(blank post)

[Edit]

Oh yeah. Yes.

[Edited on 4/24/2005 by God]

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here
4029 posts

In theory, yes.

They are supposed to be thin strips of potato (a vegetable) fired in oil.

However, the McDonalds crap etc. you see these days are originally in liquid form with stuff in there were it's hard to tell where they came from. They don't taste of anything before they plaster them in salt.

They are meant to be potato, though, yes. (A potato is a vegetable, so yes.)

Slash Beast
Irken Invader
Inactive
545 posts

Well yes they are but once you fry them that way they lose all the nutrients and vitamin value of the original potato they were made from so it's kind of a "yesno":D

Or unless they are steam cooked or baked then they're still good to eat.

ImageImageImage

Kia_Purity
Solid Kia
1184 posts

Depends on how it's made. If it still has starch in it somehow, still a vegetable.

There's some places with good fries that at least actually tastes like potato. :P Southeast carryout (local) and Barndard's (local) has them!

I've never eaten Burger King's. McDonald's fries doesn't even taste like potato at all... just something different. Don't know what it is. Wendy's is decent, at least. It does have starch. :x

However. There's an excellent resturant that makes yummy baked potato (City Bites, yet another local resturant where I live!)

...hmm, local resturants seem to have better food... something about irony somewhere in there.

--Mod of Ioekaki--

Best quotes from IRC:
* DrCossack hits Evan on the head with Zero's thong.
<Kia_Purity> wat <Kia_Purity> "Queen of Interordi" <Kia_Purity> who did that? XD (from april fools '06)
* DragonBlayde thwacks Mega_X with Kia's thongs <Kia_Purity> NOT MY THONGS

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

But a vegetable isn't based on whether it has nutrients or not. It's based on whether it's a vegetable. As a matter of fact, many vegetables don't have anything in them.

McDonald's fries have potato on the inside. That's why they're better; nice and thin so you can taste the outside instead of that mushy... potato. If you really think McDonald's fries has no potato in them, cut one open with a knife and then use a tool to scrape out the inside.

Also, it has beef flavoring.

[Edited on 5/23/2005 by God]

Sakura
Aqua-cadet
Inactive
1027 posts

Well, if they are they are the best vegies I've had :D.
I think they would be a vegetable, but that doesn't mean you should eat them in a salad. And usually vegetables aren't covered in grease. I got fries from McDonalds and they were covered in grease.

Master_Tiger
The MIB Goku
Inactive
397 posts

<random>
Dietary Loophole!
so this means if a "French Fried Potato" is a vegetable since it has potato in its name, does this mean i can have carrotcake on my diet?
</Random>

but yes, i think Fries are vegetables. but i think fries where invinted by someone with to much time on his(her) hands. Any potato i eat is cooked and stuffed with sour cream, bacon, and other goods :D

My site to be, to find out about its progress click the image ^

Pocket
Old School
782 posts

Technically I would say yes but only to the specific question.

I wouldn't apply logic such as all vegetables are healthy therefore french fries are healthy or some other similar reasoning.

Jack of all trades.
Master of none.

Juno
I AM the Iron Pony!!
-1484 post
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 18 more

No thay are not vegis, cuse technicly potatos aren't vegis, thay'er starchis.

Smirnoff
Superstar!
Inactive
1069 posts

ugh.....this is annoying, potatoes are veggies, and fries are technically strips of chopped up, deep fried, potatoes, So I guess, yes.

Mega alexman
yugioh champion
Inactive
93 posts

mainly i'lled say no fries are chips if you didn't konw

BassGospel
Shirt Ninja
Inactive
561 posts

Fries and chips (not potato chips/crisps) are similar except fries are smaller and much crapper. Why would you eat McDonalds etc anyway?

Smirnoff
Superstar!
Inactive
1069 posts

But, Mcdonalds fries are tasty!

*mmmmmm salty goodness*

Banned
71 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Megaman Masta
But, Mcdonalds fries are tasty!

*mmmmmm salty goodness*

WELL technicly mcDonalds use potato paste so at in and out have fries made from fresh potatoes so MC. theyre not veggies but in and out theyre fresh fried baked veggies.
Rinder i agree with you MC's make me :sick:

[Edited on 10-5-2005 by hubactaxle]

IM meijen famous the person that creates almost all navis look at avatar Double soul PUNK soul

BassGospel
Shirt Ninja
Inactive
561 posts

Yeah, I mean, I've forgot how they taste but, they're really bas for you. Back on topic: they aren't vegetables because they were'nt made from potatoes. MC will cut corners to make money. I've been McDonalds clean for over two years...

Banned
71 posts

yeah but in and out has fries made of real potatoes. mcs fries arent potatos:miam:

IM meijen famous the person that creates almost all navis look at avatar Double soul PUNK soul

ELBURITO
I left.
Inactive
1584 posts

I consider'd french fries to be that little group at the top of the food pyramid...

...wait...didn't they just change the food pyramid???

oh well, its still all preservatives.

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

They didn't CHANGE the food pyramid, they got rid of it, and it's not because the long version has potato in it's name it's because it actually IS a potato.

It knows McDonald's must use real potatos because occasionally you get a piece of skin on them. If they used potato paste, they wouldn't get skin. Also it worked at McDonald's for about 2 years and the managers were always telling it things that they did/used like the fact that there's beef flavoring in the french fries so if they were from potato paste they'd likely tell it. Maybe they used to use potato paste.

French fries are not chips that just what British people call them, and chips are vegtables too becase they're still potato (or corn, though it doesn't t think corn chips are made with actual corn, more like tortillias, so no).

Technically chocolate is a vegetable too; it's made from cocoa beans. However most people would probably say it isn't because they grind it up into powder and then add other things. French fries are just fried; it doesn't change the state. So if you say no, does that mean fried broccoli isn't a vegetable either? Fried carrots? Fried cauliflower!? (which looks exactly the same and tastes almost exactly the same)

[Edited on 5/27/2005 by God]

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Actually I never considered potatoes to be vegetables.. They're technically a root vegetable but, with the way they're usually prepared in the west, they're so unhealthy that they don't even seem to be vegetables to me. *shrug*

And someone's got a broken spoiler tag or something..woop woop woop.

MagimanV1.5
4th Cousin to Doc
Inactive
874 posts

yeehaw. Of course they're vegetables, just because they're deep fried doesn't mean they change food groups. That would mean 30 percent of all my food doesn't count.

98% of teens have made a "98% of teens" Signature. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're the 2% that finds it stupid.

wolfwood
Lil' metool
Inactive
2 posts

its a veage thats still a junk food

Samsara
4029 posts

Not necessarily. It is possible to fry chips and keep them healthy.

Morphman
Niz-Da
2646 posts

To be able to answer this question correctly, one must know first if POTATOES are vegetables.

But if they are, I can't say there are vegetables I have eaten I'd prefer over them. :D

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet
Inactive
1476 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsara
Not necessarily. It is possible to fry chips and keep them healthy.

Just like everything else that comes from a fast food restaurant. If you make your own hamburger/hot dog, it'll be healthy.

Samsara
4029 posts

Look. I don't trust the salads in a fast food resturant. In fact, when I'm talking about whether food is healty or not, I never talk about fast food unless I specifically state that.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler
Inactive
2838 posts

Yeah, Potatos are starchy no matter what this is just cooking them another way.

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

KayChan
Needy Patient
Inactive
101 posts

sorry God, no they arent.:( I wish they were though!:miam:

I love random pms!!!
My Name is PHILLIP!!!
CLICK HERE.... if you like WAFFLES!! muahahhahaha!!!

Samsara
4029 posts

A chip (fry, whatever you want to call it) is a potato which has been cut up and fried. If I took a salmon and deep fried it, it is still a fish. Why should potatoes be any different?

KayChan
Needy Patient
Inactive
101 posts

fries!

I love random pms!!!
My Name is PHILLIP!!!
CLICK HERE.... if you like WAFFLES!! muahahhahaha!!!

God
Not A Feminist
837 posts

SPAM!