Interordi Menu
Smirnoff
Superstar!
Inactive
1069 posts

Today, at 9:37 p.m. , romanian time, Pope John Paul II died, He was Pope for over 25 years and never put anything above his job, to be a holy servant of god. Pay your final respects here to honor this great man. :cry:

[Edited on 2-4-2005 by Megaman Masta]

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Let me just say this. I'm not sad. I know where the Pope went.

In fact, if the Pope doesn't make it to heaven, none of us will.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here
4029 posts

Yes, he was also old.

Apart from the old:

Every sperm is precious
Every sperm is great
If a perm is wasted
God gets quite irate
~Monty Python

Except with all of the HIV in Africa.

True, the use of a condom stops a pregnancy, therefore preventing life, but it also stops all of the suffering gotten through AIDS. I personally don't think that's right to say that.

Anyway, I won't get into that argument, now. This is about the Pope. Talk of it as you wish.

[Edited on 2/4/05 by Indifferent Protester]

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

....Do you know where the Pope was located, Masta? I dare say, it was'nt Romanian time.:P He was the Roman Catholic Pope, but that spreads into Europe. It was around St. Peterís Square. Which I beleive is in UK. Vatican City was the place, yes. Thats around somewhere in Europe. Which would be UK time.

[Edited on 4/2/05 by Gandalf the White]

Fight, Megaman! For everlasting peace! ~ :o

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

I thought the Vatican was somewhere in Italy. Somewhere near Rome.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

Nope, last I recall it was around the eastern European area.

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

I'm fairly sure that it is in Italy. After all, historically that's where the Pope first existed, in the Roman Empire. Though it's now long gone, I'm pretty sure the Pope's HQ so to speak is still there.

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Quote:
The Vatican City is situated on the Vatican Hill in the northwestern part of Rome, several hundred metres west of the Tiber river, on the latter's right bank. Its borders (3.2km in total, all with Italy) closely follow the city wall constructed to protect the Pope from outside attack. The situation is more complex at the famous St. Peter's Square in front of the St. Peter's Basilica, where the correct border is the middle of the round area surrounded by Bernini's columns. It is the smallest sovereign state in the world at 0.44 km≤ (108.7 acres). According to the Lateran Treaties certain properties of the Holy See, although not being part of the territory of the City State, enjoy the privilege of extraterritoriality (e.g. Major Basilicas, Curial and diocesan offices, Castel Gandolfo). The Pope is the Head of State, though he governs through the Pontifical Commission for the State of Vatican City. The Gubernator manages the day to day affairs of the State.

Its climate is naturally the same as Rome's; a temperate, Mediterranean climate with mild, rainy winters from September to mid-May and hot, dry summers from May to September.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_City#Geography

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

Zera
Zera
Inactive
913 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe

\

I was the first to hear that!!

Well, I'm not a Catholic, but he was a good man.

o hay

Juno
I AM the Iron Pony!!
Inactive
-1484 post
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

I agree Zera,he was indeed a good man, and he will be missed by manny:cry:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Zera
Quote:

\

I was the first to hear that!!

Well, I'm not a Catholic, but he was a good man.

Actually, the post came first. But you were probably the first to actually read it.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
Inactive
4806 posts

At least his suffering is over. I sure wouldn't like to be in the torment he was in at that age..

Oh wait, I forgot

I don't care because I don't know him. Flame war begins..mod steps in, flame war ends, months later a n00b bumps up the topic and goes "OMG ur sew cruel"

The life and times of S.S. Calmwaters.

Smirnoff
Superstar!
Inactive
1069 posts

Which on another topic reminds me that summer is coming soon and we're gonna have an increase in n00bs and spammers...

Juno
I AM the Iron Pony!!
Inactive
-1484 post
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

Quote:
Originally posted by Megaman Masta
Which on another topic reminds me that summer is coming soon and we're gonna have an increase in n00bs and spammers...

What makes you think that Masta?

Staff Backer Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6380 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Two corrections to your post, Wind:

- The Pope died yesterday, not two days ago... (at the time of writting, that is)
- He was 84 years old, not 85.

I think that, no matter your beliefs, it's hard to deny that the Pope John Paul II was a great man as well as a great Pope. He did a lot during his era to help bring everyone together. Rest in peace, you've done more than your share of work.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

Yeah I heard, yesterday I slept threw church so my dad told me and I was sorta like "Holy crap, another holy person dies!". I said the because a priest at my school had died a few days before that so I have off school tomorrow and mabey another day. My spring vacation keeps getting longer. I'm not happay that they died or anything though. But, there was some crapy wheather yesterday after the pope had died. I kept seeing these greenish flashes of light and then the power went out. :conf:

[Edited on 3-4-2005 by Kagome_Sakura]

‚ö† Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 283
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 290: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Samsara
4029 posts

And to end Wind's almost perfect post, I will say last word to utter from his lips: "Amen".

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

Yeah, I've been watching it. He sounded like a great guy, but I'm just now meeting him in his obituary sadly.

I'm not Catholic, but I agree with Mega X on this one... from what I've heard about him, anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

God
Not A Feminist
836 posts

See this topic for it's thoughts on the matter.

Samsara
4029 posts

Yes, the media coverage is way to wearisome, but you have to admit, he did do some pretty good things. I can understand why people would mourn. Or at least feel bad. I, personally, see it as a relief for the poor sod, but hey! That's just me.

God
Not A Feminist
836 posts

At least you're being intelligent about it...

Sage
News reporter
All Business.
1763 posts

Yeah, but atleast he understands why people mourn over the Pope. That and Air's right. He did do great things.

‚ö† Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/sources/classes/CPost.php on line 283
#0 in /home/inter/public_html/mboard/topic.php on line 290: CPost::::::output
Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
Inactive
4806 posts

Good god. (hahaha) Wind gives his honest opinion about something, it happens to be something you don't like, and it causes a spaztacular post where you get into a giant flame war with seemingly intelligent individuals?

Sage..every since you changed your name to Gandalf, I HATED IT. I will now flame you until your EYES BLEED. :cool: :lol:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun
6449 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
Good god. (hahaha) Wind gives his honest opinion about something, it happens to be something you don't like, and it causes a spaztacular post where you get into a giant flame war with seemingly intelligent individuals?

You talking about Sage? I've yet to see this "spaztacular" post. Unless you were referring to a certain other user, then I think I know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Sage..every since you changed your name to Gandalf, I HATED IT. I will now flame you until your EYES BLEED. :cool: :lol:

Yeah yeah, big 'ol Hollow's gonna get angry and is going to be mean to Sage. Yeah yeah, whatever.

Either way, I think opinions should be respected.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

eternal dragon
emboy of eternity
Inactive
159 posts

this is a little off-topic,dont you think?
I really didnt stimated the pope,he was only a representant,but people cried like if he were crist itself
he was a good man,if I would be him ,I would give all the money I had to other people.

Sorry for been ausent all this time,but,dude darkeness its some serius bussiness....
just kidding just a long vacation and a really long
'duh.....I must do something but I can tell what it is'

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
2838 posts

He was a great man to the world and the world owes him thanks to all he has done.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Zero EXE
Infected Data
Inactive
944 posts

Yeah, I suppose you are all right. I never really heard of a pope until people started saying he was in the hospital. I was like, "Who is this pope guy? What is a pope?" He prolly did alot of great things...

Image Do I look like I'm joking?
I didn't want to have to do this, but.....
Read Me!

Random Guy: Who are you? What planet are you from? Who is your leader?
Me: Dude, it's Toast...
Random Guy: Oh...Hello, Toast! Take me to your leader!

Quote of the Week... "Butter Toast! Hello Chicken!"

Quote of the Month... "D.A.R.E. Drugs Are Really Exciting"

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
Inactive
4806 posts

Quote:
You talking about Sage? I've yet to see this "spaztacular" post. Unless you were referring to a certain other user, then I think I know what you're talking about.

Nope, not Sage.

Quote:
Yeah yeah, big 'ol Hollow's gonna get angry and is going to be mean to Sage. Yeah yeah, whatever.

DUDE, I was MOCKING the person I was referring to in the previous post. Get the stick out of your ass.