a program and is susceptible to the Sigma Virus.

Quote:

I wish to open debate about the theory that Protoman is Zero. Here's how it works. We all know that Protoman is much more independent than any of the other robots and quite possibly is as free-willed as reploids. We also know that he has some sort of energy in balance in him which should eventually destroy him. So my theory is that when Dr. Wily created Zero he made a robot shell that while very powerful was no more intelligent or free willed than any other of his creations. So in an attempt to make an even more powerful robot he captures Protoman and transfers his consciousness into the new body. Hence Protoman = Zero. There is also the possibility that the energy imbalance transfered as well and that was either modified by Wiley or just mutated into the virus that infects Sigma in MMX4.

Anyway theres the theory, please no flaming about how it's stupid. I know it's stupid. I'm just interested if anyone can point out some obvious holes in it or offer other possible permutations of it.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on February 26, 2005 at 14:40:13 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Evo
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
I got an account there, so I can use some cut & paste.

Quote:

Do you think that Sigma's mysterious partner is Dr.Light?

Now before you harshly flame me just hear me out.

I understand that it's impossible for such a thing to happen because Dr.Light is always about peace and equality. And yest in X5 all signs point to Wily. But think about this.

As you know Dr.Light died and created a program of his intellegence as a hologram. Now as we know the Sigma Virus infects any program or reploid and causes them to go maverick.

It's quite possible that at one point the Sigma Virus found Dr.Light's hologram and infected it causing him as a program to go maverick. Then in turn he became Sigma's partner and secretly plotted to help him while making armor's for X as an alibi so X doesn't know the truth.

It sounds far-fetched but it's also possible to happen. Light is a program and is susceptible to the Sigma Virus.

Quote:

I wish to open debate about the theory that Protoman is Zero. Here's how it works. We all know that Protoman is much more independent than any of the other robots and quite possibly is as free-willed as reploids. We also know that he has some sort of energy in balance in him which should eventually destroy him. So my theory is that when Dr. Wily created Zero he made a robot shell that while very powerful was no more intelligent or free willed than any other of his creations. So in an attempt to make an even more powerful robot he captures Protoman and transfers his consciousness into the new body. Hence Protoman = Zero. There is also the possibility that the energy imbalance transfered as well and that was either modified by Wiley or just mutated into the virus that infects Sigma in MMX4.

Anyway theres the theory, please no flaming about how it's stupid. I know it's stupid. I'm just interested if anyone can point out some obvious holes in it or offer other possible permutations of it.

Theory one is interesting Theory 2 is BS come on get real. but still very interesting.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on February 26, 2005 at 18:02:00 [Post link]

They both kind of ruin the drama I've envisioned for the X series. But then again, so did X7 >_>

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Shadowfire
The Third Commander

Stream: n00b is not a level... it's an attitude
Posted on February 28, 2005 at 0:25:05 [Post link]

Theory 1 is possible, but, as we have seen, Dr. Light is not only a hologram, he also exists as a spirit or ghost. It shows him appearing, without the aid of a capsule, to repair X at the end of X5. I doubt that the Sigma virus could infect something as pure as a spirit. Theory number two.. while interesting, it just doesn't seem feasable.. =p

[Edited on 28-2-2005 by Shadowfire]

FLASH FORWARD
Superstar!

Stream: Surviving Horror
Posted on March 1, 2005 at 1:46:58 [Post link]

i think whoever made those topics have a few loose screws....:)

http://www.freewebs.com/keough2k/

the official Kaos Entertainment webpage. Go there to see stuff.

shogunskey
Servbot

Stream: has Zero fever
Posted on May 20, 2005 at 15:04:37 [Post link]

both could have some credibility, they both make some sence so i think it is possible that there are fact.

ImageImage

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.

Sephiroth XX
Hikari

Stream: .......Bacon..... = .......... YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on May 23, 2005 at 2:23:01 [Post link]

Play MM@:the Power fighters to find out about Zero

How do you prove that we exist...
Maybe we don't exist...
-Vivi FF9

http://s14.invisionfree.com/Gundam_Final_War

^JOIN NOWWWWW OR I WILL PWN J00!

http://s9.invisionfree.com/MegamanBNimperial

^Join too

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on July 4, 2005 at 6:50:37 [Post link]

It's simple...

As far as Theory-1 goes, note that Sigma tells X that his partner is someone who HATES him. Dr. Light doesn't hate X so that totally rules him out. Even if he was maverick. A maverick just wouldn't care either way.

Theory-2 is easily disproven by the fact that we see Dr. Wily has ALREADY BEGUN CONSTRUCTION on Zero at the end of "MegaMan: The Power Fighters". And as we all know, ProtoMan was still around as a seperate entity at that point.

Case(s) closed.

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

Hallie
Gimme a hug!

Posted on July 31, 2005 at 18:21:40 [Post link]

"As you know Dr.Light died and created a program of his intellegence as a hologram. Now as we know the Sigma Virus infects any program or reploid and causes them to go maverick. "

Umm, somehow this just doesn't make sense, but I can't quite put my finger on just exactly what is wrong with it... Maybe it's that we've only seen Reploids affected so far? ^-^;;

And Blues/Zero? Err, no. Just no. Though I haven't beat MM8 yet (but I'm working on it... I'm at the halfway point here.^^), from what I know of Blues and Zero both, it just doesn't seem to work. For one thing, because Blues and Zero existed in the SAME TIMELINE with each other. Don't believe me? Play Power Battle and beat it as Forte. Zero is revealed to be in construction while Blues is elsewhere, having a dramatic moment. Proof that Zero can't be Blues!

I have another theory though, also because of that Power Battle ending... What if Zero isn't a Reploid? I mean, he was built before Reploids had begun production, correct? So what makes him one? And has he ever been referred to directly as a Reploid? ((If so, then excuse me. ^^ I've only played X1-4 and 8 and read over the scripts of X5-7.))

And my little brother has a theory of his own about what happened to all the original series characters, but I personally think he's insane. He says that he believes after Zero was first activated, that he killed off all the original characters. ALOT of things about it don't make sense, am I right?

EDIT:
"Theory-2 is easily disproven by the fact that we see Dr. Wily has ALREADY BEGUN CONSTRUCTION on Zero at the end of "MegaMan: The Power Fighters". And as we all know, ProtoMan was still around as a seperate entity at that point. "
Whoops, didn't notice that had already been posted. Darn. ^_^ Sorry.

[Edited on 31-7-2005 by Hallie]

Rioni Riishu
Superstar!

Stream: "You've got red on you."
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 18:56:39 [Post link]

Well, obviously, neither are feasably canon, but they would make for interesting fanfiction. As for Zero being a reploid... yeah, he is. MegamanZero series confirms that for sure.

-Ri

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on July 31, 2005 at 23:56:58 [Post link]

He's referred to as one, but it's physically impossible for him to be one.

Reploids are robots replicated from X's designs. Since Zero and X were built roughly the same time, Zero couldn't be a reploid.

Unless you subscribe the the "Bass stole X's plans from Light's lab in MM7" theory, which I don't.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 7:50:40 [Post link]

Dr Light can't be Sig virus possessed because..wouldn't the capsules therefore have the Sig virus in them, therefore giving the virus to X? And we know from X5 that the virus takes X's health away to a degree...which has never happened when he put armor on, so yeah.

Protoman can't be Zero. What, are we back on the Capcom boards in 2001 or what? :lol:

Beastman.SP
Ownag3!

Stream: Shifting from Mad to Bad!
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 19:30:51 [Post link]

Iagree with HollowTorment there no comments on that!:miam:

Hallie
Gimme a hug!

Posted on August 2, 2005 at 5:01:03 [Post link]

"As for Zero being a reploid... yeah, he is. MegamanZero series confirms that for sure. "

Well, I've never played MMZ. I couldn't be expected to know that. XD Rather, I've never beaten it. I played it once.

"He's referred to as one, but it's physically impossible for him to be one.

Reploids are robots replicated from X's designs. Since Zero and X were built roughly the same time, Zero couldn't be a reploid. "

That's what I was talking about to start with, though. Reploids are replications of X's design, hence "REP-loid".

Pages: 1

New topic Reply